Love the cost effectiveness of the Good YEar Wrangler SR-A tires - Page 2

Love the cost effectiveness of the Good YEar Wrangler SR-A tires

This is a discussion on Love the cost effectiveness of the Good YEar Wrangler SR-A tires within the RAM 1500 Diesel Wheels and Tires forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Appearance - RAM 1500 Diesel Mod Corner category; For those who like the SRA's I say more power to you. Unfortunately, I have had 2 incidents that where on-road and due to those ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Love the cost effectiveness of the Good YEar Wrangler SR-A tires

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 CC 4x4 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    15 times
    For those who like the SRA's I say more power to you. Unfortunately, I have had 2 incidents that where on-road and due to those and questionable snow/ice traction I'll be replacing them. The last incident was having to get a puncture repaired, not uncommon for any other except that this puncture was caused by one of those plastic push-in fasteners you would find on any car body trim. Now I suppose a hard plastic could puncture any given tire, but my experience with those plastic fasteners is that when installing them by hand its pretty easy to damage them if not pressed in properly. But puncture a tire? The tire shop couldn't believe it and neither could I. I was expecting a nail or screw or something, but not a plastic body fastener.
    bobcat67 likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie ED CC, 6'4", Delmonico Red
    Liked
    15 times
    Hard to argue with that. Maybe poor batch to batch consistency of the elastomer?

I've got a huge assortment of those plastic push in fasteners for my ATV. If my tires were on their last leg I'd probably line a few up and drive over them.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Ecodiesel
    Liked
    10 times
    I also have no problems with the stock SRA's. I've driven in heavy rain, as well as snow/ice covered roads, many times, never had traction issues. With 8,500 miles, they seem to be wearing pretty even as well, and I have not rotated them yet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    1454 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggn85 View Post
    my only issue with the SRAs are that they are terrible in any kind of snowy conditions. other than that... not bad.
    Agreed. IMHO no all season tire is safe in the snow once they are worn a bit. That is why I alsways commit to 4 wheels and snow tires for every vehicle I get. Its more about steering and stopping than going.
    Mcsap and Davef like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie Crew ED with 6'4 RAMbox
    Liked
    101 times
    I totally agree here.

Also, all snow is not created equal and if the temp is right and the snow is packable, all seasons may work ok. If the snow is greasy, powder, add hills and depth that same tire will be garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by howie12 View Post
    Agreed. IMHO no all season tire is safe in the snow once they are worn a bit. That is why I alsways commit to 4 wheels and snow tires for every vehicle I get. Its more about steering and stopping than going.
    howie12 likes this.
    "Run silent, run deep"

2016 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4 Laramie 6'4 Rambox with 3:92 Rear - Air Suspension - All Packages - NAV - AntiSpin - Sunroof - G2 BackFlip
    2015 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD
    2012 Volvo S60 T6 AWD

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Had a flat from a stone and the tire was trashed, wouldn't pass inspection, went with the Michelin defenders, OEM tres are never a good choice, I also run Nokian studded snow wheels, it's not going it's stopping
    Orthokevin likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie ED CC, 6'4", Delmonico Red
    Liked
    15 times
    I'll again post up some great results of the stock SRAs in the snowstorm we had on Tuesday. I left work around 5 and there was a solid 10-12" of snow on the onramp getting back onto the highway. The truck just moved right through it at about 10-15 mph without any complaints. Same goes for when I got home to the same 10-12" but then additionally what the plow had left too. I was able to pull right through it without much hassle. On the way home the majority of the highway was plowed but a few sections weren't and at no point did things get squirrely with either slowing down for Police/EMT or getting back up to speed.

I'm beginning to wonder if they updated the SRA at some point with a better tread design and/or compound.
    howie12 and Diesel78 like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie EcoDiesel
    Liked
    50 times
    I popped 3 out of 4 of the stock tires within 2000 miles, needless to say the stock SRA's weren't for me, wish they would've been, putting $1200 into a brand new pickup for tires kind of sucked.

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    493 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat67 View Post
    I popped 3 out of 4 of the stock tires within 2000 miles, needless to say the stock SRA's weren't for me, wish they would've been, putting $1200 into a brand new pickup for tires kind of sucked.
    How did you pop them? If 3 of 4 failed for no reason in 2,000 miles the dodge house would be giving me a hell of a deal on new tires. Didn't run over a box of nails did you?
    howie12 likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM ED
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggn85 View Post
    my only issue with the SRAs are that they are terrible in any kind of snowy conditions. other than that... not bad.
    63000 Km, 3 winters and still tons of tread left. Hoping for another wintery snowy year before I replace them.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links