2016 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel Spontaneously Combusted - Page 12

2016 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel Spontaneously Combusted

This is a discussion on 2016 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel Spontaneously Combusted within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Now I'm real curious at how this plays out. Hope we are made aware of the conclusion....

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: 2016 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel Spontaneously Combusted

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    3673 times
    Now I'm real curious at how this plays out.

Hope we are made aware of the conclusion.
    97hmcs likes this.
    Use your head or my may have to use your feet.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 RAM ED
    Liked
    40 times
    I am going to check my insurance coverage on mine and I also think the extended warranty might be a wise move on this truck, I have no problems with it so far and 20k on the ticker.
    2015 CC 4X4 Tradesman

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 RAM 1500 Lone Star EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1411 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrysburg Dodgeboy View Post
    I would think the fact that he was speeding and his past driving history had more to do with it.
    There are places in the USA where 75 is perfectly lawful. Just a friendly reminder.
    Always learning.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Limited
    Liked
    286 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM259 View Post
    I also think the extended warranty might be a wise move on this truck
    I don't think there would be any benefit to an extended warranty as it relates to this thread. Are you saying an extended warranty just overall?
    2015 RAM 1500 Crew Cab Ecodiesel Limited, 3.92 gears, air suspension, towing package.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 1500 Laramie CC SWB GDE Eco-diesel 4X4
    Liked
    495 times
    Agreed, isn't there a highway out west somewhere that does not have a speed limit?The point is you do not get canceled by an insurance company for a single claim! If that were the case I wouldn't be with Allstate, we have had three claims all collision one for the oldest daughter and two from the youngest. All three were mirror claims with the highest payout being $2500. Rates didn't go up and we have our good driver discount back now.
    2015 Ram Laramie Crew Cab, short box, 4X4, GDE Tune, western brown with canyon brown light frost beige W/BENCH SEAT, wheel to wheel bars, front windows tinted 15%, 8.4AN radio and more gadgets than I know what to do with!

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 4x4 Outdoorsman Quad Cab
    Liked
    93 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Top View Post
    There are places in the USA where 75 is perfectly lawful. Just a friendly reminder.
    What? I've seen places where it's 80 or 85 (I think the 85 was some 'test' area in Utah or Nevada).

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie 4x4 ecodiesel
    Liked
    19 times
    Interstates in most of ID, WY, MT, UT and the Dakotas are 80 MPH. The 85 MPH test bed is or at least was in southern Utah on the 15.

Member #
    Liked
    1218 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrysburg Dodgeboy View Post
    Agreed, isn't there a highway out west somewhere that does not have a speed limit?The point is you do not get canceled by an insurance company for a single claim! If that were the case I wouldn't be with Allstate, we have had three claims all collision one for the oldest daughter and two from the youngest. All three were mirror claims with the highest payout being $2500. Rates didn't go up and we have our good driver discount back now.
    A lot depends on state laws that govern insurance companies. States that heavily regulate insurance are less likely to have sudden cancellations vs. states that use a more hands off approach. Texas pays some of the highest premiums because of the high number of "natural" damage like hail, tornados, deer & windshield rock damage. My sister lives in MD & hit a deer (nothing she could do), then she had a fender bender in the snow. Her insurance promptly cancelled her. Insurance companies only care about their profits & not who they are insuring despite what they advertise. They are mostly scum. I had hail damage to my home that required a roof replacement. After they did their song & dance about how they were "helping" me, they raised my homeowner's rate. I shopped & got more coverage for less money (because of the new roof) with Allstate.

Any vehicle that suddenly bursts into flames is not normal & requires a thorough investigation. GM Pickups just went through a big deal where their remote start equipped pickups were catching fire. It happens mostly because the manufacturers have issues in their electrical systems. Unless arson is not ruled out & the OP did not install something correctly, I stand by my statement that the manufacturer is most likely at fault.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times

Update

UPDATE

(claim was filed on 11/25/16 with Allstate and FCA)

On 1/15/17 I finally received a call from FCA. In a very matter a fact way the man on the phone said write down this file # , write down this address, have your insurance company send all subrogation information and the case file to that address and include the vin#, deductible and last known millage. I said OK, will do and he went do hang up so I yelled wait! wait! What did you find out from the investigation? He said that the cause of the fire was undetermined, good by.

So I called the insurance company and told them the info and asked what they found from the investigation, Allstate said that they couldn't determine the cause of the fire BUT they were able to conclude that it
    wan't arson.

The Allstate claim handler also said that she went to her boss and ran the numbers a different way and came up with a new value for my truck so now they are willing to pay me about 53K (50K for truck, 3K for taxes) that's up from the previous offer of 43K (40K for truck, 3K for taxes). I guess if you are a big enough pest and don't settle for a LONG time they will start to work with you. So I'm content with that value for the truck but I'm still not ready to settle, now I'm trying to get some money for my in-laws to cover the property damage. Up until this point Allstate has been telling me that they won't pay for that which is bull shit!!!!! On my ins policy I pay for 100K worth of property damage coverage but they are telling me sine it's "not the fault of the insured" they won't cover it. I haven't been concentrating on this up until now because the truck was a much larger deal but now I'm digging in to this. I asked to get the contact information for the person at Allstate that handles the property damage portion of the claim and then proceeded the call her 4 business days in a row leaving clear voice mails with my claim #, name and phone #. As usual she never called me back so I kept calling and on the 5th day of calling she accidently answered the phone. (Keep in mind that this conversation happened after FCA decided to subrogate, I'm not sure it that matters or not but it may have swayed Allstate's tune on this issue) So the property damage lady told me something completely different then what I was previously told, she said, oh, all you need to do is get a quote for repairing the property damage on official contractor letter head and make sure it has your in-laws name and address on it. So after wasting almost 2 months worth of time we now have to spend more time getting a quote for fixing the property. But at least it's a step in the right direction.

Some one in the thread mentioned the extended warranty. Well as it turns out I had the BEST or most expensive Chrysler warranty they offered and it says very clearly that fire is NOT covered. So for my situation that was another big waste of money...... Along with the 7 or 8 years worth of oil changes I paid for at the time I bought the truck. Hopefully FCA will roll those item over to another truck... Oh, yeah, I had also just renewed my U Connect and serious XM subscriptions, more wasted money......

That's all for now, I'll update you as the saga unfolds....

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    3673 times
    So essentially, from FCA standpoint, you are satisfied.

Auto insurance company policy is important to most all participants and "readers" on this forum. Surely your additions about home property damage has some interest related to this Ecodiesel forum.

Appreciate the conclusion and explanation related to FICS and the Ecodiesel. Let us know what you do for a permanent replacement.
    Use your head or my may have to use your feet.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links