Show your rig towing... - Page 2

Show your rig towing...

This is a discussion on Show your rig towing... within the RAM 1500 Diesel Towing & Hauling forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Although it's not actually hitched in this photo, this is what I tow in the summer, along with a 24 foot boat I've owned since ...

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree1001Likes

Thread: Show your rig towing...

Member #
    Vehicle
    14 Ram 1500 QC 4x4 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    210 times
    Although it's not actually hitched in this photo, this is what I tow in the summer, along with a 24 foot boat I've owned since 1984. In the fall it tows a 6X12 enclosed trailer with a Harley and all our snowbirding needs to Florida. I don't have pictures of either the boat or bike trailer - Show your rig towing...-ed-tt-first-trip-2.jpg
    Sasquatchilly and Hiendurance like this.
    Ordered 5/19/14; Delivered 7/10/14 (44 days) Laramie QC 4X4, bright white, buckets, 3.92,
    20" wheels trailer brake controller, convenience group, keyless entry, front and rear park-sense,
    remote start, CD player, chrome side moldings, anti-spin diff, Mopar soft toneau and dealer
    installed W/W side steps. Weathertech mud flaps and window visors; Timber Grove Enterprises air bags;
    Fuel cap from RSD.

Member #
    Liked
    469 times
    Show your rig towing...-wp_20141115_05_12_57_pro.jpg

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 RAM 1500 Lone Star EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1413 times

1972 Airstream named Abby.

Show your rig towing...-image.jpg
    Always learning.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    14 EcoD Laramie CC 4x4
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RB33 View Post
    Do you use a equalizer hitch when towing that tractor. ?
    Nope! I had about 1500 miles on the truck before towing anything.Then for the First few trips I took it easy on the speed,especially when on the highway since the owners manual states this for the first 500 miles of towing anyway.After the towing break in,I carefully increased the speed and even at 70mph,it never gave any instance of concern up hill,down hill with brakes on or on corners.Typically I keep my speed between 62-65mph just because I know what I'm towing for weight deserves caution.Unlike a TT, I can put more or less weight on the truck depending on where I place the tractor.I've tried moving it front or back some by 18" but really can't feel a negative effect.As I mentioned,the air ride works great and I believe this is the reason for the trailer control.Once the load is sensed and I'm underway,the rear of the truck will actually raise about 1-2" higher then the front,even with this load.
    On my first trip out,I followed a friend who was pulling 2 smaller tractors on a trailer.The total weight he was pulling was about the same as mine.His truck was a 2006 F-250 6.0 diesel 4x4 CC.Had it not been for my caution of speed while I was breaking in the truck,I could have passed him on any of the mountains we went over as he slowed to 50 on many anyways.I think the Rams 8sd trans plays a big role in it's power as the engine is always near peak torque.
    Anyways,on the way back his Ford calved at the top of the steepest 1-1/2 mile mountains.Long story short,I came back after dropping off my tractor,loaded his truck on my trailer while another friend hitched up to his trailer with a F-350 and away we went.My friend couldn't believe how easy I pulled his truck home,AC on,cruise set with no effort.
    The next day,his dad hitched on to the same trailer to take the dead Ford to a garage with his 2012 Hemi Express.It has coils of course and it really sagged his truck.I offered to re-hitch to the trailer for him but he wouldn't concede that my truck would handle the load better.I followed him up the highway and when he headed down the first hill @ 60,it got scarey real quick as the trailer started swaying.He had the since to slow to 50 from there on but still wouldn't let me take the trailer for him.That's how much difference the air ride and a few hundred more lbs of tow truck made.If my truck acted like his towing the load,I wouldn't go 20 miles,let alone 2000.
    Sasquatchilly and jdn112011 like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Bighorn 4x4 6'4" CC
    Liked
    42 times
    Show your rig towing...-20140608_105001.jpg

Great for towing my fishing boat.
    Sasquatchilly likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Laramie Ecodiesel
    Liked
    78 times
    Towing the mudboat
    Show your rig towing...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1418175563.276875.jpg
    Sasquatchilly and sabmgb like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel
    Liked
    155 times

Show your rig towing...

Show your rig towing...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1418175769.018684.jpgShow your rig towing...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1418175803.944382.jpg

Standard susp.

WD Hitch with Sway Control
    14.5 US MPS towing Show your rig towing...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1418233853.128824.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nemesis; 12-10-2014 at 10:51 AM.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    3808 times

Only thing I know is it's probably a bit heavy for this rig. Tow it without an issue. Did not use bars for this trailer.

This toy hauler is like nothing behind. I do use equalizer bars on this one.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Laramie EcoDiesel CC Maximum Steel Metallic
    Liked
    787 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TMorgan View Post
    Nope! I had about 1500 miles on the truck before towing anything.Then for the First few trips I took it easy on the speed,especially when on the highway since the owners manual states this for the first 500 miles of towing anyway.After the towing break in,I carefully increased the speed and even at 70mph,it never gave any instance of concern up hill,down hill with brakes on or on corners.Typically I keep my speed between 62-65mph just because I know what I'm towing for weight deserves caution.Unlike a TT, I can put more or less weight on the truck depending on where I place the tractor.I've tried moving it front or back some by 18" but really can't feel a negative effect.As I mentioned,the air ride works great and I believe this is the reason for the trailer control.Once the load is sensed and I'm underway,the rear of the truck will actually raise about 1-2" higher then the front,even with this load.
    On my first trip out,I followed a friend who was pulling 2 smaller tractors on a trailer.The total weight he was pulling was about the same as mine.His truck was a 2006 F-250 6.0 diesel 4x4 CC.Had it not been for my caution of speed while I was breaking in the truck,I could have passed him on any of the mountains we went over as he slowed to 50 on many anyways.I think the Rams 8sd trans plays a big role in it's power as the engine is always near peak torque.
    Anyways,on the way back his Ford calved at the top of the steepest 1-1/2 mile mountains.Long story short,I came back after dropping off my tractor,loaded his truck on my trailer while another friend hitched up to his trailer with a F-350 and away we went.My friend couldn't believe how easy I pulled his truck home,AC on,cruise set with no effort.
    The next day,his dad hitched on to the same trailer to take the dead Ford to a garage with his 2012 Hemi Express.It has coils of course and it really sagged his truck.I offered to re-hitch to the trailer for him but he wouldn't concede that my truck would handle the load better.I followed him up the highway and when he headed down the first hill @ 60,it got scarey real quick as the trailer started swaying.He had the since to slow to 50 from there on but still wouldn't let me take the trailer for him.That's how much difference the air ride and a few hundred more lbs of tow truck made.If my truck acted like his towing the load,I wouldn't go 20 miles,let alone 2000.

You didn't happen to take a picture your 3D towing the dead Ford heavy duty did you?
    Sasquatchilly and jdn112011 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I have been pulling my boat behind my trailer for about 10 years now. Until this year, it was always with a 2500.

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links