Cool Tech, LLC is a Supporting Vendor!

This is a discussion on Cool Tech, LLC is a Supporting Vendor! within the Cool Tech, LLC forums, part of the Vendors category; We would like to welcome Cool Tech, LLC as our newest Supporting Vendor! Please take a moment to check out their website at the following ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cool Tech, LLC is a Supporting Vendor!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

We would like to welcome Cool Tech, LLC as our newest Supporting Vendor!

Please take a moment to check out their website at the following URL:

CoolTechLLC

Member #
    Vehicle
    Laramie ED,CC,4x4
    Liked
    142 times
    Good luck, Cool Tech

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ecodiesel Crew Cab Limited
    Liked
    633 times
    Thanks for the welcome. I'll post a couple of small products we have for the Ram by the weekend once I get the install instructions written and the packaging all done. I have a quantity of 100 units made (optimistic thinker!) so we should be able to fulfill orders right away.

To let the cat out of the bag, we will have a very robust but OEM-like CB antenna mount for the Ram. With the antenna un-screwed, you will be hard-pressed to see/notice the mount location. With the antenna in place, you will have a well-performing CB antenna with no bad characteristics (whipping around in the wind, whistling, etc.). We have done a lot of testing to insure this OEM-like appearance AND behavior. We will sell the mount + antenna + (specialized) coax as a complete kit.

The second complementary product is something we call the VersaMount. This is a vehicle-specific mount that is intended to be the place to hang your CB microphone. We are a big advocate of the Cobra 75WXST CB with everything built into the microphone. Although you can attach any CB (or ham radio) microphone to our VersaMount is has been pre-drilled for this Cobra CB and engineered in a way to keep the 75WXST easily visible and accessible.

Finally, we will offer an all-in-one package. Essentially, one-stop shopping if you want to add a CB solution to your Ram truck and you just want everything to work together. In this package, we will include the CB antenna mount kit, the VersaMount, and a Cobra 75 WXST.

I hope the folks here will like our solutions as much as the Jeep forum guys like our Jeep products!
    Woodbine likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    good luck for Cool Tech

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 RAM 1500 Lone Star EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1425 times
    Where can I find pictures of the antenna and mount installed on a RAM 1500?
    Always learning.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ecodiesel Crew Cab Limited
    Liked
    633 times
    Where can I find pictures of the antenna and mount installed on a RAM 1500?
    Thanks for asking. As antiquated as the technology is, CB radio is still the defacto communication method for long haul truckers as well as most off-roaders. As such, if you travel a lot with your Ram truck, a CB might be of some consideration as it provides both a measure of additional safety as well as some entertainment value. However, CB antenna mounts are often pretty ugly and not real practical when you are not traveling. As such, we wanted to develop a product that was 1) easy to install; 2) practically invisible when not being used; 3) functioned well, and; 4) looked as much like OEM when used. with these parameters in mind, here is a couple of pictures of our CB antenna kit.

Cool Tech, LLC is a Supporting Vendor!-ramum2.jpg

Cool Tech, LLC is a Supporting Vendor!-ramum3.jpg

Cool Tech, LLC is a Supporting Vendor!-ramum1.jpg

Cool Tech, LLC is a Supporting Vendor!-ramum4.jpg

On the inside of the truck, we had similar objectives. We wanted to have a place to "mount" a CB but we wanted to have it be as un-obtrusive as possible when both present and not present. One of the most popular CB's in the world is Cobra's 75WXST which is an all-in-one unit. We have sold a LOT of these and like them quite a bit for their performance and practicality. For us, the 75 WX ST was a great fit for what we wanted to achieve for the Ram. So, we just needed to come up with a clever mount - what we call the "Ram VersaMount", and offer that as an additional option to folks that may consider our antenna solution. Here's a couple of pics of the Ram VersaMount.

Cool Tech, LLC is a Supporting Vendor!-rm_versa1.jpg

Cool Tech, LLC is a Supporting Vendor!-rm_versa2.jpg

Finally, for folks who just want to have the convenience of one-stop shopping for a complete solution, we have a package that includes the CB, the VersaMount, and the Antenna w/mount.
    Top and Anomaly like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ecodiesel Longhorn 4x4 CC
    Liked
    70 times
    Installation is simple and straightforward. Clear directions, took me less than 15 minutes to install.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, GMC Duramax, Ford 7.3 diesel
    Liked
    3148 times
    Best wishes to you in your enterprise, CoolTech!
    Gene

2014 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel
    2001 GMC 2500HD Duramax diesel
    1992 Ford E350 Navistar diesel

"Science prevails over bullshit and superstition"
    -Me

Member #
    Vehicle
    none yet
    Liked
    85 times
    That antenna mount looks great! Don't suppose you offer a cap (preferably with a gasket or rubber lining) to seal it from rain while the antenna is not in use? Maybe in black, so it would be even more invisible. ^_^

Member #
    Vehicle
    Big Horn QC 4X4 6.4 bed 3.92 LSD
    Liked
    3558 times
    Had I seen this before buying my CB & antenna and setting it up.. this is very slick. Much better than having a honking big CB in your cab. Some might like the option of having the antenna at the front of the bed or between the bed and cab directly behind the driver. It seems the most common place I see people mount their antenna.
    Airstream, TT, Boat, transporter. Factory receiver 1,290/12k (w WDH) factory brake controller tow mirrors & hitch camera. No sway WDH, Andersen Rapid adjust hitch, Turnover ball GN hitch w 5er adapter, Axle to frame air bags, GDE tune w turbo brake, SLT Grill, 275/55/20 XL load tires, Max ED tow rating 9,200, Combined axle rating 7,800, Max RAM 1500 CVWR 15,950, truck with me & 3 hitchs axle weights steer 3,340 drive 2,560

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links