Cool Tech, LLC is a Supporting Vendor! - Page 2

Cool Tech, LLC is a Supporting Vendor!

This is a discussion on Cool Tech, LLC is a Supporting Vendor! within the Cool Tech, LLC forums, part of the Vendors category; Just bought the antenna. Very quality product. Do you feed the cable between the fender before attaching it to the vehicle bolt?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cool Tech, LLC is a Supporting Vendor!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Just bought the antenna. Very quality product. Do you feed the cable between the fender before attaching it to the vehicle bolt?

Member #
    Vehicle
    15 Tradesman QC 4x4 3.92
    Liked
    485 times
    This thing is pretty awesome. My brother did a DIY of something identical on his 2000 Super Duty, mirrored the AM/FM antenna on the other side, looks great!
    How are they holding up for people so far?

Quote Originally Posted by darthdzl View Post
    That antenna mount looks great! Don't suppose you offer a cap (preferably with a gasket or rubber lining) to seal it from rain while the antenna is not in use? Maybe in black, so it would be even more invisible. ^_^
    I would assume this is a 3/8-24 thread antenna connector. Maybe instead of something that covers the nut, try a matching thread nylon black plug that can be threaded into it. I found some of those and could even add an O-ring if really necessary.
    2015 RAM 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel/8HP70 4x4. QC 6'4' 140" WB. Factory options: Protection Group, Exterior Appearance Group, Trailer Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group, Popular Equipment Group, 3.92, Anti-Spin, UConnect 5.0, ParkView
    List of mods - DJL_57'S RAM

Member #
    Vehicle
    Big Horn QC 4X4 6.4 bed 3.92 LSD
    Liked
    3410 times
    Well I have changed the fluids in my transmission, transfer case, and front and rear differentials. The transmission was SLOW and especially messy with the old CHEAP plastic parts store pump. I have now ordered the Cool Tech transfer pump and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.
    97hmcs likes this.
    Airstream, TT, Boat, transporter. Factory receiver 1,290/12k (w WDH) factory brake controller tow mirrors & hitch camera. No sway WDH, Andersen Rapid adjust hitch, Turnover ball GN hitch w 5er adapter, Axle to frame air bags, GDE tune w turbo brake, SLT Grill, 275/55/20 XL load tires, Max ED tow rating 9,200, Combined axle rating 7,800, Max RAM 1500 CVWR 15,950, truck with me & 3 hitchs axle weights steer 3,340 drive 2,560

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ecodiesel Crew Cab Limited
    Liked
    632 times
    Hope you like it! We came up with the idea when we were servicing a lot of Ford GT40's. Ford wants the transaxle fluid changed at the first year mark. The GT hold 4 quarts of fluid (at a cost of $38/quart), and one time I was standing there counting the number of up and down strokes on those hand pumps. It was about 120 strokes/quart. There HAS to be a better way. Off to Home Depot and gathering of some parts and "ta da" the Lube Mover was born. LOL Now we keep a container around that has this transaxle fluid in it and putting it into the car is (comparatively) a piece of cake!!

Member #
    Vehicle
    '15 ED, CC, 6'4", 4x4, Air Susp, Longhorn
    Liked
    849 times
    Dam that lube mover is nice! May have to pic one up.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 RAM 1500 Eco-diesel
    Liked
    5 times
    Hey CoolTech, I'm in SoCal. Do you guys do GDE Tune installations?

Member #
    Vehicle
    Big Horn QC 4X4 6.4 bed 3.92 LSD
    Liked
    3410 times
    Have a buddy with a small shop two lifts. He as was I very impressed with the lube mover. He said he is going to get one for his shop. Quick & clean what a change from the cheap flimsy auto parts store units.
    Airstream, TT, Boat, transporter. Factory receiver 1,290/12k (w WDH) factory brake controller tow mirrors & hitch camera. No sway WDH, Andersen Rapid adjust hitch, Turnover ball GN hitch w 5er adapter, Axle to frame air bags, GDE tune w turbo brake, SLT Grill, 275/55/20 XL load tires, Max ED tow rating 9,200, Combined axle rating 7,800, Max RAM 1500 CVWR 15,950, truck with me & 3 hitchs axle weights steer 3,340 drive 2,560

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ecodiesel Crew Cab Limited
    Liked
    632 times
    Hey CoolTech, I'm in SoCal. Do you guys do GDE Tune installations?
    Hi Ron! Congrats on your ED purchase! I've had mine since 2014 - one of the very best vehicles I've ever owned!

The GDE "tune" is really an ECU swap. You have two choices. 1) Buy the tune (ECU) with a deposit for returning your ECU. When the new ECU arrives (with your tune already installed), simply swap ECU's and return your OEM ECU to them and they will refund your deposit. 2) alternatively, you can purchase an ECU (on Ebay, for example) and ship them this ECU for programming. Then when you receive the ECU back from them you will have both the programmed ECU and your OEM and you can swap the OEM back in if ever needed.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 RAM 1500 Eco-diesel
    Liked
    5 times
    Thanks! I love it so far and am sure will love it even more after the GDE tune. I appreciate the info you provided, however, I asked if you perform the installs simply because I'm just not sure I trust myself doing the swap myself with pulling the airbox out and the ECM itself.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500
    Liked
    462 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ED-Ron View Post
    Thanks! I love it so far and am sure will love it even more after the GDE tune. I appreciate the info you provided, however, I asked if you perform the installs simply because I'm just not sure I trust myself doing the swap myself with pulling the airbox out and the ECM itself.
    The pcm swap is very easy it can be done with the air box installed. It's literally four M6 bolts and two connectors, all you need is a 1/4 inch ratchet with a 10mm shallow socket. It is a little easier if you unplug the maf sensor and move the top of the air box over some.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links