Possible Electrical Issue

This is a discussion on Possible Electrical Issue within the RAM 1500 Diesel Electrical forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; Was not sure if I wanted to post this under lighting or electrical - but figure it is an electrical issue. Driving home the other ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Hershey

Thread: Possible Electrical Issue

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Diesel
    Liked
    137 times

Was not sure if I wanted to post this under lighting or electrical - but figure it is an electrical issue.

Driving home the other day in an ice storm (that was fun) I got a check engine light (which may or may not be related to problem I have now). Of course before I could get to the dealership, it went out (a day later). But then I started getting an EVIC notice that my Right Rear turn signal was out. Actually it would advise of that pretty much every time I touched the brake pedal, turned, etc.

When I got out of the Truck to look however, the rear turn signal is functioning. It is funny - in the cab when the right signal is on, you get the Fast Blink on the dash, like a Bulb is out - however the signals on the right side of the truck are all normal speed - except on the side mirror.

The warning comes and goes, as does the fast blink. If the Truck sits over night, and I go out, there is no warning, and everything is working fine. As I drive, it will then start to tell me incessantly that the rear turn signal is out, and start fast blinking.

I have it scheduled to go in next week, so will advise.

Any thoughts?

Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupelo View Post
    Was not sure if I wanted to post this under lighting or electrical - but figure it is an electrical issue.

Driving home the other day in an ice storm (that was fun) I got a check engine light (which may or may not be related to problem I have now). Of course before I could get to the dealership, it went out (a day later). But then I started getting an EVIC notice that my Right Rear turn signal was out. Actually it would advise of that pretty much every time I touched the brake pedal, turned, etc.

When I got out of the Truck to look however, the rear turn signal is functioning. It is funny - in the cab when the right signal is on, you get the Fast Blink on the dash, like a Bulb is out - however the signals on the right side of the truck are all normal speed - except on the side mirror.

The warning comes and goes, as does the fast blink. If the Truck sits over night, and I go out, there is no warning, and everything is working fine. As I drive, it will then start to tell me incessantly that the rear turn signal is out, and start fast blinking.

I have it scheduled to go in next week, so will advise.

Any thoughts?
    I have the same issues, mine are random and include transmission, headlight, airbag, brake controler.....ect!
    There is so way electrical problems I can not go a few days without an issue.

Best of luck to you

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 ED Laramie, 355 Diff ,ARE Cap, pull me over first Red
    Liked
    101 times
    Kinda strange with the fast blinking inside but blinks normally outside.
    When I had my cap installed the installer removed the center brake light bulb so that it would not reflect between the two windows.
    My truck then gave me a Right Brake light out message every time I started it. I ended up replacing the bulb and covering it with black vinyl. Problem solved. So the actual location that it is telling you may be wrong as mine was.
    Maybe double check that mirror light? Just a guess.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Diesel
    Liked
    137 times
    I am thinking it is something in the wiring. The Check Engine light came back on, and I was able to get it to the dealer. They left me alone with the print out of the messages - so I took a picture..

First two items I believe reference the turn signal issue:
    - B1793-11 Right Rear Lamp Diagnostic Line - Circuit Short to Ground
    - C2129-16 Battery Voltage - Circuit Voltage Below Threshold

The others might be more on the Check Engine Light

- P1296-00 EGR Slow Response - Increasing Flow
    - B128E-25 PTS Sensor 1-Signal Shape/Waveform Failure
    - B128F-25 PTS Sensor 2-Signal Shape/Waveform Failure
    - B1290-25 PTS Sensor 3-Signal Shape/Waveform Failure
    - B1291-25 PTS Sensor 4-Signal Shape/Waveform Failure
    - B1292-25 PTS Sensor 5-Signal Shape/Waveform Failure
    - B1293-25 PTS Sensor 6-Signal Shape/Waveform Failure
    - B1296-25 PTS Sensor 9-Signal Shape/Waveform Failure

Truck is going in on Thursday so should know more by then.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '16 Laramie CC 4x4 Eco Diesel
    Liked
    294 times
    Hmmm, a battery acting up possibly? Moisture getting into somewhere where it shouldn't? I know of another member on this board who is local and bought his truck same time as me. He had a funky light show and it turned out to be a cracked ABS module letting moisture in, replaced module and all is good. Both myself and a third local member on this board have also had a few weird random warning lights and messages pop up and never return. I spoke with an independent tech who works on a lot of Ram trucks and his opinion was FCA uses too thin a gauge of wire and in some instances they can wiggle or move too much inside main connectors which triggers these weird light shows. Hopefully you get it fixed soon.

Member #
    Liked
    1177 times
    Welcome to Forget Customer Assistance (FCA). The number one issue on these trucks is beginning to look like electrical. These are not simple electrical snafus, but rather large, complicated electrical nightmares. I used to read about European exotics having severe electrical issues that would force the owners to trade or they would just burn up. I never expected to see it again 30 years later in an American brand. But, what more could one expect from Fix It Again Tony...
    CDNLaramie and Patroller8D like this.
    Former Ecodiesel owner - now 2016 Lexus RX 450h

Mopar Tonneau Cover, WeatherTec Bug Deflector, Geno's Garage Cabin Filter,
    JBL GX962 6X9 Rear Speakers, Infinity REF-3002cfx Dash Speakers

Sponsored Links