FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement Website - Page 3

FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement Website

This is a discussion on FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement Website within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Originally Posted by twakefield So the real question on our minds how does this impact those of us with GDE tune. Do I need to ...

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 160
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement Website

  1. #21
    RAM Professional phprof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    UP North
    Posts
    556
    Member #
    23562
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM Bighorn
    Liked
    257 times
    Quote Originally Posted by twakefield View Post
    So the real question on our minds how does this impact those of us with GDE tune. Do I need to order in a stock tuned ECU from GDE and go in for the reflash so I can get the $3000 and then put my tuned ECU back in?
    No and yes. You don't have to order the stock tune from GDE. You could find a used one (look up wrecked trucks) and take it to the dealer and have them flash it for you. Costs about $100-150 for dealer to flash. Tell the dealer your current ECM is dead and you need this one flashed so you can install it. If they balk find a new dealer. You could ask GDE about them doing it but they just take it to a dealer.

    Yes, you do have to have a stock ECM tune in your truck with all the hardware (DEF, DPF, EGR, SCR) intact when you go in for the 'update' which is likely just an ECM flash. If you don't have one of those items the dealers will refuse to complete the work (and paperwork) until you bring it back into spec. That is written directly into the documents.
    2014 RAM Ecodiesel Bighorn
    2014 Dodge Durango V6 3.6L

  2. #22
    RAM Silver Member Anomaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    4,173
    Member #
    2200
    Vehicle
    Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, GMC Duramax, Ford 7.3 diesel
    Liked
    3148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pizza442 View Post
    Wait a minute, what model years does this 7/70 Calif. warranty cover??
    I downloaded this in 2014 and haven't checked since, but it must include newer trucks as well. CA only get more stringent as time goes on...

    CA Emissions Warranty.pdf
    Gene

    2014 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel
    2001 GMC 2500HD Duramax diesel
    1992 Ford E350 Navistar diesel

    "Science prevails over bullshit and superstition"
    -Me

  3. #23
    RAM Jr Member rogermabry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Glendora, CA
    Posts
    98
    Member #
    6705
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 4X4 Big Horn Eco Diesel
    Liked
    35 times
    I too got the Settlement information in February 2019, called my dealer to have him do "the fix"... he had no idea what I was talking about.
    2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Eco Diesel, Geno's Garage Magnetic Fuel Cap, Blue aluminum DEF cap, cabin filter, Dee Zee steps, Rear floor storage Lock Kit, HI-Lift Jack, SNUGTop Hi-Liner Shell, bed liner and Weather Tech floor mats
    1971 Jaguar XJ, SBC ZZ4 with Comp Cam 383/200R, EZ-EFI 2.0 Fuel Injection, 410 HP and 470# torque, daily driver

  4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Administrator 97hmcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Location: Location, Location
    Posts
    7,447
    Member #
    1428
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4316 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rogermabry View Post
    I too got the Settlement information in February 2019, called my dealer to have him do "the fix"... he had no idea what I was talking about.
    There is no update available yet. The court will hold a hearing on May 3, 2019 and will decide whether to approve the settlements on or after that date.

  6. #25
    RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Southern IL
    Posts
    3,277
    Member #
    7966
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phprof View Post
    Yes, you do have to have a stock ECM tune in your truck when you go in for the 'update' which is likely just an ECM flash.
    Why? The dealer can flash over a tuned ECM the same as a stock ECM. Can you explain why a stock tune would be necessary when going to the dealer for the update?

    You are correct that the remaining emissions equipment needs to be intact, but a person should be able to get the update with a GDE Hot Tune installed.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

  7. #26
    RAM Professional phprof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    UP North
    Posts
    556
    Member #
    23562
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM Bighorn
    Liked
    257 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    Why? The dealer can flash over a tuned ECM the same as a stock ECM. Can you explain why a stock tune would be necessary when going to the dealer for the update?

    You are correct that the remaining emissions equipment needs to be intact, but a person should be able to get the update with a GDE Hot Tune installed.
    Yes, the dealer can flash over, however, the full document online states the ECM tune has to be "stock". Now your dealer might just ignore the tune and flash over it.
    2014 RAM Ecodiesel Bighorn
    2014 Dodge Durango V6 3.6L

  8. #27
    RAM Jr Member justlucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calabash NC
    Posts
    38
    Member #
    16305
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram diesel
    Liked
    13 times
    I have a question, if the GDE tune is the answer to all the problems, our trucks are having, and I see people going to take the $3075 and get a tune the following week, then why can't Ram just do a tune on the 114,000 trucks out there and make sure the emission work? . If the GDE tune makes the truck last longer and run better then why are the engineers from Ram not looking into it? Is there something about the GDE tune that is bad for the truck? I have no idea about the GDE tune, Only what I see here, and how people are running out to have it installed, but would like to know what is it that is so great about the GDE tune . I am thinking seriously about opt out of any settlement. So far, my truck has been with no problems, 40,000 miles and I would like it to stay that way.

  9. #28
    RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Southern IL
    Posts
    3,277
    Member #
    7966
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phprof View Post
    Yes, the dealer can flash over, however, the full document online states the ECM tune has to be "stock". Now your dealer might just ignore the tune and flash over it.
    LOL the dealer doesn't even know the tune is there.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

  10. #29
    RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Southern IL
    Posts
    3,277
    Member #
    7966
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by justlucky View Post
    I have a question, if the GDE tune is the answer to all the problems, our trucks are having, and I see people going to take the $3075 and get a tune the following week, then why can't Ram just do a tune on the 114,000 trucks out there and make sure the emission work? . If the GDE tune makes the truck last longer and run better then why are the engineers from Ram not looking into it? Is there something about the GDE tune that is bad for the truck? I have no idea about the GDE tune, Only what I see here, and how people are running out to have it installed, but would like to know what is it that is so great about the GDE tune . I am thinking seriously about opt out of any settlement. So far, my truck has been with no problems, 40,000 miles and I would like it to stay that way.
    FCA (Ram) is heavily restricted by the EPA. These restrictions are not good for the engine. Your Federal Govt is why we can't have nice things.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

  11. #30
    RAM Veteran 7milesup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    423
    Member #
    36326
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel Laramie Crew.
    Liked
    194 times
    Quote Originally Posted by twakefield View Post
    So the real question on our minds how does this impact those of us with GDE tune. Do I need to order in a stock tuned ECU from GDE and go in for the reflash so I can get the $3000 and then put my tuned ECU back in?
    This is exactly why I bought a used ECM and had GDE tune that one. Paid about $220 for the ECM off of Car-Part. Took my old ECM out and it is sitting on the shelf, ironically with codes on it and in limp mode from my fiasco. I will be taking my truck to the dealer, swapping ECMs in his parking lot, have him flash it and then put my GDE tuned ECM back in. In fact, if they can do the update without the ECM in the truck I will just walk in there with my stock ECM in my hand. The dealer paid for my tune so they are well aware that I have one. LOL. Yes, you read that correctly.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. **BREAKING** FCA 3.0L Diesel Settlement
    By grock87 in forum FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification)
    Replies: 926
    Last Post: Yesterday, 04:34 PM
  2. FCA Settlement / Low Coolant - EGR Failure
    By kyfisherman1 in forum RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-26-2019, 10:56 AM
  3. Any updates on FCA settlement / I have issues with my EGR
    By kyfisherman1 in forum RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2019, 11:25 AM
  4. FCA diesel settlement update (12/19/17)
    By kmcintyre in forum RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion
    Replies: 361
    Last Post: 07-05-2018, 09:52 AM

Search tags for this page

ecodiesel settlement website

,
ecoduesel flash settlement
,
ff9ilpiihsbt3grxgfy8kp3lmxyurq8gaer4ev-3rihw-m6dlw yxa9dfpw2uspye8nr5jgnwvuxgqvainlpkcgap2hqm3w-tqgjzy64fytddb8bui3cvuuw
,
ram ecodiesel settlement
Click on a term to search for related topics.