**BREAKING** FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement

**BREAKING** FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement

This is a discussion on **BREAKING** FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; All - I’ve seen a lot of people asking to try to post some condensed summary of the settlement details on the front page for ...

Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree609Likes

Thread: **BREAKING** FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie EcoDiesel
    Liked
    49 times

Exclamation **BREAKING** FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement

All - I’ve seen a lot of people asking to try to post some condensed summary of the settlement details on the front page for convenience. I’ve gone ahead and edited my first post (original preserved below).

If there’s a better way I welcome an administrator’s assistance.

Settlement Graphic- credit Big_John:
    **BREAKING** FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement-50cd1922-f49c-4ca3-9e33-627a1d8e5279.png

Settlement Summary - credit Howie12:

here is a summary contained inthe settlement docs. THe original owner has up to 21 months after the settlement is approved to claim it. Seems to me claims timing will depend upon your current warranty status, factory or aftermarket, and future plans to keep the truck.

CLAIMS DEADLINES
    To claim compensation in the Class Action Settlement, Class Members must submit a complete
    and valid claim by the applicable claims deadline.
    Eligible Former Owners and Eligible Former Lessees must file a complete and valid Claim
    within 90 days of the day that the Court enters the Final Approval Order (the “Effective
    Date”).
    All other Class Members must submit a complete and valid Claim within 21 months of the
    Effective Date.
    CLAIMS SUBMISSION PROCESS
    1. The Class Member Learns About the Class Action Settlement. The Court-approved
    Class Notice Program informs Class Members about the Class Action Settlement, including
    the availability of the Approved Emissions Modification, the estimated amount of
    compensation that they can expect to receive under the Class Action Settlement, and other
    benefits available under the Class Action Settlement and FCA’s settlement with the United
    States.
    1 If a Class Member becomes an Eligible Former Owner or Eligible Former Lessee because their
    Eligible Vehicle is transferred to a third party after January 10, 2019 as a result of a total loss,
    but before the AEM is performed, the deadline to submit a complete and valid claim is the later
    of (1) 90 days from the Effective Date, or (2) 60 days after title is transferred (for Eligible
    Former Owners) or 60 days after surrendering the leased vehicle under the terms of the lease (for
    Eligible Former Lessees). In no event, however, will the deadline extend beyond 21 months
    from the Effective Date.
    - 1 -

Case 3:17-md-02777-EMC Document 487-4 Filed 01/10/19 Page 2 of 5
    Information about the Class Action Settlement and Claims Program will be available through
    the Settlement Website and Claims Portal (www.EcoDieselSettlement.com) and by phone
    (1-833-280-4748). Starting on January 24, 2019, Class Members who wish to receive
    general email updates about the Class Action Settlement may sign up through the Settlement
    Website by providing the following information: (i) the Class Member’s name; (ii) contact
    information, including email, mailing address, and phone number; and (iii) Vehicle
    Identification Number (“VIN”).
    2. The Class Member Files an Initial Claim. The Class Member will submit a Claim Form
    and required documentation. Class Members will be notified when Claim Forms may be
    submitted, but FCA will not be required to review any Claim Forms until the Claims Period
    begins on the Effective Date.
    As part of submitting a Claim, Class Members will provide required information and
    documentation, including, but not limited to, a driver’s license or other government-issued
    identification, the dates the Class Member owned or leased the Eligible Vehicle, sufficient
    proof of current or former ownership or lease (as applicable), and the current vehicle
    registration (if applicable). Additional information may be required to verify eligibility.
    Class Members can submit an electronic Claim Form online through the Claims Portal, or a
    paper Claim Form by mail to an address to be supplied by FCA. Class Members will receive
    a Claim number after their online Claim has been submitted or their paper Claim has been
    received.
    3. FCA Reviews the Claim. Once the Claim has been submitted and the Claims Program has
    begun, FCA will review and verify the Class Member’s Claim Form and document package
    for completeness and eligibility. FCA will confirm that the document package is complete,
    or notify the Class Member that there is a deficiency with the document package and/or that
    more information is needed. FCA will make Class Member Claim Forms and document
    packages available to Class Counsel and the Claims Administrator upon request.
    4. FCA Notifies Class Members of Eligibility. FCA will notify Class Members of their
    eligibility or ineligibility within 10 business days after confirmation that the document
    package is complete and extend offers to eligible Class Members. Class Members who
    submit Claims through the Claims Portal will receive their offers through the Claims Portal.
    Class Members who submit paper Claims will receive their offers by mail or, if they choose,
    through the Claims Portal.
    Eligible Owners who submit valid Claims during the initial 90 days after the Effective Date
    will receive offers explaining that they are eligible for an initial payment of $2,460, and an
    additional, later payment of $615 if no Eligible Former Owner or Eligible Former Lessee
    makes a valid claim for compensation related to the same vehicle within 90 days of the
    Effective Date. Eligible Owners receiving such offers may instead choose to receive a single
    lump-sum payment after 90 days from the Effective Date, which will be $2,460 if an Eligible
    Former Owner or Eligible Former Lessee has made a valid claim for the vehicle, or $3,075 if
    no other Eligible Former Owner or Eligible Former Lessee has made a valid claim for the
    vehicle.
    - 2 -
    Case 3:17-md-02777-EMC Document 487-4 Filed 01/10/19 Page 3 of 5
    5. The Class Member Accepts Offer & Schedules Appointment. To accept an offer, the
    Class Member will be required to submit a completed offer package, including a signed and
    notarized Individual Release, as set forth in Section 9.7 of the Class Action Settlement. Class
    Members who have submitted their completed offer package may then schedule an
    appointment to receive an Approved Emissions Modification for their Eligible Vehicles at an
    Authorized Dealer .
    6. The Class Member Completes an Appointment & Receives Payment. The Class
    Member’s Eligible Vehicle must be brought to an Authorized Dealer to receive the Approved
    Emissions Modification, free of charge. In certain circumstances, if a Class Member lives in
    a location without an accessible Authorized Dealer, another FCA service provider will offer
    the Approved Emissions Modification. FCA will provide a loaner vehicle at no cost to the
    Class Member for any Approved Emissions Modification that is scheduled to take longer
    than three hours or that is not complete within three hours of the scheduled start of the
    appointment. The Authorized Dealer (or FCA service provider) will then perform the
    Approved Emissions Modification and will confirm to FCA that the Approved Emissions
    Modification has been completed, which will trigger the Class Member Payment process.
    The Class Member will then receive a payment or payments, as described in Exhibit 1 to the
    Class Action Settlement.
    A

My oringal post:

All - Quick Post just saw this article online tonight.

Looks like EPA + CARB will settle with FCA concerning ongoing ecodiesel emissions fight.

Highlights:
    • Financial Penalty Paid to EPA & CARB for Failure to Disclose
    • No Admittance of Wrongdoing or Intent to Deceive Emissions Requirements
    • Affected Owners to Receive Approximately $2,800.00 from civil lawsuit.
    • Expected approval finalized software refresh for 2014-2016 model year vehicles.

Source:
    https://jalopnik.com/fiat-chrysler-t...ssi-1831626680

I wouldn't mind $2,800 if this works out to be the way its described. I love my ED and it'll go straight to GDE + my payment.
    Last edited by grock87; 01-10-2019 at 07:49 PM.
    -----
    '16 Laramie, 3.92 rear axle, 4x4

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Longhorn 3.0 & GDE
    Liked
    563 times
    Cool...2,800 will subsidize about 150,000 miles worth of fuel over petrol for a HEMI...puts me at 325,000k 3 years from now and a lot of extra money for booze in between...

NEVER considered this in my 'break even' equation...suppose I should be thankful every time I hit a bump and psychologically see a bearing rolling across the road out my rear-view mirror LmFao
    Ofishl1 likes this.
    2002 Excursion Limited 7.3 w/ 282k and counting
    2016 Longhorn ED with GDE 191k / 4,550 hrs and counting

Towing #s: https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...tml#post872001

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 1500 Laramie CC SWB GDE Eco-diesel 4X4
    Liked
    982 times
    Looks like I can buy a brush guard for the old girl!
    2015 Ram Laramie Crew Cab, short box, 4X4, GDE Tune, western brown with canyon brown light frost beige W/BENCH SEAT, wheel to wheel bars, front windows tinted 15%, 8.4AN radio and more gadgets than I know what to do with!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    499 times
    I wouldn't mind $2,800 if this works out to be the way its described. I love my ED and it'll go straight to GDE + my payment.
    Yep, the ironic part is that many will find tunners to reverse the neutering effects of the reflash. In the long run there will be zero positive effect on the environment. The EPA has only accomplished raising the future cost of purchasing EDs. Provided the ED in America still has a future.
    VernDiesel, Ram1, fxober and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2338 times
    The 2800 is about the upcharge for the diesel in 2014. Perhaps that was the logic if it is correct.
    RudolfDiesel and Thermorex like this.

Member #
    Liked
    257 times
    Hi: All... What about us second owners in Canada? I won't spend any even if I hear "The cheque is in the mail"!!!
    Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

Member #
    Liked
    364 times
    Dang it, I just sold mine last week. I'm betting this won't apply to previous owners because it's probably intended to serve as incentive to have the vehicle brought in for a flash.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Tradesman 2WD CC GC
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinRam View Post
    ...intended to serve as incentive to have the vehicle brought in for a flash.
    It's been 5 years. Maybe they've come up with a flash that makes EPA happy and isn't any worse, perhaps better, for our trucks than the original tune. I imagine that it would be the same tune as the 2017+'s and I don't hear them crying that their trucks are gutless or failing at higher numbers.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel St quad cab 2wd.
    Liked
    186 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldragon View Post
    Hi: All... What about us second owners in Canada? I won't spend any even if I hear "The cheque is in the mail"!!!
    Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.
    Good question.. Maybe we will get a "shaft" again.. Lol

N 48° 38.680, W 080° 40.837 (Northern Ontario)
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 SLT, QC, Ram Box, Black Forest Green, Canyon Brown
    Liked
    280 times
    It's a rumour ...... yet again ...... distributed via an online rag. Wait for the real thing .... which should be an announcement by FCA in conjunction with the EPA. Until then it's just more .... endlessly more ... speculation.
    97hmcs and Thermorex like this.

Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links