Stealth Module - Page 11

Stealth Module

This is a discussion on Stealth Module within the RAM 1500 Diesel Tuning forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; Originally Posted by 97hmcs Yes they are a start up company, August of 2016 I think. The company, Stealth, is new but the man who ...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Stealth Module

Member #
    Vehicle
    16' Laramie Eco Diesel
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 97hmcs View Post
    Yes they are a start up company, August of 2016 I think.
    The company, Stealth, is new but the man who designed the product has been around for a LONG time. He has multiple diesel records from back in his glory days, got out of it because he got cancer, and has now jumped back in the industry for certain folks who requested products from him.
    '16 Laramie Eco, 4x4, 3:55 Bone stock minus the bed liner

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 4x4 Laramie longbox crewcab
    Liked
    434 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Helipilot2 View Post
    Glad to see you have an open mind sir. You also have to remember all the factors that come into play when running dyno tests. Temps, altitudes, fuel, ect. Also, the OEM chart that was linked by Dave is a dyno run straight from the crank, going to show way different results compared to results at the wheels. Drive train does wonders for that sort of stuff.
    No it doesn't on the bold.

When I put long-tube headers, intake, and high-flow cats/x-pipe on my old C5 vette, the pre-mod dyno run looked just like the dyno sheet provided by GM for an LS1, with slightly smoother profile and about 13% less power/torque. After mods, I had more peak torque, more area under the curve (peak torque moved a few hundred RPM, and had a broader torque curve resulting is a lot more midrange power (that's what mods should do for you). Moral of the story, I've seen dyno runs, I've had my personal vehicles dyno'd (both C5 Z19 and C5 Z06), and in both instances the stock curves looked just like published crank curves, with smaller numbers. No huge shifts of 1600RPM for peak torque...

If the folks running the dyno know what they're doing, the vehicle is locked at 1:1 gear ratio (that'd be 6th gear on our trucks, with converter locked) and run through the power band at WOT.

Same shape, lower numbers, is what wheels vs crank will show. It won't magically change the peak torque of the engine from 2000 to 3500 RPM. Which is exactly what I've been saying since you posted that dyno sheet.

Look around at people's dyno sheets for ecodiesels; you know, from reputable shops. The stock runs all pretty much look like the VM Motori graph, just with lower numbers.
    Take your pick: PPEI, GDE, AFE, among others. They've all got graphs showing the stock run looks NOTHING like what Stealth is trying to claim came from an ecodiesel.
    Anomaly likes this.
    2014 4x4 Laramie Crewcab, Longbox, 3.55, every option except RamBoxes and parking sensors.
    1A Auto power folding tow mirrors, Mopar wheel to wheel bars, Access Lorado tonneau cover
    Weathertech floormats & mudflaps, TrailFX hood protector, Edge Insight CTS, GDE Hot Tune

Member #
    Vehicle
    16' Laramie Eco Diesel
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    Yes, we know, you mention it in most tune threads.
    Attachment 35810

Up to this point I believe legitimate tune companies have advertised their tunes in peak power increases. That being said, I think it's very misleading to call this sensor trickery box a 60hp tune if it's only claim is to move the powerband around without increasing peak power.

I'll believe their EGR delete claim when it comes to market.
    EGR delete should be done in a few months if not sooner, I'll be sure to post and tag you in it since you don't believe anything. It's not like there isn't EGR deletes without a tune out there already, oh wait, there IS. Maybe google it, Mercedes already has it for their diesel motors which is very similar to the Eco and that is what they are prototyping it off of.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel
    Liked
    248 times
    I will take care to monitor my truck when running this device for the first few weeks. But the man who designed this has been around a long time and has multiple diesel records, not overly concerned about a bad product. They DO NOT increase fuel flow, this has been stated time and time again, they are not fooling anything, it is changing pulse width (shortening) and the rate at which they fire. By shortening pulse widths, it is slightly increasing pressure at the nozzle (never past stock parameters) which in turn atomizes the fuel better creating a cleaner burn and better power. You are correct, most fuel boxes are taking and dumping tons of fool which causes those higher EGTs, more power, and tons of soot. This does NOT do that, that is why it is so unique compared to other fuel boxes. I seriously don't know how to say this any other way, it does NOT add more fuel, no ifs ands or buts.
    When you get the unit... can you scan and post the install instructions? If they are the same as what was posted earlier, not sure how they can manipulate the injector pulse via the fuel pressure sensor.... thats just not possible.

so we are either missing something, or this guy is yankin your chain.

Member #
    Vehicle
    16' Laramie Eco Diesel
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rdcox23 View Post
    I'm going to follow this thread, just to see how it plays out.

Would love to hear from the folks who have installed this on how it affects their fuel mileage and "seat of the pants" test on the lower end.

It sounds like a great idea, but is almost too good to be true.
    Will be happy to let you know sir! There are 3 of us that are going to be testing, and reporting back with results. The other 2 are not on this forum, they are on a Ecodiesel Performance page on facebook. I will be sure to gather their results and post them along side mine once we all have data and feed back!

Member #
    Vehicle
    Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, GMC Duramax, Ford 7.3 diesel
    Liked
    2437 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorny View Post
    No it doesn't on the bold.

If the folks running the dyno know what they're doing, the vehicle is locked at 1:1 gear ratio (that'd be 6th gear on our trucks, with converter locked) and run through the power band at WOT.

Same shape, lower numbers, is what wheels vs crank will show. It won't magically change the peak torque of the engine from 2000 to 3500 RPM. Which is exactly what I've been saying since you posted that dyno sheet.

Look around at people's dyno sheets for ecodiesels; you know, from reputable shops. The stock runs all pretty much look like the VM Motori graph, just with lower numbers.
    Take your pick: PPEI, GDE, AFE, among others. They've all got graphs showing the stock run looks NOTHING like what Stealth is trying to claim came from an ecodiesel.
    I will second that and here is an example...http://www.greendieselengineering.co...sGDEHot_v2.png
    Gene

2014 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel
    2001 GMC 2500HD Duramax diesel
    1992 Ford E350 Navistar diesel

"Science prevails over bullshit and superstition"
    -Me

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel
    Liked
    248 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Anomaly View Post
    I will second that and here is an example...http://www.greendieselengineering.co...sGDEHot_v2.png
    As far as i know - power and torque curves are particular to an engine given the following:

1) Intake plenum design
    2) Camshaft
    3) Exhaust system
    4) Crankshaft offset (throw)
    5) turbo - if equipped

You can raise or lower the power for the most part across the board, but at relatively the same rate. I don't think you can make appreciable changes to the locations of peak torque/hp rpm locations. A lot of this is due to harmonics and flow characteristics of the air pump (engine).

Given that the only thing this thing does is read fuel pressure, and feed the ECU a different fuel pressure signal, it can't change the above.
    Anomaly, Kazimodo and Sorny like this.

Member #
    I didn't really feel like reading through 11 pages so maybe this question has already been answered. What if you ran this stealth module with the GDE tune already installed? Would you get the clean power with the GDE has along with the extra power of the stealth module offers?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfaretta View Post
    I didn't really feel like reading through 11 pages so maybe this question has already been answered. What if you ran this stealth module with the GDE tune already installed? Would you get the clean power with the GDE has along with the extra power of the stealth module offers?
    Cant stack them
    And what would happen if you did?

Member #
    Vehicle
    16' Laramie Eco Diesel
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfaretta View Post
    And what would happen if you did?
    Ok so I talked with the developer for a bit to give you an accurate response. He said stacking them together will only increase your low to mid range trq/hp and do nothing more for your top end. The problem is they are kind of counteracting each other, Stealth shortens pulse widths where as GDE/PPEI are lengthening pulse widths to dump in more fuel. Stealth is going to have a product that stacks with their current device that will boost peak hp/trq, it is already done but they won't sell it until this emissions BS gets handled. Their stackable device will give you way more peak power than GDE or PPEI. Not going to give you exact numbers for now but it's going to be sweet!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Sponsored Links