2500 Cummins "Made in Mexico"?

This is a discussion on 2500 Cummins "Made in Mexico"? within the Ram 2500 General Discussion forums, part of the Ram 2500 & 3500 category; Listened to the news this morning about how FCA was going to move some of it's current production back to the U.S. Reminded me of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 2500 Cummins "Made in Mexico"?

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    3375 times

Listened to the news this morning about how FCA was going to move some of it's current production back to the U.S. Reminded me of a recent shopping experience at two Ram dealers. More than once I looked at the window stickers. Clearly marked ... Made in Saltillo, Mexico.

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/window...UR5JLXHG589635

Here's just one that I saw and reminded me of my experience in that town years ago. They had a "Zona Roha" there. Think that means Red Zone. Inside a government-controlled part of the town are multiple entertainment establishments. Some establishments promote lewd shows with animals, solicitation and prostitution. Kind of what many people tell stories they heard 2nd hand or 3rd hand. In my wandering motorcycle days I was there and can tell you, first hand, those stories are true. Pass no judgment on me. Just carry some thoughts to the workers making that new 2500 Cummins.

When I first noticed that on a sticker I was surprised. How the heck did that Cummins engine even get to that assembly plant? Made in the USA or made in Mexico, that Cummins has a reputation tied to America. Now what about the rest of the truck?

I have issues buying major products made in 2nd and third-world countries to the detriment of America. This was quite a shock to see a Cummins coming from Mexico. Do know the single-cab models of the Ecodiesel are also assembled in Mexico. Just speculating on FCA's recent announcement that some production will move back to America. Wondering if the 2500 is coming home?
    Use your head or my may have to use your feet.

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    288 times
    While thinking about that... is the culture and lewd acts etc. driven by the people who live there or the people who visit there?
    choochooman74 likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    3375 times
    Both. That is a rare question correctly answered either way.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ecodeisel,4x4,CC,6'4" box,392's, air ride suspension,ARE Z series cap
    Liked
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    Listened to the news this morning about how FCA was going to move some of it's current production back to the U.S. Reminded me of a recent shopping experience at two Ram dealers. More than once I looked at the window stickers. Clearly marked ... Made in Saltillo, Mexico.

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/window...UR5JLXHG589635

Here's just one that I saw and reminded me of my experience in that town years ago. They had a "Zona Roha" there. Think that means Red Zone. Inside a government-controlled part of the town are multiple entertainment establishments. Some establishments promote lewd shows with animals, solicitation and prostitution. Kind of what many people tell stories they heard 2nd hand or 3rd hand. In my wandering motorcycle days I was there and can tell you, first hand, those stories are true. Pass no judgment on me. Just carry some thoughts to the workers making that new 2500 Cummins.

When I first noticed that on a sticker I was surprised. How the heck did that Cummins engine even get to that assembly plant? Made in the USA or made in Mexico, that Cummins has a reputation tied to America. Now what about the rest of the truck?

I have issues buying major products made in 2nd and third-world countries to the detriment of America. This was quite a shock to see a Cummins coming from Mexico. Do know the single-cab models of the Ecodiesel are also assembled in Mexico. Just speculating on FCA's recent announcement that some production will move back to America. Wondering if the 2500 is coming home?
    My first Ram 2500 quad cab with the 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual was a 1998 model and it was assembled in Mexico. To the best of my knowledge the current 6.7 Cummins is made here in the U.S.A. as was the Cummins 5.9.
    Davemd likes this.
    2017 Ram 2500 Bighorn Edition, Delmonico Red Pearlcoat: CC, 4x4, 6'4" box, rear air suspension. ARE Z series cap. TT 2004 Springbrook Keystone 189 FL.
    Sold:2016 Ram Bighorn Edition Ecodiesel CC, 4x4, 6' 4" box, 392's , air suspension. ARE Z series Cap.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 RAM ED
    Liked
    39 times
    Trump says there coming home where they belong.
    2015 CC 4X4 Tradesman

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    3375 times
    On our motorcycle ride today we stopped at a Ram dealer in Avon Park, Florida. Think this is Haul n Grass's home dealer.

EVERY Cummins we looked at was made in Mexico. My take there is they just might all be made there today.

Now that's a contrast with the Avon Park Ford dealer. Wife looked at cars. Most were assembled in the US but many were assembled in Mexico and Brazil Most all motors were made in Mexico, England, Canada or Brazil. Can't remember what it was but did find one vehicle where everything seemed to be made in America. I did not look at the pickups as they hold little to no interest to me except for the sticker shock value.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 RAM 1500 Lone Star EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1370 times
    All RAM 2500, 3500, 4500, 5500, Regular cab 1500 and a few Crew Cab 1500s are made in Mexico. They have been for for a very long while. I'm surprised how many "American" truck lovers are unaware they are driving around in a truck made in Mexico. Chevrolet/GMC 1500 CC trucks are also made in Mexico.

I would be driving a RAM 2500 with a Cummins had it not been made in Mexico. Maybe if they return production to Michigan I will revisit a replacement for my little Italian powered EcoDiesel assembled in Michigan.
    Always learning.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 EcoD Outdoorsman CC 6.5' 4X4 3.92
    Liked
    973 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    EVERY Cummins we looked at was made in Mexico. My take there is they just might all be made there today.
    All the 2500/3500 along with 2 door 1500's are assembled in Mexico. The Cummins engine is built in Indiana.
    Last edited by Crash68; 01-11-2017 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Corrected the state, thank you Top!

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 RAM 1500 Lone Star EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1370 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash68 View Post
    All the 2500/3500 along with 2 door 1500's are assembled in Mexico. The Cummins engine is built in Ohio.
    I believe the Cummins 6.7s are made in Columbus, Indiana at the CMEP.
    The Making of a Cummins 6.7-liter Diesel Engine - PickupTrucks.com News
    Crash68 likes this.
    Always learning.

Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    I thought I read somewhere FCA is one of the largest producers of vehicles in Me-he-co.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links