Ecodiesel EPA Scandal - Page 8

Ecodiesel EPA Scandal

This is a discussion on Ecodiesel EPA Scandal within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; I think this " scandal" will fall into the same dustbin that the Trump colluding with the Russians " scandal" will....

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Ecodiesel EPA Scandal

Member #
    Vehicle
    14. ECD QC Tradesman
    Liked
    798 times
    I think this " scandal" will fall into the same dustbin that the Trump colluding with the Russians " scandal" will.
    howie12, gawoods and jsintx like this.
    14 ECD QC Tradesman 4x4, anti - spin, full tow pkg, Dee-Zee running boards , Jeraco fiberglass topper.

Retired Police / DOT Enforcement Officer . Penndot 3rd Party CDL Driver Examiner.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel
    Liked
    470 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcsap View Post
    I think this " scandal" will fall into the same dustbin that the Trump colluding with the Russians " scandal" will.
    quite probable

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 EcoD Quadcab 4x4
    Liked
    232 times
    I always like how their wording is sooooo mushy.
    FCA expects that the installation of these updated software calibrations will improve the 2014-2016 MY vehicles' emissions performance and does not anticipate any impact on performance or fuel efficiency.
    Mcsap and gawoods like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Patroller8D View Post
    I always like how their wording is sooooo mushy.
    FCA expects that the installation of these updated software calibrations will improve the 2014-2016 MY vehicles' emissions performance and does not anticipate any impact on performance or fuel efficiency.
    No mention of reliability which was one of the original FCA arguments for disabling the emission system.

Fingers crossed this all happens without a hitch as there's a bunch of 2017's looking for owners. Gawd knows FCA will plop some nice cash on the hoods to move them out!
    gawoods likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 RAM Bighorn Ecodiesel, CC, 4X4, 20" wheels
    Liked
    117 times
    Don't give a chit about emissions, the "Scandal", EPA, hopefully Trump will castrate it or CARB. They can have my ED when they pry it out of my cold dead fingers.

Member #
    Vehicle
    4X4 2015 ED Outdoorsman CC ordered 8/12/14. Plan B 2014 Laramie ED CC 4X4 purchased 11/1/14.
    Liked
    2374 times
    You guys gotta leave politics out of it...left or right or middle of the road...thanks.
    97hmcs and el_conquistador like this.

Member #
    Liked
    345 times
    FCA has "submitted" for certification for 2017 models. This is not a done deal yet in my opinion. As the court cases still have to deal with the Notice of Violation that occoured. The only way this could happen a recertification attempt is, they removed their secret software that was there to keep the dirty engine running cleaner by means of turning it off at highway speeds, ambient temp, and hill grade pulls. If anyone thinks keeping the egr on all the time, which would be considered more now, that it will fix the emission nightmares owners already struggle with currently should be concerned.i

More EGR use, means more DEF use, which means more commanding of DPF heat cycles to keep up with the house cleaning needs. More DPF use means more fuel period!

3 answers needed here

1: Full disclosure of engine failures
    2: Certification process will not take into count more fuel usage now to start a regen as the test does not exceed a regen cycle that will be command more often.
    4: Extended warranties for current owners, because they will need new SCR, DPF, and injectors sooner!

There will be a cost from adding more soot into this little diesel......keep the poll up to date....even better maybe a new poll!

Thxs
    Ursle and gawoods like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel
    Liked
    470 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Icanfixit View Post
    FCA has "submitted" for certification for 2017 models. This is not a done deal yet in my opinion. As the court cases still have to deal with the Notice of Violation that occoured. The only way this could happen a recertification attempt is, they removed their secret software that was there to keep the dirty engine running cleaner by means of turning it off at highway speeds, ambient temp, and hill grade pulls. If anyone thinks keeping the egr on all the time, which would be considered more now, that it will fix the emission nightmares owners already struggle with currently should be concerned.i

More EGR use, means more DEF use, which means more commanding of DPF heat cycles to keep up with the house cleaning needs. More DPF use means more fuel period!

3 answers needed here

1: Full disclosure of engine failures
    2: Certification process will not take into count more fuel usage now to start a regen as the test does not exceed a regen cycle that will be command more often.
    4: Extended warranties for current owners, because they will need new SCR, DPF, and injectors sooner!

There will be a cost from adding more soot into this little diesel......keep the poll up to date....even better maybe a new poll!

Thxs
    here we go again.

First you have no idea what or how their tune updates are going to work or what they have changed. we will have to here from a source that actually has factual information rather than someone who regularly spouts speculation and nonsense.

Second,

More EGR means LESS DEF necessary because of cooler EGTs. You use more EGR, your combustion temps drop and NOx goes down. I still think you struggle with how this whole thing works. I suggest you pick up a copy of "Troupbleshooting and Repairing Diesel ENgines" by Paul Dempsey and read it. it gives a good overview of how this works.

Third, you won't get any disclosure on failures. Stop dreaming and ranting. its pointless and exhausting to keep reading it.

Fourth, you MAY be right about more regen cycles. Time will tell. Have to see what FCA is doing.

Fifth, not sure where you are getting this SCR/DEF injector nonsense (BTW, its DEF, not DPF injector - learn your components)? do you have any ideas as to the dosing changes? No, you don't. Do you know know anything about the Rated Heat cycles for the SCR? Nope, you don't. Do you know how much higher, if at all, they are pushing the duty cycle of the DEF injector? No.. you don't.

so calm down and stop making things up because you are angry at FCA.
    97hmcs, Mike-NC, malibubts and 3 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times

Member #
    Liked
    345 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggn85 View Post
    here we go again.

First you have no idea what or how their tune updates are going to work or what they have changed. we will have to here from a source that actually has factual information rather than someone who regularly spouts speculation and nonsense.

Second,

More EGR means LESS DEF necessary because of cooler EGTs. You use more EGR, your combustion temps drop and NOx goes down. I still think you struggle with how this whole thing works. I suggest you pick up a copy of "Troupbleshooting and Repairing Diesel ENgines" by Paul Dempsey and read it. it gives a good overview of how this works.

Third, you won't get any disclosure on failures. Stop dreaming and ranting. its pointless and exhausting to keep reading it.

Fourth, you MAY be right about more regen cycles. Time will tell. Have to see what FCA is doing.

Fifth, not sure where you are getting this SCR/DEF injector nonsense (BTW, its DEF, not DPF injector - learn your components)? do you have any ideas as to the dosing changes? No, you don't. Do you know know anything about the Rated Heat cycles for the SCR? Nope, you don't. Do you know how much higher, if at all, they are pushing the duty cycle of the DEF injector? No.. you don't.

so calm down and stop making things up because you are angry at FCA.
    I am calm, in fact all diesel engines that has to deal with an EGR system has trouble dealing with soot, then coking! It is this reason they the manufactures want to install a cleaning cycle where the EGR system is turned off at highway speeds! This is what gets them in trouble to begin with. I understand very well how each component works....! It is you that always starts the yelling and stamping of feet or you are an ignorant person. Just to be clear Ignorance is a form of not knowing better. So grow up and treat people with respect. I have asked of you many times not to be rude to people in your reply posts. If you don't agree with what I post or anyone else's post, you have choices.

Dispute it with respect, and make your point politely.
    You can also choose to ignore my post.

Mods....forums are for sharing info, trouble shooting problems, acquiring knowledge, and yes disputing theories, not being rude to others.

Thxs
    msp548 and gawoods like this.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links