Stealth Module

Stealth Module

This is a discussion on Stealth Module within the RAM 1500 Diesel Tuning forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; Does anyone know about this company or used this module? It looks like a new company, but the price is pretty reasonable if it does ...

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: Stealth Module

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn 4x4 CC ED
    Liked
    13 times

Stealth Module

Does anyone know about this company or used this module? It looks like a new company, but the price is pretty reasonable if it does what it says it does. I know the GDE tune is considered (by some) to be the best, but I never wanted to spring for it.

https://www.stealthmodules.com/

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel
    Liked
    376 times
    Quote Originally Posted by db220 View Post
    Does anyone know about this company or used this module? It looks like a new company, but the price is pretty reasonable if it does what it says it does. I know the GDE tune is considered (by some) to be the best, but I never wanted to spring for it.

https://www.stealthmodules.com/
    You get what you pay for.

Pressure/Fuel boxes are ok. You get a lot more with the GDE tune. You get better regen management, Better SCR/DEF management and a disabled EGR - this will keep your engine clean and your oil lasting longer. I have 3000+ mi on my oil currently and it looks like its near new. My Gas engines don't keep oil that clean.

If you want the 60hp increase, i am sure GDE will oblige. Just not wise.

Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    Interesting.... It's $400 though. If I was in the market for one, I spend a little more and get the GDE I think.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel
    Liked
    376 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ehart814 View Post
    Interesting.... It's $400 though. If I was in the market for one, I spend a little more and get the GDE I think.
    I think the answer to this is what is your end game...

If you are going to own the truck long term, pressure box bad idea.

If you are going to short term it and just want to scream it then dump it? Sure... rock on.

Member #
    Vehicle
    16' Laramie Eco Diesel
    Liked
    65 times
    Dont' let the nay sayers discourage you about this. I have done a lot of talking with this company about their product and after many hours and messages they are sending me one of their devices to test out. Unlike most tuners they are not adding more fuel to gain you more power which in turn is still sooting up your system, if your EGR is turned off then no soot problems BUT you still have extra fuel making its way down into your exhaust by your turbo which is detonating causing that increase in the EGTs you see. Last time I checked increased EGTs and secondary detonations result in ruined turbos and cracked exhausts. Their tune comes in 30/60/90hp setups, they are NOT increasing your over all HP or TRQ. They are adjusting the length of your pulses and timing between them to get a better burn, this 1: keeps extra fuel from redetonating in your exhaust and 2: decreases soot level which in turn reduces clogging of your EGR 3: you get to maintain warranty because there is no footprint. They take and bring your current power curve way down and extend it so you can get the HP and TRQ on a lot sooner. Without looking at their dyno charts again, off the top of my head there was like an 85ish hp and 125ish trq gain early on in your power curve which is awesome. They are also working on a EGR delete and DPF delete for those who want it down the road.
    Davef, Ursle and Sasquatchilly like this.
    '16 Laramie Eco, 4x4, 3:55, Stealth Module, Stage 3 injectors and pump by Dr.Performance

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 4x4 Laramie longbox crewcab
    Liked
    484 times
    It takes fuel and oxygen to make power. If they're making more power, they're burning more fuel to do it.

Pressure & timing boxes ain't nothing new, son. They can talk it up all they want, but there's a bunch of boxes on the market doing the same thing.

Pony up a bit more cash, and get a superior solution; a tune.

Furthermore, I'd LOVE to know how they're getting 100HP out of a system with the turbo bottlenecking things at around 300 crank HP.

Guess I'm saying they need to put up some dyno numbers, and EGTs. You aren't getting 100HP without EGTs going through the roof on this little 3.0L diesel. Physics is a bitch like that.
    Last edited by Sorny; 12-27-2016 at 05:15 PM.
    2014 4x4 Laramie Crewcab, Longbox, 3.55, every option except RamBoxes and parking sensors.
    1A Auto power folding tow mirrors, Mopar wheel to wheel bars, Access Lorado tonneau cover
    Weathertech floormats & mudflaps, TrailFX hood protector, Edge Insight CTS, GDE Hot Tune

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel Outdoorsman w/air suspension
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Helipilot2 View Post
    Dont' let the nay sayers discourage you about this. I have done a lot of talking with this company about their product and after many hours and messages they are sending me one of their devices to test out. Unlike most tuners they are not adding more fuel to gain you more power which in turn is still sooting up your system, if your EGR is turned off then no soot problems BUT you still have extra fuel making its way down into your exhaust by your turbo which is detonating causing that increase in the EGTs you see. Last time I checked increased EGTs and secondary detonations result in ruined turbos and cracked exhausts. Their tune comes in 30/60/90hp setups, they are NOT increasing your over all HP or TRQ. They are adjusting the length of your pulses and timing between them to get a better burn, this 1: keeps extra fuel from redetonating in your exhaust and 2: decreases soot level which in turn reduces clogging of your EGR 3: you get to maintain warranty because there is no footprint. They take and bring your current power curve way down and extend it so you can get the HP and TRQ on a lot sooner. Without looking at their dyno charts again, off the top of my head there was like an 85ish hp and 125ish trq gain early on in your power curve which is awesome. They are also working on a EGR delete and DPF delete for those who want it down the road.

With those claimed numbers, I find very hard to believe they are not increasing fuel delivery. I could be wrong, but common sense to me says that if the injector pulses are lengthened, then more fuel is being introduced. Please explain this thinking in more detail.

Thanks
    Sasquatchilly likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    16' Laramie Eco Diesel
    Liked
    65 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorny View Post
    It takes fuel and oxygen to make power. If they're making more power, they're burning more fuel to do it.

Pressure & timing boxes ain't nothing new, son. They can talk it up all they want, but there's a bunch of boxes on the market doing the same thing.

Pony up a bit more cash, and get a superior solution; a tune.

Furthermore, I'd LOVE to know how they're getting 100HP out of a system with the turbo bottlenecking things at around 300 crank HP.

Guess I'm saying they need to put up some dyno numbers, and EGTs. You aren't getting 100HP without EGTs going through the roof on this little 3.0L diesel. Physics is a bitch like that.
    Clearly you are incapable of reading my previous message, before responding go back and read. They aren't increasing your over all HP therefore the turbo can't be bottle necked. Also, if you took the time to research something before trying to talk down on it you would know they have both dyno sheets on their website and youtube videos of them dynoing it and showing numbers.

"It takes fuel and oxygen to make power. If they're making more power, they're burning more fuel to do it."

This question was also answered in my previous post, they are not adding power, just changing the power curve and bring the power on sooner. Same amount as stock, just a lot longer power band, therefore you don't need to use more fuel than is already being used to produce max hp in stock form. Crazy concept huh, son.

There 100hp claim isn't quite right which I said in my previous post, I know reading is hard. I have already discussed this with them and let them know it needs to change. At 49mph is their biggest gains and they are as follows: +160ft lbs trq and +90hp.
    BrianS and Sasquatchilly like this.
    '16 Laramie Eco, 4x4, 3:55, Stealth Module, Stage 3 injectors and pump by Dr.Performance

Member #
    Vehicle
    16' Laramie Eco Diesel
    Liked
    65 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nchockeyfan View Post
    With those claimed numbers, I find very hard to believe they are not increasing fuel delivery. I could be wrong, but common sense to me says that if the injector pulses are lengthened, then more fuel is being introduced. Please explain this thinking in more detail.

Thanks
    Chockey here is a direct quote from Stealth Performance in regards to how the fueling is working. I hope this gives you some clarification, if not I would be happy to dig deeper.

"It never increases beyond max factory fuel rail pressure or it would just open the relief valve and send it back to the tank. We lessen the gap between actual and desired rail pressure by manipulating the pulse width of your injectors. That enables a more efficient ploom from your injectors earlier in the rpm range. "
    Sasquatchilly likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel Outdoorsman w/air suspension
    Liked
    2 times
    Am I missing something, or just confused? If they are manipulating pulse widths of the injectors, i.e. lengthening the time they are open; then aren't they introducing more fuel?

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links