RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

UConnect 8.4 & 8.4AN Update - 17.11.07

174K views 182 replies 85 participants last post by  bill-e 
#1 ·
Did a search and didn't see this posted anywhere. There's a new UConnect software being released and it will now be an over-the-air update. See attached.

MODELS:
2013 - 2016 (D2) RAM 3500 Pickup
2013 - 2016 (DD) RAM 3500 Cab Chassis
2013 - 2016 (DF) RAM 3500 10K Cab Chassis
2013 - 2016 (DJ) RAM 2500 Pickup
2013 - 2016 (DS) RAM 1500 Pickup
2014 - 2016 (KL) Jeep Cherokee
2015 - 2016 (LA) Dodge Challenger
2015 - 2016 (LD) Dodge Charger
2015 - 2016 (LX) Chrysler 300
2015 - 2016 (UF) Chrysler 200
2014 - 2016 (WD) Dodge Durango
2014 - 2016 (WK) Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 - 2016 (ZD) Dodge Viper

The following improvements are included in this update:
· Adds Apple Siri® Eyes Free capability for iPhone® owners.
· Auto Play can now be configured.
· Adds do not disturb text message feature.
· The ability to drag and drop icons into the menu bar.
· Fix for radio locks up/frozen.
· Fix for stuck on black/blank screen.
· Human Machine Interface (HMI) improvements.
· Several navigation improvements.
· Fix for radio loses time.
· Charge Complete notification is not received (RU PHEV only).
· Media devices, Phone pairing and Bluetooth usage improvements.
· Improved tuner performance.
· Enhanced Voice recognition (VR) performance.
· Enhancements in Connectivity Apps (Yelp, Pandora, Aha, etc).

DISCUSSION:
All MY13-16 vehicles sold in the U.S. with the RA3 or RA4 radio can now receive software
updates “over-the-air”. Updates to software level 17.11.07 will occur in a phased roll-out.
The software is updated through the built-in cellular modem in the radio which is
connected to the Sprint® 3G network. Customers will see a notification on their radio
screen when new software is available for their radio (Fig. 1). The owner will have the
option to update the radio or schedule the update for later. There is not an option to
decline the update indefinitely. The update must be performed.

Attachments

See less See more
#144 ·
I finally let the OTA update take place today after about 5 days of receiving update prompts. It took a total of 15 minutes for download and installation. The expected 50 minute installation after download only took about 5 minutes. I noticed no changes, all radio and sirius xm presets were unchanged, also didn't have to re-sync my iPhone and back-up camera screen looks the same.

#145 ·
I installed the OTA update a few days ago, and everything was seamless except now I can't access my USB to get to my music. Guess a call to Uconnect is in my future. have tried several times. Only other thing would be what format the USB drive is in (FAT32 or NTFS)..... Seriously annoying and slightly pissed off. I hate the radio, hence why I have a damn USB drive with music... grrr

most everything seems to be the same. all presets stayed where they were. except the Uconnect Icon is now in the center of the bottom display, instead of all the way to the left where it was. and my backup camera display is different. it no longer has the "press to exit" banner at the top, just a large red "x" in the upper right corner.

#146 ·
Darkvoid, check to make sure you have selected USB after the update mine did the same thing I was ready to take the truck to the dealer then noticed that after the update the radio defaulted to Bluetooth not USB. I hit the USB softkey and it was all good in the hood!

BTW the radio completed the download in the time it took me to go through a car wash and the rest of the update was done with the truck turned off.

Reactions: 97hmcs
#147 ·
Well, mfer... Think all i needed to do was complain about it. Went out this am to try again, radio was on usb and stating "connect usb" so inserted the usb drive, and a few seconds later music was playing.. Wtf lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

#151 ·
no email. truck updated. no issues so far. I was praying they were psychic and added an "off" button for the radio {sigh} still no off button.

#154 ·
As this FOTA update states that it is for the US only, do we have the same option or do we need to upload it ourselves with a USB?

Does anyone know what the procedures are? Thank you in advance.

#155 ·
I did the update about a week ago. I downloaded the update off the Uconnect website and installed it. It takes about 30 mins total. You will have 2 files I believe. There are instructions on the site and it's actually easy to follow. Let me know if you need any help and I'll try my best to assist you.

#158 ·
Thank you Chikeye,

Just sent you a PM. Or perhaps you can post the link that you used.

#160 ·
Reviving a somewhat old thread. My 2017 RA4 has radio version 17.9, and the uconnect website shows 17.11 available. I can download to install manually, but I am curious why it hasn't updated automatically. I'm also curious why it was not updated at the dealer since this came out in September and I purchased in December 2017.

I already have all of the features listed on the first page (as far as I can tell), so I don't know if I should mess with a good thing.

#163 ·
There was not much difference in 17.09 vs 17.11. You can go to the dealer and have them update. Reason it was not done at purchase, can't say. But I suspect its common. Who wants to wait around for dealer to refresh a radio. They want you off their lot as soon as possible.

The OTA update happens on its own. I believe they rolled out the OTA update prompt based on VIN #. You can wait, bring it to dealer or download off the website onto a USB stick and do it in your drive way yourself.

I wouldn't worry about doing the update unless you have problems. Nothing earth shattering was included. Don't worry.....You'll get the update alert on your radio in the most inopportune time LOL.

#164 ·
2016 RAM 2500 with Customtronix RAX hack installed running Jailbreaker-16.33.2936-NA-MY16-For-VP4-NA. Upon my UConnect update prompts, I immediately sent out an email to Magnus & he got right back in touch. He sent me a download link for the updated jailbreak version 17.11 and stated there was no need for rollback or token file and to simply put the new version on thumb drive, Update the Nav, and install the new Jailbreaker 17.11

So with that said, after accepting the UConnect update which only took about 4 minutes on my system, I still had all my original jailbreak features in tact. Even my custom splash screen of a Bighorn Sheep remained at startup. So I lost nothing Customtronix wise with the forced update. Contacted Magnus again and he said to just go all the way anyway with the newer version hack.....

#165 ·
BostonBighorn, so, what you're saying is once you have the Customtronix system, you're safe from any "updates"? I've read that their systems won't work with any firmware versions over 16.51, but any version less than that is okay. but, once the auto updates are preformed to 17.11, you can no longer get the lockpick set up they sell?? I currently have 15.31 firmware on my 2015 limited and want to buy the Customtronix lock pick, if I do it NOW, I'll be alright, but if I wait till the update I'm screwed and can't buy the lockpick??

just don't want to spend the money, then find out I bought a "pet rock"....

#174 ·
Over the "air" or usb???

#179 ·
Just updated mine to 17.43, and guess what, NAV wacky. says needs to be recalibrated, dunno on this issue.,. hmmmm, NE ideas??? PM at your convenience...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.