FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement Website - Page 17

FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement Website

This is a discussion on FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement Website within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; From what I've read the deal isn't complete and binding until you cash the check....

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement Website

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie
    Liked
    215 times
    From what I've read the deal isn't complete and binding until you cash the check.
    2015 Laramie CC 4X4, Protection Group, Convenience Group, Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group, Anti Spin Diff, 3.55, Remote Start, Uconnect 8.4AN w/Altec Lansing Speakers(9), Romik Steps, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Dual Liner, AMP BedStep, Stampede Hood Protector, Edge Insight CTS2
    Gatortrax One MX Tonneau cover, Husky Centerpoint TS Hitch, Total Load Control Air Bags
    Build 12/2014

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 RAM 1500 ED BigHorn (Bright Red)
    Liked
    68 times
    speaking of checks, has anyone gotten theirs? the website shows mine is mailed but that was nearly a week ago.
    Ken
    '16 RAM 1500 ED Bighorn 4x4 - the sexy bright red one
    It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance? -- Ronald Reagan

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Check

Quote Originally Posted by Kyler View Post
    speaking of checks, has anyone gotten theirs? the website shows mine is mailed but that was nearly a week ago.
    The check was in the mail today.
    Dave

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram ED Crew Cab Big Horn
    Liked
    77 times
    My last email from FCA stating all paperwork complete!

"Fiat Chrysler will send your settlement check in the mail within six weeks after we receive confirmation from your dealer that your vehicle has the Approved Emissions Modification installed."

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie Longhorn
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bill-e View Post
    From what I've read the deal isn't complete and binding until you cash the check.
    The attorney told me yesterday when you submit the claim initially and sign the form you have agreed to be part of the class action group and it is binding.

The separate issue is whether they have broken the agreement by not performing according to their representations. That will probably require a second law suit unless the current attorneys see enough evidence that they decide to take it on in this class action.

2015 Ram Laramie Longhorn EcoDiesel crew cab, longer bed, original owner, recovering after AEM update
    2004 Mini Cooper S, British Racing Green, excellent condition, original owner
    1956 VW Bug, light blue, second owner since 1970, under restoration from the ground up (wheels are done!)

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie
    Liked
    215 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovelybrook View Post
    The attorney told me yesterday when you submit the claim initially and sign the form you have agreed to be part of the class action group and it is binding.

The separate issue is whether they have broken the agreement by not performing according to their representations. That will probably require a second law suit unless the current attorneys see enough evidence that they decide to take it on in this class action.
    According to the release we all signed, it is not binding until you receive payment.

"You must send both the signed offer letter and the signed and notarized release form before your acceptance
    is considered complete. The release only becomes effective and binding after you receive any payment."
    2015 Laramie CC 4X4, Protection Group, Convenience Group, Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group, Anti Spin Diff, 3.55, Remote Start, Uconnect 8.4AN w/Altec Lansing Speakers(9), Romik Steps, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Dual Liner, AMP BedStep, Stampede Hood Protector, Edge Insight CTS2
    Gatortrax One MX Tonneau cover, Husky Centerpoint TS Hitch, Total Load Control Air Bags
    Build 12/2014

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 RAM 1500 ED BigHorn (Bright Red)
    Liked
    68 times
    I got my check yesterday! Just barely...Momma had it in her hands and I said it was about the recall...so I didn't lie!
    Ken
    '16 RAM 1500 ED Bighorn 4x4 - the sexy bright red one
    It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance? -- Ronald Reagan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie Longhorn
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bill-e View Post
    According to the release we all signed, it is not binding until you receive payment.

"You must send both the signed offer letter and the signed and notarized release form before your acceptance
    is considered complete. The release only becomes effective and binding after you receive any payment."
    I haven't seen the final paperwork. Stuck in hourglass purgatory. That language is pretty clear. If that's it, the class action attorney is not stating things accurately.

Until I figure out if my truck will ever be the same, I am not going to sign a release.

At the dealer's yesterday, there was muttering behind the desk, "they are going to have to do something about this... " I feel for the dealers. They are the shock absorbers with the public and don't have much they can say while feeling badly about it.

Would love to be a fly on the wall at FCA right now and hear what is being said about all this. The more people drive and experience different conditions, it seems the more people get a wake up call that their truck has been majorly impacted. I noticed the problem immediately because I have to drive up a hill right out of my driveway and I never gave it a second thought. We zoomed up the hill. After the update, I drove the same way as always and we stopped dead in the middle of the hill. I had to put the pedal to the floor to start moving again and it was lugging and jerking and then boom suddenly shot forward. I remember thinking, "this cannot be good." I would never get a trailer up this little hill and I bought the truck to eventually tow.

Good luck everyone.

2015 Ram Laramie Longhorn EcoDiesel crew cab, longer bed, original owner, recovering after AEM update
    2004 Mini Cooper S, British Racing Green, excellent condition, original owner
    1956 VW Bug, light blue, second owner since 1970, under restoration from the ground up (wheels are done!)

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovelybrook View Post
    I haven't seen the final paperwork. Stuck in hourglass purgatory. That language is pretty clear. If that's it, the class action attorney is not stating things accurately.

Until I figure out if my truck will ever be the same, I am not going to sign a release.

At the dealer's yesterday, there was muttering behind the desk, "they are going to have to do something about this... " I feel for the dealers. They are the shock absorbers with the public and don't have much they can say while feeling badly about it.

Would love to be a fly on the wall at FCA right now and hear what is being said about all this. The more people drive and experience different conditions, it seems the more people get a wake up call that their truck has been majorly impacted. I noticed the problem immediately because I have to drive up a hill right out of my driveway and I never gave it a second thought. We zoomed up the hill. After the update, I drove the same way as always and we stopped dead in the middle of the hill. I had to put the pedal to the floor to start moving again and it was lugging and jerking and then boom suddenly shot forward. I remember thinking, "this cannot be good." I would never get a trailer up this little hill and I bought the truck to eventually tow.

Good luck everyone.
    At first I had to warm up my truck. I updated the 9th of last month. I’ve had no issues since. Pull a dump trailer and have noticed nothing. If any thing it glides through the upper gears. If I had a problem I would be up someone’s butt to get it resolved.

Has anyone produced engine failures data on mine tuned trucks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    So far, snail mailed all documents 5/4. No response as of today.e mailed and received tracking number 6/8. No action since. Had the aem done 6/19. Not the same truck.... I'm not signing release. This has potential for more compensation big time.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Sponsored Links