Extended Warranty / Settlement - Page 2

Extended Warranty / Settlement

This is a discussion on Extended Warranty / Settlement within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Originally Posted by Major Dad Compare the emissions components warranty offered under the settlement to the standard warranty offered by FCA. More parts are covered ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Extended Warranty / Settlement

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 with 3:55
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Dad View Post
    Compare the emissions components warranty offered under the settlement to the standard warranty offered by FCA. More parts are covered and for a much longer period of time. Federally mandated warranty for emissions components is 2 years/24,000 miles. FCA extends this to 3 years/36,000 miles. There is an additional standard 8 years/80,000 miles for the powertrain control module, the oxidation catalyst/particulate filter assembly - 3.0L and the selective catalytic reduction catalyst assembly - 3.0L only. So the settlement warranty extends all of these to 10 years/100,000 miles. Seems like a good deal when combined with the 10 year/100,000 drive train warranty that is standard in the US.

Like my Wall Street Lawyer always tells me, read the documents, people.
    Doesn't seem like a bad deal to me either, but I thought the standard powertrain warranty in US was 5yr/100,000 miles.

Member #
    Liked
    67 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Dad View Post
    Seems like a good deal when combined with the 10 year/100,000 drive train warranty that is standard in the US.

Like my Wall Street Lawyer always tells me, read the documents, people.
    When was the Ram ecodiesel ever sold with a 10yr powertrain warranty? My 2014 has a 5 year powertrain warranty.

RAM Jr Member slydogd@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    Ram 2016 Big Horn crew cab
    Liked
    4 times
    So I had to pick up a vehicle out of state it was a 5 hour plus drive. I was excited to haul such a heavy load that far. UNTIL the cursed truck of mine came with a error light for service def system see dealer. Well no big deal i should be ok. Then a while later another message. Service Def system motor will not turn on in so many miles. Just great. So basically the truck ran for 12 hours straight. Until i was safe home and i could mess with things. The starter relay bypass trick works great just in case anyone is wondering. I wasnt sure as the video i seen was on a 14 and mine is a 16. So i still had to do a dump run the next day so i loaded it back up and used it again the next day. Now another message shows on top of it saying motor will not restart and also motor will not go over 5mph. However it never kept me under 5mph. Dealer finally had an opening today so the recalls and this DEF problem are being looked at. So from what i see on this warranty update i should be completely covered. Right? Dealer said he found a leak so far and they did the recalls already. The dealers are really clueless on the whole ecodiesel news. they had no idea what i was talking about. This only happens because i ordered new tires and wheel bearings and thought maybe the curse is behind me and the 3rd motor was built right.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    20 times
    Overall I wonder why extending the warranty is in scope. Does including the warranty extension represent an acknowledgement or a concern that the flash will result in an engine that is harder on the emissions system than it was before the mod? That's the message is sends to me. If that's not it, maybe it's just an attempt to give tuned drivers an incentive not to change back to tuned after the mod. Lastly perhaps it's just icing on the "cash cake" to encourage owners to get the flash update.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links