**BREAKING** FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement - Page 84

**BREAKING** FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement

This is a discussion on **BREAKING** FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Originally Posted by boocoodinkydow You just got a prick! I called and questioned if they needed all 8 and they told me know. Just sent ...

Page 84 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Like Tree609Likes

Thread: **BREAKING** FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    218 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boocoodinkydow View Post
    You just got a prick! I called and questioned if they needed all 8 and they told me know. Just sent in the 2 signature sheets and got notification within 24 hours that all was good.
    Yeah, that doesn't surprise me. I went ahead and scanned all 8 pages and resent the email yesterday evening. They also seems to have different people responding since I've received duplicate responses with various messages. I hope I get the final confirmation today that everything is complete.
    boocoodinkydow likes this.
    2015 3.0 Ecodiesel/Big Horn/1500/QCSB/4x4
    2016 Arctic Fox/Travel Trailer 22G/Onboard LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Havanajoe View Post
    Last Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanx. Keep us posted on your progress.
    I still love my truck but incrementally less each time it throws a CEL!!

Member #
    Hey all been lightly browsing through this forum - I bought my truck from the original owner on March 26, 2019 and wasn't sure if I was eligible for the payout and all that. Well, long story short I just emailed back my signed offer and notarized release and will get the full amount if original owner (who left the country and moved to Australia) doesn't ever file a claim. So maybe there's hope for those of us who bought our trucks after January 2019...

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    So this AEM is for sure different. Truck drives totally different. Initially it was a bit more responsive, got my hopes up. I assume it was in a relearn phase. Today on my drive home the truck settled into quite a lethargic pig. Doesn't help that I'm on 315s, but it's very different on the highway than previously. I log 40k a year and drive the same stretch of hilly highway every day. It takes alot of throttle to wake the truck up now. Very laggy and feels a bit more gutless than before. Seems to hold a higher gear better, so downshifting takes alot of throttle input. 100% different than it was 2 days ago. Never was impressive but it's noticeable for the worse now. None the less I'll be getting in touch with GDE. Not surprised by this, and the extended warranty is nice since I'm keeping emissions in tact, but man she's a dog. Dropping tire size and a gde tune should be enough to keep me happy. It is what it is.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Kazimodo and Captainmal like this.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    hedgexj: You summed up my experience pretty much to a T. Initially starting out on a cool morning will make you think you have a plugged fuel filter or something making the engine stall.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Idbound View Post
    hedgexj: You summed up my experience pretty much to a T. Initially starting out on a cool morning will make you think you have a plugged fuel filter or something making the engine stall.
    I took off after work, it was about 70* out. Left a stop sign and once into 3rd gear there was almost no turbo spool for about 2 seconds. Was waiting for a CEL or something to pop on but it finally lit the turbo and drives normal. Just seems super lazy to spool and very sluggish. It's annoying, and my mpg dropped since I'm always driving with my foot in it. GDE will have a new customer, I don't need more power, I need my power to be usable not just a figment of my imagination.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    DrivingZiggy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I mailed in my claim on 4/1 - I called yesterday and they do not show it received even though I know they received it via tracking. I was told to do it electronically which I did yesterday and already received an email that it was received.
    Scheduled my AEM yesterday for 6/7 - they said 4 hours as I have a tranny software update and some other minor recall. The Voice message when I called the FCA said 6-8 weeks to get a check after they receive notification that the AEM is complete.
    Kazimodo and Captainmal like this.
    2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Big Horn Edition TORQUEFLITE® 8-Speed 8HP70 Tranny - Crew Cab 5' 7" bed
    White w/Canyon Brown/Tan Interior - Heated seats/steering wheel - 3.55's - Cold Weather Package - Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle - Protection Group
    - Trailer Brake Control - Armacoating bed liner

Member #
    Liked
    167 times
    Had the AEM work done yesterday, paperwork I received set out what was covered for extended warranty. It did not state the duration or mileage.

Anyone have a link to FCA on 10 year warranty?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    218 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OldMiner View Post
    Had the AEM work done yesterday, paperwork I received set out what was covered for extended warranty. It did not state the duration or mileage.

The 4 year/48,000 mile extended warranty begins after the software fix has occurred.

* 10 years or 120,000 miles from the original in-service date and mileage
    AND
    * 4 years and 48,000 miles from the date and mileage when the AEM is installed.
    2015 3.0 Ecodiesel/Big Horn/1500/QCSB/4x4
    2016 Arctic Fox/Travel Trailer 22G/Onboard LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1260 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OldMiner View Post

PDF file with extended warranty in it .
    Résumé :..........""The Approved Emissions Modification Extended Warranty
    will not void any outstanding warranty. If there is a conflict between the Extended Warranty
    and any outstanding warranty, that conflict will be resolved to your benefit. The warranty
    term is the greater of (i) 10 years from the date of initial sale or 120,000 actual miles
    on the vehicle odometer, whichever comes first; and (ii) 4 years or 48,000 miles from the
    date and mileage of installing the Approved Emissions Modification on the vehicle, whichever
    comes first. In no event shall the Extended Warranty apply to or provide any coverage for
    Eligible Vehicles after May 1, 2029. In the event that an Eligible Vehicle that has received
    the Approved Emissions Modification is resold, the remaining Extended Warranty Period,
    if any, is transferable to subsequent purchasers and shall continue through the date or
    mileage determined in this Paragraph for the benefit of such subsequent purchasers.
    The Extended Warranty also provides buyback protections to any Eligible Owner or Eligible
    Lessee of an Eligible Vehicle that receives the AEM in the event that, during the 18 months
    or 18,000 miles, (whichever comes first) following the completion of the (the “Remedy Period”), Fiat
    Chrysler fails to repair or remedy a confirmed failure or
    malfunction covered by the Extended Warranty and associated with the AEM (a “Warrantable
    Failure”) after the Eligible Owner or Eligible Lessee physically presents the Eligible
    Vehicle to a Fiat Chrysler Authorized Dealer for repair of the Warrantable Failure; and
    (1) the Warrantable Failure is unable to be remedied after making four separate service
    visits to the same Fiat Chrysler Authorized Dealer for the same Warrantable Failure during
    the Remedy Period; or (2) the Eligible Vehicle with the Warrantable Failure is out-of-service
    due to the Warrantable Failure for a cumulative total of thirty (30) days during the Remedy
    Period, not including any days when the Dealer returns or otherwise tenders the Eligible
    Vehicle to the customer while the Fiat Chrysler Authorized Dealer awaits necessary parts
    and such vehicle remains Operable. Additional detail regarding the Extended Warranty can
    be found in Paragraph 45 and Appendix E of the Consent Decree.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 84 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links