Anybody in the Vancouver area get the GDE tune , I wondering how the shipping...

Anybody in the Vancouver area get the GDE tune , I wondering how the shipping...

This is a discussion on Anybody in the Vancouver area get the GDE tune , I wondering how the shipping... within the Canadian General Discussion forums, part of the Ram 1500 Diesel Canadian Forum category; I'm wondering how the shipping worked out when you sent and received your ECM to GDE ? I don't have a good feeling about using ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anybody in the Vancouver area get the GDE tune , I wondering how the shipping...

Member #
    Liked
    36 times

I'm wondering how the shipping worked out when you sent and received your ECM to GDE ? I don't have a good feeling about using the exchange plan I would like to keep my original ECM.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Limited CC 4x4
    Liked
    405 times
    I'm in Toronto and it's only a 3-4 days from dock to door.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 RAM 1500 SLT 3.0 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    104 times
    Im in Northern BC and I bought a spare ECM out of Toronto from car-part.com for a couple hundred bucks... Shipped it down to GDE with Fedex.. 2-3 week turn around there and back so it definitely helps to have a second ECM for avoiding down time.. I feel like the return time GDE offers is not quite enough and also wasn't interested in paying the $50 penalty per week for late fees when returning the exchange ECM. The exchange rate on the rest of it kicks us in the ass enough...
    2017 RAM 1500 SLT 3.0 EcoDiesel 3.92

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jg08 View Post
    Im in Northern BC and I bought a spare ECM out of Toronto from car-part.com for a couple hundred bucks... Shipped it down to GDE with Fedex.. 2-3 week turn around there and back so it definitely helps to have a second ECM for avoiding down time.. I feel like the return time GDE offers is not quite enough and also wasn't interested in paying the $50 penalty per week for late fees when returning the exchange ECM. The exchange rate on the rest of it kicks us in the ass enough...
    I finally ordered the Hot Tune exchange ECM Sunday, yesterday, I paid for express shipping so I'm supposed to receive the Exchange ECM by the end of the business day Wednesday. I checked out the EGR valve operation on my ELM/Fusion and it's virtually always open sometimes just pouring exhaust back into the engine so there is not much choice if your looking for longevity.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I finally ordered the Hot Tune exchange ECM Sunday, yesterday, I paid for express shipping so I'm supposed to receive the Exchange ECM by the end of the business day Wednesday. I checked out the EGR valve operation on my ELM/Fusion and it's virtually always open sometimes just pouring exhaust back into the engine so there is not much choice if your looking for longevity.
    Absolutely! GDE tune is the best thing we could do for our trucks... Not sure what options you included, but I picked up the regen message, high idle, and engine brake for towing... Everytime I swap back to the stock ECM for any dealer work I just wanna drive the truck off a cliff... It makes that much of a difference!

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jg08 View Post
    Absolutely! GDE tune is the best thing we could do for our trucks... Not sure what options you included, but I picked up the regen message, high idle, and engine brake for towing... Everytime I swap back to the stock ECM for any dealer work I just wanna drive the truck off a cliff... It makes that much of a difference!
    I got regen message and engine braking I seem to have a factory high idle for warm up ( 1000 rpm ) on a cold start seems good enough, Just good insurance to get the GDE tune considering the cost of a new engine.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    104 times
    I got regen message and engine braking I seem to have a factory high idle for warm up ( 1000 rpm ) on a cold start seems good enough, Just good insurance to get the GDE tune considering the cost of a new engine.
    Yeah down in Vancouver you probably don't see the -20°C to -30°C we get here up north haha... The GDE high idle is roughly 1500-1600 RPMs... My first winter with it and loved how much quicker my truck warmed up this winter

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1343 times
    I'm wondering how the shipping worked out when you sent and received your ECM to GDE ? I don't have a good feeling about using the exchange plan I would like to keep my original ECM.
    GDE uses UPS shipping to Canada , they communicate your email to UPS ,
    whatever you get from GDE will be different price , but the UPS will be $30.85 US =>
    then you will get a email from UPS about some customs or brokerage fee ,
    that extra charges by UPS is $ 24.66 in canadian money , you can pay that with paypal when you recceive the e-mail
    this way the UPS guy can leave your package without talking to you , or you can wait and pay the $ 24.66 at the door on delivery .
    P.S. if you send them a ECM , and the ECM is shipped back to you , I know a member who got contacted
    on the phone they asked why the 2 way shipment ??,( don't remember who they claimed to be ..) he aswered that
    he sent a part to get fixed in the US , they did not ask any more question .

if you purchase another ECM to have your tune programmed on , ( used already GDE tuned ECM , or regular stock ECM)
    have the seller ship that ECM straight to GDE , of course you communicate with GDE first , to give them a heads-up on what is going to happen
    Last edited by Kazimodo; 03-11-2019 at 07:31 PM.
    dieseldoya likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Well I received my exchange GDE ECM, mine was in real nice condition not pristine but all things considered pretty good. I received an exchange ECM that looks passable a bit weathered by a bit of road salt but acceptable not something to write home about so to speak. So I made the switch followed instructions started up and for some reason it started governor hunting like a cold detroit would the engine idle repeating up and down rpm swings. After 30 seconds or so this faded out but I never had this happen before when I started my truck so I guess I'll need to wait until tomorrow morning when it's cold to see if this is going to be ongoing. Other than the governor hunting cold everything seems to be as advertised.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Well I tried a cold start this morning and eveything seems to be good, fuel economy seems to be increasing the more I drive the truck so I really don't have any cmplaints.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links