RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Exhaust Break//Tow Haul

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Ram1 
#1 ·
I sure like the Exhaust Break besides sounding COOL,, It works great. :cool: I played with it today, and the Tow haul mode also.
The combination of the two, both turned on in stop & go city traffic works great for slowing you down with basically no breaking except for the final stop at the light or stop sign. I know it will work great when towing in the mountains.
I told my CoPilot to listen to that cool sound when it is working, And her reply was < Another feature on your toy, with a smile. > But as she drove back north thru heavy Spokane traffic she liked how well it worked.

#4 ·
There will be tow reports but have to wait to get the trailer out of RV port and of course for the snow to melt. She loves driving the truck.

Reactions: watersupply189
#6 ·
Saves on brakes. Now you are kind of like a manual transmission.

I have used the buttons to manually force a downshift or three when conditions warrant a slow-down. I hate wearing out brakes like you do with those darn automatics.

Of course the other side is I used to wear out clutches and transmissions. Now it's only the transmission.

#11 ·
Brakes are a LOT cheaper and easier to change than a clutch.To me brakes are expendable, clutches are not. Truckers don't use the clutch when shifting, only for stops and starts. I have had vehicles that I could down shift without using the clutch to save the brakes but it can be a little tricky.

#7 ·
Stop breaking our truck!! It is too new to be broken!!!

Reactions: RB33
#10 ·
When driving in Spokane traffic I turn the tow haul mode on and that works great along with the exhaust break. And in heavy city traffic, it really sounds COOL. :cool: With the window down. :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.