Love the cost effectiveness of the Good YEar Wrangler SR-A tires - Page 4

Love the cost effectiveness of the Good YEar Wrangler SR-A tires

This is a discussion on Love the cost effectiveness of the Good YEar Wrangler SR-A tires within the RAM 1500 Diesel Wheels and Tires forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Appearance - RAM 1500 Diesel Mod Corner category; I have no problem with the OEM SR-A's, but I wouldn't run them during the winter months - I have Bllizzaks for that and they're ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Love the cost effectiveness of the Good YEar Wrangler SR-A tires

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I have no problem with the OEM SR-A's, but I wouldn't run them during the winter months - I have Bllizzaks for that and they're great.
    howie12 likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 EcoD Limited 4x4
    Liked
    13 times
    I have no idea how you guys are getting such long life out of the SR-A's.
    I"m at 28,000 miles and almost at 5/32 treadwear. Probably be below 5/32 end of summer.
    I have never take in it offroad, I drive .9 mile each way to work. It mostly long range trips to seattle or tulsa.
    I'm very disappointed with the goodyears, I think I'll get the LTX tires next time.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4
    Liked
    231 times
    Had my first flat after owning the truck less than 12 hrs and less than 50 miles. Went flat so fast I barely had time to find a place to pull over. No place here would give anything on trade. Took a special patch since the hole was so large. I swapped to Cooper AT3 tires and got 50k miles from them. Sold the tires on Craigslist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 BlueStreak EcoDiesel OD CC
    Liked
    119 times
    Theyre ok for what they are, but you get what you pay for. This is truly a case of "your mileage may vary".
    Mine have 25k on them, and I will be having to replace soon with a more highly rated tire, but it will cost me $950 out the door instead of $600 for SRA's.
    If I can get 60-70k out of a better set, it will be worth it
    2016 Ecodiesel 4x4 Outdoorsman
    2012 Pentastar Blacktop Charger
    1972 400-4 Plymouth Road Runner

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 CCSB bighorn Eco
    Liked
    567 times
    Quote Originally Posted by reapur View Post
    I have no idea how you guys are getting such long life out of the SR-A's.
    I"m at 28,000 miles and almost at 5/32 treadwear. Probably be below 5/32 end of summer.
    I have never take in it offroad, I drive .9 mile each way to work. It mostly long range trips to seattle or tulsa.
    I'm very disappointed with the goodyears, I think I'll get the LTX tires next time.
    Yep, my original set lasted 26k miles. Cooper AT3's were lasting 45-48k per set the past 2 sets. Now I'm running Nokian Rotiva AT 10 ply. Hope they last 60k+

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 CCSB bighorn Eco
    Liked
    567 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kswaterfowler View Post
    Had my first flat after owning the truck less than 12 hrs and less than 50 miles. Went flat so fast I barely had time to find a place to pull over. No place here would give anything on trade. Took a special patch since the hole was so large. I swapped to Cooper AT3 tires and got 50k miles from them. Sold the tires on Craigslist.
    Happened twice to me with the SRA's. They're junk in my opinion.
    Haul N Grass likes this.

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    493 times
    Granted I don't ever drive in snow, but I have going on 28,000 miles on my SRA's and if I could get them clean they still look new. Very little tread wear and no discernable abnormal wear. I have been rotating them every other oil change (every 14,000 miles as I change oil every 7k) I am meticulous about running the right pressure in them to make them wear flat across though.

It will make another trip to land of the thorns located down 10 miles of dirt roads this weekend.

I did get a scare the other day I pulled onto a state highway and held to the shoulder to pick up enough speed to merge the shoulder had some bad pot holes and was very rough after I merged on my tire light came on and said the passenger rear tire was down to 4 psi, I said fudge and pulled over to find a perfectly fine looking inflated tire so kept driving. A mile down the road the psi had come back up, I think the bumps screwed up the tire pressure sensor for a second.
    howie12 likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Longhorn short bed air suspension ram boxes tuxedo lo pro
    Liked
    38 times
    The goodyears on my truck only lasted 40k. Went with Coopers and will see if I get the 65k advertised as they Goodyears should have made it to 50k. Disappointed with the Goodyears as they seem to not have the traction that the Coopers have in Florida wet pavement.
    Haul N Grass likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    14. ECD QC Tradesman
    Liked
    798 times
    They just don't good put GOOD tires on new vehicles anymore. For most people , tires are tires. Thur have no clue about life span , traction. They are black and go round and round.

I will never put these tires back on when I need to replace them. Am at 13,000 now. Check out the tire ratings on tire rack.com and you can see they are not rated well at all.
    Haul N Grass likes this.
    14 ECD QC Tradesman 4x4, anti - spin, full tow pkg, Dee-Zee running boards , Jeraco fiberglass topper.

Retired Police / DOT Enforcement Officer . Penndot 3rd Party CDL Driver Examiner.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 3500
    Liked
    1524 times
    I'll agree their terrible in the rain ,one of our south Florida members lost control and hit a wall. Put weight in the bed or hook up a trailer and the back end of the truck is side to side wiggling going down the streets.

And in defense of our member who hit a wall , The Miami traffic is bumper to bumper,you get 1-3" of rain in less than 15 minutes,the roads are immediately flooded and slippery, and the roads can not drain quickly enough. you have to drive their and understand the rapidly changing conditions .

I had a blow out , many of our members reported flats , not good for dirt roads , terrible for pulling weight,terrible in wet conditions and mine were worn out at 25k .

So if you don't mind ...blowouts, flats ,weak sidewalks , no wet traction,etc Then that's the tire for you .
    Mcsap and Flmx81 like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links