Where can I buy oil and filter for my Ram Eco Diesel

This is a discussion on Where can I buy oil and filter for my Ram Eco Diesel within the Canadian General Discussion forums, part of the Ram 1500 Diesel Canadian Forum category; My 2017 Ram Eco Diesel is due for the second oil change and maintenance interval. I do the maintenance myself (oil changes etc...) and for ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Where can I buy oil and filter for my Ram Eco Diesel

Member #

My 2017 Ram Eco Diesel is due for the second oil change and maintenance interval. I do the maintenance myself (oil changes etc...) and for my first oil change, I bought the filter and oil at the dealer for over $200.

Can anyone give me a source where I can buy the oil and filter cheaper? I'm looking for a source that sells the oil that meet the requirements for the Ram Eco Diesel same as the oil I can get at the dealer. Or are there better options available?.

I'm in Toronto Ontario.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie Crew 4X4
    Liked
    8 times
    There is tons of info about where and what brands to buy online in this forum. I like using Rockauto.com myself for the filters. If you want to go and physicaly buy them, Canadian tire, NAPA, etc all have filters in stock. You can get 2 jugs and the filter for about half of what the dealership will charge. Even cheaper if you buy the materials online.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Member #
    I know but I don't know the exact oil I need to buy that is certified for the Ram Eco diesel. Do you know of a brand and the exact type of oil I should buy? I'll buy it at Canadian Tire as long as I know the oil specs I need to look for

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn CC 4x4
    Liked
    221 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gpeters View Post
    I know but I don't know the exact oil I need to buy that is certified for the Ram Eco diesel. Do you know of a brand and the exact type of oil I should buy? I'll buy it at Canadian Tire as long as I know the oil specs I need to look for
    Rotella T6 5w40, you'll have to find the filters yourself, i don't know the numbers off the top of my head.

dub
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Big Horn, CC, 6'4"bed
    Liked
    272 times
    Can anyone give me a source where I can buy the oil and filter cheaper? I'm looking for a source that sells the oil that meet the requirements for the Ram Eco Diesel same as the oil I can get at the dealer. Or are there better options available?.

I'm in Toronto Ontario.
    The filter is Mopar part #68229402AA. Search around online and you will find it cheaper than the dealer. Try Amazon or eBay.

The oil is just Rotella T6, it's highly available. You should be able to get it at any auto parts store, farm/tractor store, Wal-Mart, etc.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2018 RAM 1500 Limited Crew 4X4 ED
    Liked
    152 times
    My 2017 Ram Eco Diesel is due for the second oil change and maintenance interval. I do the maintenance myself (oil changes etc...) and for my first oil change, I bought the filter and oil at the dealer for over $200.

I'm in Toronto Ontario.
    I was getting kendall, but now I have Amsoil for it. There is an EcoGuard Filter that is cheaper and can be ordered through RockAuto and shipped direct to Toronto.

If you want Amsoil, I can help. Help as in get it for dealer price (I have an account for myself and friends)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where can I buy oil and filter for my Ram Eco Diesel-amsoil-diesel-5w-40.png  
    2018 RAM 1500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4 EcoDiesel

Previous RAM Trucks:

2016 RAM 1500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4 EcoDiesel
    2010 RAM 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4x4 Hemi

Member #
    Vehicle
    2018 RAM 1500 Limited Crew 4X4 ED
    Liked
    152 times
    EcoGuard Filters from rockAuto

5 for $10 each CDN$ Shiped taxes paid.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where can I buy oil and filter for my Ram Eco Diesel-ra-ecoguard.png  
    2018 RAM 1500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4 EcoDiesel

Previous RAM Trucks:

2016 RAM 1500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4 EcoDiesel
    2010 RAM 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4x4 Hemi

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1443 times
    Sorry not familiar with Canada, but if yal have walmarts they carry the T-6 oil and are about the cheapest place to get it. Autozones around here stock an STP filter that works. If you want a Mopar filter you can get one on Amazon and there are many aftermarket options that work fine.

dub
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Big Horn, CC, 6'4"bed
    Liked
    272 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MAS View Post
    Sorry not familiar with Canada, but if yal have walmarts they carry the T-6 oil and are about the cheapest place to get it.
    Wal-Mart is the single largest retailer in the world with stores in 27 countries. Pretty safe to say they have Wal-Mart in Canada.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1257 times
    gpeters , you can cut that price pretty much in half by using ecoguard filter , or get the Mopar filter from dealer for more $$$ for peace of mind , ( yes I'm chicken ) filter part number as stated above .
    the oïl you can get when it comes on special at Walmard , or Canadian tire , then you go online and fill the rebate form
    get money back in the mail , when filling the form it says T5 but no worry ,, the cheque will come even with Rotella T6 5W40
    last time I got it at Canadian tire for the 5 liter jugs for $40.79 each ,( then subtract rebate $ 7.00 per jugs )
    ((one gallon US jugs are less expensive but only 3.78 liters ))
    don't get it at full price :
    https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/s...-0287935p.html
    https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/business-...9jYXRvci5jZm0=
    You're going to need a big bucket...
    talking about big bucket , you can get more savings buying big bucket of Rotella T6
    see image below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where can I buy oil and filter for my Ram Eco Diesel-5-gallons.jpg   Where can I buy oil and filter for my Ram Eco Diesel-img_2105.jpg   Where can I buy oil and filter for my Ram Eco Diesel-rotella-rebate-may-2018-3-jugs.jpg   Where can I buy oil and filter for my Ram Eco Diesel-t-6-more-expensive-why.jpg  
    TwoBobs likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links