NHTSA now investigating dial shifter Ram 1500's for rollaway crashes. - Page 3

NHTSA now investigating dial shifter Ram 1500's for rollaway crashes.

This is a discussion on NHTSA now investigating dial shifter Ram 1500's for rollaway crashes. within the RAM 1500 General Discussion (Non Diesel) forums, part of the RAM 1500 (NON DIESEL) category; Originally Posted by Patroller8D I'm sure the way society is headed it's a blame everyone else scenario except yourself for stupid chit you did and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: NHTSA now investigating dial shifter Ram 1500's for rollaway crashes.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Crew Cab SLT EcoDiesel
    Liked
    151 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Patroller8D View Post
    I'm sure the way society is headed it's a blame everyone else scenario except yourself for stupid chit you did and don't want to take responsibility. Of course the rats nest of money hungry lawyers of a certain group are just frothing to see how much money they can squeak out of the system. If I close the door on my finger, I'm the idiot, I don't blame FCA, VW or any other vehicle group for not putting stupid sensors to prevent me from doing stupid things.
    Merry Christmas to all on this forum.
    No, but there are lots of legitimate reasons for ligation that make all the difference in protecting the rights and freedoms of consumers.

If the ability to participate in class action lawsuits, privately sue a company/manufacturer, or seek retribution for being wronged didn't exist - trust me we'd have a lot more explosive situations.
    Boulder Mark likes this.
    2016 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 3.0L EcoDiesel
    Crew Cab, 4X4, 5.7' Bed, 3.55 Gears, 17" Wheels, Stock Tires, Spray in Liner and Debadged

Anyone want to donate to the toy improvement fund?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 EcoD Quadcab 4x4
    Liked
    232 times
    I'll agree whole hearted for the legitimate reasons.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 ED Outdoorsman
    Liked
    219 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Patroller8D View Post
    I'm sure the way society is headed it's a blame everyone else scenario except yourself for stupid chit you did and don't want to take responsibility. Of course the rats nest of money hungry lawyers of a certain group are just frothing to see how much money they can squeak out of the system. If I close the door on my finger, I'm the idiot, I don't blame FCA, VW or any other vehicle group for not putting stupid sensors to prevent me from doing stupid things.
    Merry Christmas to all on this forum.
    Amazing that you, without any evidence or knowledge of any situation involving this shifter, can determine that FCA and ZF have no design issues, no material failures, and zero culpability in any incident. Stunning powers of deduction! You must be brilliant!

Was this your response to the GM and Delta ignition switch issue? Hungry pack of lawyers out to get a good company that had done no wrong? Tell that to the families of those that died due to cost cutting and engineering negligence. How about the Takata airbags that kill people with shrapnel in their cars while simply driving. Going to blame those victims and their lawyers?

I am not saying the FCA and ZF have a problem, it is possible that every instance is user failure and there is no design flaw or manufacturing issue - or maybe they do have an issue. I don't know. I do know that none of us here have enough information to make that determination. I, for one, am more curious about the data, when it comes out, than I am about a bunch of ill informed opinions.

So, I am hoping the next post actually has more information and less speculation.
    2015 Outdoorsman Prairie Pearl, 3.92 Gears, 17" Wheels LT tires, 8.4AN, Remote start, air suspension, RollX tonneau cover.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 EcoD Quadcab 4x4
    Liked
    232 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Mark View Post
    Amazing that you, without any evidence or knowledge of any situation involving this shifter, can determine that FCA and ZF have no design issues, no material failures, and zero culpability in any incident. Stunning powers of deduction! You must be brilliant!

Was this your response to the GM and Delta ignition switch issue? Hungry pack of lawyers out to get a good company that had done no wrong? Tell that to the families of those that died due to cost cutting and engineering negligence. How about the Takata airbags that kill people with shrapnel in their cars while simply driving. Going to blame those victims and their lawyers?

I am not saying the FCA and ZF have a problem, it is possible that every instance is user failure and there is no design flaw or manufacturing issue - or maybe they do have an issue. I don't know. I do know that none of us here have enough information to make that determination. I, for one, am more curious about the data, when it comes out, than I am about a bunch of ill informed opinions.

So, I am hoping the next post actually has more information and less speculation.
    Read up one post.
    BlueMerleBC and CDNLaramie like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '16 Laramie CC 4x4 Eco Diesel
    Liked
    317 times
    I will agree with Patroller on this one. I believe the vast majority of these automotive type claims are BS and usually fall back to user error or stupidity. People are so quick to judge, blame, finger point before even taking a look in the mirror and trying to exercise reasonable judgement. Where do people get this idea that we live in a perfect world where problems don't exist? As long a vehicles are designed and manufactured by humans there will always be issues. Wish there was a way to sift thru the legit claims VS the BS money grabbing types. My bet is we would see a very clear trend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links