RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

AD - VISOR Revelation

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  DJL_57 
#1 ·
Education is finding out how dumb you are. Before the moderators trash this and you think about laughing, did you know your visors telescope?

My wife hates a lot of things. One of them is sun in her eyes and coming in on her when she is sitting docile in the passenger seat of the Ecodiesel. Well today she pulled down and swung out the visor on her side and jumped. Lo and behold, the visor telescoped farther out. Shreaking in joy (kind of simple minded), she pulled the darn thing way back and blocked out the offending sun. No more magazines and paper stuffed at the end of the visor. Just pull on it and it telescopes.

Well that revelation got me to trying. Now, if the sun angle is off to the passenger side a bit, I can telescope mine out and drive while looking off the visor to the side while blocking the sun. It's a miracle revelation.

If I took a poll of those that had no clue, like me, I bet there are many. If you had no clue and just learned something right now (besides I am easily amused) - "LIKE" this post. It will be a secret that you were just as clueless as me on the "visor revelation".

See less See more
#3 ·
Well glad you figured that out. I have know about it for a while my wife just found out her Jeep Cherokee does this. She was very happy and thought it was cool. I told her the Ram does the same thing now she was even more excited.

Some times it's just the small things that can make your day a little better.

#5 ·
Had you RTFM, you'd have known that... ;)

Reactions: jmags40
#6 ·
Know there's 5 so far that did not know.

Now if all 6 of us read the manual we still might not know. My retention prowess is measured in seconds.

#7 ·
Add another to your list.....In the middle of a TV show, all snuggled on the couch and I had to go out to the garage......Thanks Momma Bear (Aka Capt's Wife)

Reactions: Captainmal
#8 ·
LMAO, Capt, you crack me up sometimes!!

#10 ·
Some are more aware of things than others.

This is proof that education IS finding out what you didn't know. That's more tactful then ..."how dumb you are".

#13 ·
Your wife advised you about the visor? So she's a visor advisor?

I don't use them often, but why oh why did Ram not include any factory fade strip across the top like every other vehicle I have had experience with? Shopping for window tint now and a dark strip will fix it but jeez, talk about cheap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.