Any way to tell if my new 2016 Eco has the spec oil? - Page 2

Any way to tell if my new 2016 Eco has the spec oil?

This is a discussion on Any way to tell if my new 2016 Eco has the spec oil? within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Originally Posted by Perrysburg Dodgeboy If the truck was bought after the spec was changed it has the new spec'ed oil in it. Any trucks ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Any way to tell if my new 2016 Eco has the spec oil?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie 4X4 Bright Silver with matching Leer cap.
    Liked
    124 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrysburg Dodgeboy View Post
    If the truck was bought after the spec was changed it has the new spec'ed oil in it. Any trucks sitting on the dealers lots where to have the oil changed BEFORE they where sold. As far as the seat belt that should have been caught at the factory at the final QC audit or the dealer during their paid prep and inspection audit. My apologies for this not being caught before the truck reached you!!!
    Assuming you can trust your dealer to follow FCA guidance and directives. Obviously not everybody does, hence the reason for this thread.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    was the dealer REQUIRED to change the oil before delivery? mine was built 4/16 and I took delivery 4 weeks ago, old style cap and 5-30 oil it appears

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2433 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buizilla View Post
    was the dealer REQUIRED to change the oil before delivery? mine was built 4/16 and I took delivery 4 weeks ago, old style cap and 5-30 oil it appears
    Here's the TSB:
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    3678 times
    It really does not matter. Maybe not at all. Thousands were built and operated using the original oil. Mine has 60,000 miles on it and still has the original spec. oil in there. Now when I change it again I will make the change.

Some have gone 100's of thousands of miles on the original spec oil. They did it with a smile. Relax and smile. Change it later.
    MAS likes this.
    Use your head or my may have to use your feet.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2433 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    It really does not matter. Maybe not at all. Thousands were built and operated using the original oil. Mine has 60,000 miles on it and still has the original spec. oil in there. Now when I change it again I will make the change.

Some have gone 100's of thousands of miles on the original spec oil. They did it with a smile. Relax and smile. Change it later.
    I hear ya Cap, but the OP shouldn't have to pay for the oil change if his truck is included in the TSB. I think that's what he's trying to determine. He would also be entitled to the flash update if that's the case.
    Captainmal likes this.

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    419 times
    So don't pay for an additional oil change. Use the oil that's in it because its fine and change it when it needs to be changed, which the consumer would have to pay for anyway. Everyone wants something free.

Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    If you don't trust the dealer to do an oil change, well, find a different dealer (even if it's just so that you sleep better). No biggie, but if you vehicle is included in the switch over TSB you can check to have to changed. If not, the original spec should be just fine until the first oil change. Even though I don't change my oil, I'm glad that they switched to the new spec. Rotella T6 5w40 is good oil.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2433 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MAS View Post
    Everyone wants something free.
    I don't.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Rams to many to list
    Liked
    837 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin98 View Post
    If you don't trust the dealer to do an oil change, well, find a different dealer (even if it's just so that you sleep better). No biggie, but if you vehicle is included in the switch over TSB you can check to have to changed. If not, the original spec should be just fine until the first oil change. Even though I don't change my oil, I'm glad that they switched to the new spec. Rotella T6 5w40 is good oil.
    x2 member(s) at this site are obsessed with mileage and oil , winter fronts,, it been stated quzzion times MS11106 Euro is just not the best oil for diesels, This engine 3.0 Motori DOES NOT HAVE SPECIAL ALLOYS OR INTERNALS, just good oil purchase storefront or retail lube will work in 1 time or occasional use.

The only time oil spec for this engine should be consider is in long term ownership.. T-6 great diesel package reasonably priced and is readily available.....

On edit: And winter fronts
    Last edited by TCDiesel; 01-10-2017 at 09:42 AM.
    Crash68 likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 1500 Laramie CC SWB GDE Eco-diesel 4X4
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by msp548 View Post
    Assuming you can trust your dealer to follow FCA guidance and directives. Obviously not everybody does, hence the reason for this thread.
    Well no one other then a Lab will be able to tell what oil is in the truck! So no you can't tell!
    2015 Ram Laramie Crew Cab, short box, 4X4, GDE Tune, western brown with canyon brown light frost beige W/BENCH SEAT, wheel to wheel bars, front windows tinted 15%, 8.4AN radio and more gadgets than I know what to do with!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links