FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement Website - Page 19

FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement Website

This is a discussion on FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement Website within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Originally Posted by brettfrank DON'T DO IT! Don't! I had the repair done and the truck is now a piece of garbage!! Immediately dropped 3mpg, ...

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement Website

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie Longhorn
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brettfrank View Post
    DON'T DO IT! Don't! I had the repair done and the truck is now a piece of garbage!! Immediately dropped 3mpg, 120 miles less on a tank of diesel than the 2.5 years prior! Now the truck is in the shop while it gets "repaired" again. Problem is, they cannot find a problem! Constantly behaving like it is running out of fuel and then "perks" right back up. The most recent adventure was driving down the freeway at a pleasant 70mph when the truck started whining and shuddering and thick blue/black smoke started pouring out from under the hood. Made it to the emergency lane and shut off the engine. Waited 5 minutes and started the engine again, it fired right up and ran fine for 20 to 30 seconds, then the clacking and shuddering started again, even more severely than the first time. Again, REALLY heavy blue/black smoke pouring out from under the hood. Turned it off and waited another 5 minutes. This time the starter could not get the engine running. Towed to the shop and the service advisor tried to start the engine and it would not even crank, nothing! Told the service advisor what I describe in this post. Service advisor calls me 3 days later and tells me the vehicle is "perfectly fine", nothing wrong that the mechanic could find! Mechanic told me that he came in over the weekend to catch up and the truck started just fine and ran as smooth as could be with no issues other than a code he cleared for the engine running out of fuel. I told him that the vehicle had never run out of fuel (I am the only driver) and he called me a liar! This "fix" is disaster and I am heading towards the 30 days/4 visit buyback program the way things are moving now!
    I'm really sorry this is happening to you. This is exactly why I stopped driving my truck as soon as I realized there was something really different about it. And why I took it home from the dealers as soon as I realized they wouldn't fix what was broken -- the software. I hope you simply get a tune and enjoy your truck again. Unless the engine itself has been damaged now. Such a waste and a shame.

2015 Ram Laramie Longhorn EcoDiesel crew cab, longer bed, original owner, recovering after AEM update
    2004 Mini Cooper S, British Racing Green, excellent condition, original owner
    1956 VW Bug, light blue, second owner since 1970, under restoration from the ground up (wheels are done!)

Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Received Email from FCA, missing required item which is co-owner govt issued ID, will send that and see what happens.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Sponsored Links