So you're tuned and worried about the AEM update - Page 3

So you're tuned and worried about the AEM update

This is a discussion on So you're tuned and worried about the AEM update within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; I believe it's relatively easy to pump out the distilled water in your DEF tank, I remember seeing a youtube video, just remove fill hose ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: So you're tuned and worried about the AEM update

Member #
    Vehicle
    17 ECODIESEL
    Liked
    345 times
    I believe it's relatively easy to pump out the distilled water in your DEF tank, I remember seeing a youtube video, just remove fill hose at the tank, drop in a hose from a hand pump and pump it out. Personally, I'd use a pump, not siphon by mouth, hehe.
    17 CC 4X4 Bighorn Ecodiesel GDE Hot Tune, 08 Arctic Cat 700 Super Duty Turbo Diesel ATV

Member #
    Liked
    536 times
    Many are way over thinking the AEM. If you are tuned, and not emissions deleted, there are two main options:

1. If you have a spare ECU, swap it out before the AEM, then swap in your tuned ECU after the AEM. Relax and wait for check.

2. If you do not have a spare ECU just let them overwrite the tune, then send the ECU back in to be re-tuned after AEM. Relax and wait for re-tuned ECU and check.

In the unfortunate event that your dash lights up like a Christmas tree post AEM, scream and bitch to have it fixed on the post AEM extended warranty. You drove in with no CELs and should expect to drive out without any.

There are a few uppity high and mighty folks who would impugn the integrity of the tuned who are participating in the settlement with the intent to retune immediately upon exiting the service department. I suspect most of them are from California and are envious and jealous of those who are privileged to be tuned. We can't tune, so therefore, you should not be tuned.

Actually, the settlement does state that the vehicle be emissions intact upon arrival for the AEM. Obtaining the AEM qualifies one for the refund. The tuned will comply with that requirement. There is no stipulation that one has to stay emissions compliant to retain the refund. So, the previously tuned are free to retune, or the untuned may obtain a tune if they so desire. Well, as long as they do not live in California.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1327 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HYDREX View Post
    I believe it's relatively easy to pump out the distilled water in your DEF tank, I remember seeing a youtube video, just remove fill hose at the tank, drop in a hose from a hand pump and pump it out. Personally, I'd use a pump, not siphon by mouth, hehe.
    video here again , I personnally used that method , just need strong fingers ,
    I used the kind of small pump you put on the end of a drill to syphon one gallon.
    Captainmal and HYDREX like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel Laramie Crew.
    Liked
    206 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselfever View Post
    Many are way over thinking the AEM. If you are tuned, and not emissions deleted, there are two main options:

1. If you have a spare ECU, swap it out before the AEM, then swap in your tuned ECU after the AEM. Relax and wait for check.

2. If you do not have a spare ECU just let them overwrite the tune, then send the ECU back in to be re-tuned after AEM. Relax and wait for re-tuned ECU and check.

In the unfortunate event that your dash lights up like a Christmas tree post AEM, scream and bitch to have it fixed on the post AEM extended warranty. You drove in with no CELs and should expect to drive out without any.

There are a few uppity high and mighty folks who would impugn the integrity of the tuned who are participating in the settlement with the intent to retune immediately upon exiting the service department. I suspect most of them are from California and are envious and jealous of those who are privileged to be tuned. We can't tune, so therefore, you should not be tuned.

Actually, the settlement does state that the vehicle be emissions intact upon arrival for the AEM. Obtaining the AEM qualifies one for the refund. The tuned will comply with that requirement. There is no stipulation that one has to stay emissions compliant to retain the refund. So, the previously tuned are free to retune, or the untuned may obtain a tune if they so desire. Well, as long as they do not live in California.
    Well said.
    jsintx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Translation: "If you're vehicle is tuned/deleted, please restore it back to it's stock configuration before you bring it in for the recall (if possible) so that we can all be happier. Thanks."
    2015 Limited, 3.55 LSD, bought 1/2017 (36k miles). GDE tuned since 3/17, 73k miles and counting.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 RAM 1500
    Liked
    10 times
    @navyr113 What you said. Which means for me adding back the fully removed EGR...good thing I kept all the pieces...
    2015 CC 6'4"
    Laramie Trim
    HID Lows
    LED Highs
    All else stock

RAM Silver Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1618 times
    Quote Originally Posted by navyr113 View Post
    Translation: "If you're vehicle is tuned/deleted, please restore it back to it's stock configuration before you bring it in for the recall (if possible) so that we can all be happier. Thanks."

Not my interpretation. I don't think anyone that's tuned with emissions intact will have an issue.
    Dieselfever and RudolfDiesel like this.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    Not my interpretation. I don't think anyone that's tuned with emissions intact will have an issue.
    You can interpret it however you like. That's how it reads to me.
    2015 Limited, 3.55 LSD, bought 1/2017 (36k miles). GDE tuned since 3/17, 73k miles and counting.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 1500 Laramie CC SWB GDE Eco-diesel 4X4
    Liked
    987 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselfever View Post

100%

100%

Not sure how that would work for you. The dash is not going to light up like a Christmas tree if you are not deleted. If it lights up after you reinstall the ECM with the replacement tune the dealer is going to reflash the ECM at best OR call FCA/Ram and notify them and ask them what they want them to do. Most likely they will be told to do a reflash and if you show back up at a later date they will tell the dealer to upload the ECM and send the data to them. I'm sure if you are not deleted you will not have an issue with a tune from GDE.

Actually, the settlement does state that the vehicle be emissions intact upon arrival for the AEM. Obtaining the AEM qualifies one for the refund. The tuned will comply with that requirement. There is no stipulation that one has to stay emissions compliant to retain the refund. So, the previously tuned are free to retune, or the untuned may obtain a tune if they so desire. Well, as long as they do not live in California. 100%
    Not sure about the second to last statement, I would hope no one would do something like that.
    2015 Ram Laramie Crew Cab, short box, 4X4, GDE Tune, western brown with canyon brown light frost beige W/BENCH SEAT, wheel to wheel bars, front windows tinted 15%, 8.4AN radio and more gadgets than I know what to do with!

Member #
    Liked
    67 times
    A ECU update shouldn't require the dealer to drive the truck or inspect it. Technician opens drivers door and hooks up OBDII and completes the flash. He unplugs the OBDII cable and tells the service writer the truck is done. It could be that simple.

OR

The technician could go out of his way to look under the truck or when driving the truck out of the service bay it throws a CEL.

I just went ahead and signed up for the lawsuit. Beyond the hassles, I don't think RAM has addressed the engine failures and the warranty doesn't cover engine failures.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links