FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement Website - Page 3

FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement Website

This is a discussion on FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement Website within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Originally Posted by twakefield So the real question on our minds how does this impact those of us with GDE tune. Do I need to ...

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement Website

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM Bighorn
    Liked
    257 times
    Quote Originally Posted by twakefield View Post
    So the real question on our minds how does this impact those of us with GDE tune. Do I need to order in a stock tuned ECU from GDE and go in for the reflash so I can get the $3000 and then put my tuned ECU back in?
    No and yes. You don't have to order the stock tune from GDE. You could find a used one (look up wrecked trucks) and take it to the dealer and have them flash it for you. Costs about $100-150 for dealer to flash. Tell the dealer your current ECM is dead and you need this one flashed so you can install it. If they balk find a new dealer. You could ask GDE about them doing it but they just take it to a dealer.

Yes, you do have to have a stock ECM tune in your truck with all the hardware (DEF, DPF, EGR, SCR) intact when you go in for the 'update' which is likely just an ECM flash. If you don't have one of those items the dealers will refuse to complete the work (and paperwork) until you bring it back into spec. That is written directly into the documents.
    2014 RAM Ecodiesel Bighorn
    2014 Dodge Durango V6 3.6L

Member #
    Vehicle
    Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, GMC Duramax, Ford 7.3 diesel
    Liked
    3148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pizza442 View Post
    Wait a minute, what model years does this 7/70 Calif. warranty cover??
    I downloaded this in 2014 and haven't checked since, but it must include newer trucks as well. CA only get more stringent as time goes on...

CA Emissions Warranty.pdf
    Gene

2014 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel
    2001 GMC 2500HD Duramax diesel
    1992 Ford E350 Navistar diesel

"Science prevails over bullshit and superstition"
    -Me

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 4X4 Big Horn Eco Diesel
    Liked
    35 times
    I too got the Settlement information in February 2019, called my dealer to have him do "the fix"... he had no idea what I was talking about.
    2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Eco Diesel, Geno's Garage Magnetic Fuel Cap, Blue aluminum DEF cap, cabin filter, Dee Zee steps, Rear floor storage Lock Kit, HI-Lift Jack, SNUGTop Hi-Liner Shell, bed liner and Weather Tech floor mats
    1971 Jaguar XJ, SBC ZZ4 with Comp Cam 383/200R, EZ-EFI 2.0 Fuel Injection, 410 HP and 470# torque, daily driver

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4316 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rogermabry View Post
    I too got the Settlement information in February 2019, called my dealer to have him do "the fix"... he had no idea what I was talking about.
    There is no update available yet. The court will hold a hearing on May 3, 2019 and will decide whether to approve the settlements on or after that date.

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phprof View Post
    Yes, you do have to have a stock ECM tune in your truck when you go in for the 'update' which is likely just an ECM flash.
    Why? The dealer can flash over a tuned ECM the same as a stock ECM. Can you explain why a stock tune would be necessary when going to the dealer for the update?

You are correct that the remaining emissions equipment needs to be intact, but a person should be able to get the update with a GDE Hot Tune installed.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM Bighorn
    Liked
    257 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    Why? The dealer can flash over a tuned ECM the same as a stock ECM. Can you explain why a stock tune would be necessary when going to the dealer for the update?

You are correct that the remaining emissions equipment needs to be intact, but a person should be able to get the update with a GDE Hot Tune installed.
    Yes, the dealer can flash over, however, the full document online states the ECM tune has to be "stock". Now your dealer might just ignore the tune and flash over it.
    2014 RAM Ecodiesel Bighorn
    2014 Dodge Durango V6 3.6L

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram diesel
    Liked
    13 times
    I have a question, if the GDE tune is the answer to all the problems, our trucks are having, and I see people going to take the $3075 and get a tune the following week, then why can't Ram just do a tune on the 114,000 trucks out there and make sure the emission work? . If the GDE tune makes the truck last longer and run better then why are the engineers from Ram not looking into it? Is there something about the GDE tune that is bad for the truck? I have no idea about the GDE tune, Only what I see here, and how people are running out to have it installed, but would like to know what is it that is so great about the GDE tune . I am thinking seriously about opt out of any settlement. So far, my truck has been with no problems, 40,000 miles and I would like it to stay that way.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phprof View Post
    Yes, the dealer can flash over, however, the full document online states the ECM tune has to be "stock". Now your dealer might just ignore the tune and flash over it.
    LOL the dealer doesn't even know the tune is there.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by justlucky View Post
    I have a question, if the GDE tune is the answer to all the problems, our trucks are having, and I see people going to take the $3075 and get a tune the following week, then why can't Ram just do a tune on the 114,000 trucks out there and make sure the emission work? . If the GDE tune makes the truck last longer and run better then why are the engineers from Ram not looking into it? Is there something about the GDE tune that is bad for the truck? I have no idea about the GDE tune, Only what I see here, and how people are running out to have it installed, but would like to know what is it that is so great about the GDE tune . I am thinking seriously about opt out of any settlement. So far, my truck has been with no problems, 40,000 miles and I would like it to stay that way.
    FCA (Ram) is heavily restricted by the EPA. These restrictions are not good for the engine. Your Federal Govt is why we can't have nice things.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel Laramie Crew.
    Liked
    194 times
    Quote Originally Posted by twakefield View Post
    So the real question on our minds how does this impact those of us with GDE tune. Do I need to order in a stock tuned ECU from GDE and go in for the reflash so I can get the $3000 and then put my tuned ECU back in?
    This is exactly why I bought a used ECM and had GDE tune that one. Paid about $220 for the ECM off of Car-Part. Took my old ECM out and it is sitting on the shelf, ironically with codes on it and in limp mode from my fiasco. I will be taking my truck to the dealer, swapping ECMs in his parking lot, have him flash it and then put my GDE tuned ECM back in. In fact, if they can do the update without the ECM in the truck I will just walk in there with my stock ECM in my hand. The dealer paid for my tune so they are well aware that I have one. LOL. Yes, you read that correctly.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links