Ecodiesel EPA Scandal

Ecodiesel EPA Scandal

This is a discussion on Ecodiesel EPA Scandal within the RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Haven't seen anything in the news lately on this. Anyone know whats happening?...

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Ecodiesel EPA Scandal

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Ecodiesel EPA Scandal

Haven't seen anything in the news lately on this. Anyone know whats happening?
    gawoods likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Ram Ecodiesel Bighorn Crewcab 4x4
    Liked
    25 times
    Here is the most recent info/statement I can find dated 4/26/17

found here:

http://europe.autonews.com/article/2...maserati-surge

Regulatory issues

During a conference call with analysts, Marchionne discussed efforts to resolve the company’s ongoing issues in the U.S. and Europe over diesel emissions, which has limited availability of some models.

In terms of its North American Ecodiesel pickups and Jeep Grand Cherokees, Marchionne predicted that FCA could get an answer on certification for 2017 models from regulators “within a few weeks.”

Production of those vehicles has been suspended while regulators investigated their emissions in the wake of the Volkswagen diesel scandal. In January, the Environmental Protection Agency alleged that FCA had failed to disclose software that allowed its EcoDiesel engines to exceed pollution limits.

“I think we continue to work with both [the California Air Resource Board] and with EPA to effectively get the 2017 certifications out of the way,” Marchionne said. “We’ve found a very collaborative attitude on the part of regulators. I’m hopeful in the next few weeks to resolve the issues.”

In Europe, however, where issues of diesel certifications have pitted nation against nation within the European Union, Marchionne said “I think we’ve done all we can.” He said he hoped the interagency fighting would abate so that automakers can work to meet new emissions standards. “I really invite everybody across all the national bodies to let this thing go and let all of us comply with these new regulations.”

Ram and Wrangler production

In terms of product plans, Marchionne said the automaker is currently studying how long it will continue to build the current versions of the Ram 1500 pickup and Jeep Wrangler after the two profit-rich vehicles are redesigned and put in new plants over the next nine months.

The Ram 1500, Marchionne said, “is a very complicated product” in terms of its trim and configuration offerings, meaning “it will take us a good 12 to 18 months to roll out the full line” after the redesigned half-ton pickup goes into production in January. The CEO predicted that FCA’s Warren Truck Assembly near Detroit will continue to make current versions of the Ram 1500 perhaps throughout 2018 to meet demand while the redesigned pickup ramps up production.

On Wrangler, however, Marchionne said some overlap would occur, but it would end in the first half of 2018, after which, FCA will convert the current Wrangler line over to produce a new Wrangler-based pickup.

Marchionne also said the Chrysler Portal concept, which was revealed earlier this year at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, could make it to production with the help of suppliers. The battery-electric minivan concept was envisioned as an autonomous vehicle. But he said FCA, and others, still need room to explore what the future holds for both autonomous vehicles and electrification.

“We need to play, and the more that we can play, the better that we’ll feel at the end of the day,” Marchionne said.

2016 BIGHORN SLT Crew Cab 4x4:
    Maximum Steel Metallic, Bucket Seats , Big Horn 28S , 3.92 Anti-Spin rear diff , Brake Control , Spray-In Bedliner ,Carhartt Seat Covers , WeatherTech mats, Tonneau cover , WeatherTech rain visors, Tint ,
    Bed Mat, Luverne Running boards , 8HP70 Transmission,Tow Hooks , Skids , 4" RC Suspension lift , HD rear coil springs, 1 1/2" Poly spacers , Bwoody adjustable track bar , Nitto 35x11.5r20 Terra Grappler tires.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    3808 times
    STOP!

The title, using "SCANDLE", reads like fake news.

Unlike the Volkswagen thing, which involved designed cheating, there's no evidence anything with this EPA hold on the Ecodiesel involves cheating. Unless there's something that comes up it is irresponsible to call this a "scandal" . That usage is shameful just like the attitude we see on most national news regarding events today.

Best I got out of the article was Europe is Europe and there's little FCA can do there. In the U.S. it seems there's a hint that this might be resolved.

That's it. There's not much more I read into the article. Certainly nothing to substantiate a "scandal".

Fake news right here on this forum and no reasonable way to get rid of it. That's how it works.
    Mcsap, namretsud, Diesel78 and 6 others like this.
    Use your head or my may have to use your feet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    493 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    STOP!

The title, using "SCANDLE", reads like fake news.

Unlike the Volkswagen thing, which involved designed cheating, there's no evidence anything with this EPA hold on the Ecodiesel involves cheating. Unless there's something that comes up it is irresponsible to call this a "scandal" . That usage is shameful just like the attitude we see on most national news regarding events today.

Best I got out of the article was Europe is Europe and there's little FCA can do there. In the U.S. it seems there's a hint that this might be resolved.

That's it. There's not much more I read into the article. Certainly nothing to substantiate a "scandal".

Fake news right here on this forum and no reasonable way to get rid of it. That's how it works.
    Well nobody will give us any info to go off of so all we can do is speculate. But there was a news article posted a while back that said Bosch admitted to working on software for ram intended to defeat emissions or am I making that up? I'm almost certain I read that somewhere. Ram F'd up if you cant admit that its time to put your head back in the sand.
    do2 likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    14. ECD QC Tradesman
    Liked
    798 times
    Nothin wrong with speculating but let's not act like a jury until all of the facts are in.
    howie12, Henfield and jsintx like this.
    14 ECD QC Tradesman 4x4, anti - spin, full tow pkg, Dee-Zee running boards , Jeraco fiberglass topper.

Retired Police / DOT Enforcement Officer . Penndot 3rd Party CDL Driver Examiner.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Sorry for my choice of words, but they cam out with this in January and that's what it sounded like to me. They have been pretty quiet about it ever since. Being a Ram Ecodiesel owner myself, I'm concerned. Don't understand why you're so sensitive.
    do2 and uncle_paul_hargis like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC Bighorn EcoDiesel 2WD
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MAS View Post
    Well nobody will give us any info to go off of so all we can do is speculate. But there was a news article posted a while back that said Bosch admitted to working on software for ram intended to defeat emissions or am I making that up? I'm almost certain I read that somewhere. Ram F'd up if you cant admit that its time to put your head back in the sand.
    Every car on the road - regardless of who wrote the code - has AECD programed into it. FCA is accused of not properly disclosing theirs, hardly a scandal.
    jsintx likes this.
    2015 Bighorn CC 2WD short bed
    AMP power steps, Extang Encore bed cover, Timbergrove airbags

Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Is not properly disclosing the same as lying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC Bighorn EcoDiesel 2WD
    Liked
    51 times
    Nope - lying is telling an untruth - failure to disclose is keeping your mouth shut.

FCA says they checked all the right boxes and their AECD are permitted by the regulations, EPA is saying we don't think so. Again, hardly a scandal.
    Mcsap, MR. TED, jsintx and 2 others like this.
    2015 Bighorn CC 2WD short bed
    AMP power steps, Extang Encore bed cover, Timbergrove airbags

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    493 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Every car on the road - regardless of who wrote the code - has AECD programed into it. FCA is accused of not properly disclosing theirs, hardly a scandal.
    Did I say Scandal? No. I do believe ram intentionally did something off color if not against the law, if they hadn't they wouldn't be in the boat they are. So I think you could call it a scandal if your were so inclined but it wasn't my choice of words.
    do2 likes this.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links