RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

LED bulbs (projector headlights)

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ecupip 
#1 ·
Hey, new to this forum so I'm not sure of there is already an answer to this or not but I'm trying to find Led bulbs to fit my hi's, low's and fogs.
I have a 2016 Limited Ecodiesel with projectors. Now I'm sure the fogs aren't an issue but I was just told the bulbs for the hi's and low's won't fit in the new housings. I can't recall the make, they were just at a local dealer in town but they were 6k with a fan on the back. They had 4ks that they figured would fit but I don't want to go any lower than 6k. Also HIDs are basically out of the question, I've had nothing but issues in the past on 3 different sets.
Is anyone running leds that they would recommend?
Thanks.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum!

Typically it seems people run HID for the low beam and LED for the high - to get the best output for your buck. However... I am in the same boat as you and had horrible luck with HID kits in the past, so would prefer an LED low as well. So far, every place I have contacted has dropped the LED low beam for our truck since it doesn't produce much output.

#3 ·
Check out the bulbs available at CFT Performance as the owner drives an Eco with projectors, he knows what fits and what doesn't. He sells high quality LED and HID bulbs. I'm running his HID kit in my fogs and Lows (projector) in my '16 Laramie. He has 6k in LED and HID.

Also check out the lighting sub-forum, lots and lots of info over there.

#4 ·
Xeondepot has LED's headlights for our trucks. I was looking at them last week. They seem to get good reviews. Less complicated (less modules wires) than the HID kits, but I worry about the braided heatsinks. Videos show cramping them into the headlight housing....not really sure how they expect all that heat to dissipate when enclosed like that. I drive A LOT and run lights for hours at a time. I worry either setup would have issues down the road. So for now I am keeping my stock setup.

9012 LED Headlight Kit | 9012 LED Foglight Upgrade

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.