RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Just took delivery today

4K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Muskieman 
#1 ·
Ironically, I just noticed that I already have 130 posts on this forum and I just took delivery today. Going to have to rethink my propensity for babbling :rolleyes:

Today was kinda funny at the dealership. These diesels are so new (and popular) that the dealers don’t have any in stock. I had to beat off 3 couples wanting to buy my truck while I was doing paperwork. Then another funny thing happened. For grins and giggles (as well as pride in ownership) I had purchased an additional “Eco Diesel” badge and put it on the rear of the ARE shell. Before they had a chance to take the shell off our 2014 Ram and transfer it to our new truck, there were another 3 couples fighting over our trade in as they all thought it was a diesel also :eek: (see rear photo)

I thought that I had seen a thread dedicated to a "Photo Gallery" but I just couldn't find it so I just created an additional thread. Hope that's alright.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Vehicle audio

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone for the kind words and encouragement. We're really going to enjoy this truck. Since 2010 we've had the 4.7L V-8, the 3.6L V-6 and now the 3.0L V-6 Turbo diesel and it's really cool how they each have their own sound and feel to them. The EcoD is smooth and quiet but a bit more noticeable when idling. You can really feel the low end torque compared to the V-6 Pentastar.

We bought the truck at Hayes Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Gainesville, GA.

Congrats! I take delivery of mine tomorrow!
I was checking out your build and timeline with mine Ice Auger on the other forum. If you're like me, you'll have a hard time sleeping tonight :rolleyes:

Great truck RAM Fan! Love the shell with the Eco badge.

And keep on babbling... Love your insightful posts.
Thanks for the encouragement Fixer. It must be the Irish in me :rolleyes: I really think that the Eco badge adds a touch of class to the otherwise plain shell.

#10 ·
Forgot to mention something ..... the truck came with 4 free oil changes over a 2 year period. I purchased an additional package that bundled with the truck purchase so that the $635 cost would simply add $6 a month to the monthly loan payment. This $635 is good for 10 oil changes over 5 years ($63.50 per oil change) and starts after the initial 2 year free plan. So I have 14 oil changes over the next 7 years accounted for ;)

#13 ·
HAve you read the details of your oil change plan? I bought a Mopar plan with 8 changes in 5 years for what I thought was a hell of a bargain. WHen I read the paperwork, after I bought it, (shame on me--I am old enough to know better) I found it said that the maximum the plan paid per oil change was $50 and I was responsible for any dealer charges above that. I haven't used it yet so don't know what the dealer will do. The guy that sold it to me previously worked in the service department and said something like 'I don't know why we keep selling these things we only get reimbursed $50 per change and that doesn't cover our cost of the oil and filter.' That leads me to believe that perhaps they honor the oil change program. We'll see in a month or two when I get to 10,000 miles.

I hope yours is good for the cost but would be curious to hear what the words actually say.

ENjoy the new truck, you'll love it!

#14 · (Edited)
No mention of fuel filters in the conversation.

HAve you read the details of your oil change plan? I bought a Mopar plan with 8 changes in 5 years for what I thought was a hell of a bargain. WHen I read the paperwork, after I bought it, (shame on me--I am old enough to know better) I found it said that the maximum the plan paid per oil change was $50 and I was responsible for any dealer charges above that. I haven't used it yet so don't know what the dealer will do. The guy that sold it to me previously worked in the service department and said something like 'I don't know why we keep selling these things we only get reimbursed $50 per change and that doesn't cover our cost of the oil and filter.' That leads me to believe that perhaps they honor the oil change program. We'll see in a month or two when I get to 10,000 miles.

I hope yours is good for the cost but would be curious to hear what the words actually say.

ENjoy the new truck, you'll love it!
I asked the finance officer who sold me the package how they could afford to do the oil change for much less than the actual cost and he told me that Chrysler eats the remainder under their warranty system.

#15 ·
Congratulations on the new Ram!

I believe I ask about that went I get my ecoD. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.