So you're tuned and worried about the AEM update - Page 7

So you're tuned and worried about the AEM update

This is a discussion on So you're tuned and worried about the AEM update within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Originally Posted by Perrysburg Dodgeboy Myself I would just swap the ECM at home and not have to worry about someone asking me "hay what ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: So you're tuned and worried about the AEM update

Member #
    Liked
    67 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrysburg Dodgeboy View Post
    Myself I would just swap the ECM at home and not have to worry about someone asking me "hay what are you doing? Is it your truck? Yes....yes it is, but why would you want to take the chance that the dealer would report your truck and void any powertrain coverage you have?
    I was thinking the truck would have several CEL by the time I reached the dealership from my house. The ECU it pretty easy and quick to swap.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1353 times
    overlook637 , would there be a shopping center parking lot ,closer to the dealer ,where the swap could be made
    and not give time for multiple CEL to pop up .
    that was my plan , but I wonder about the swap with the hot temp of the DPF just under the ECM
    I only swapped with truck cold , dropeed a bolt both times .
    TwoBobs likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram BigHorn Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2 times
    Well since mine aint tuned yet, i think ill wait till they do the update, then send it off and get it tuned. Of course I'll have to get something nice for the wife so she don't get freaked by the cost. Though there is a nice irony in knowing the money FCA sends me will pay for the tune.
    VernDiesel likes this.
    2014 Ram Big Horn ED
    So I got that going for me, which is nice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    251 times
    If this discussion motivates forum members to minimally do the update with an oem ecm, even if purchased from a junk yard, then I believe that is your best plan. Well,the best is never to take it back to dealer. Delete, remove everything and move on.

This morning in the rv park. Guy next to me with a new dually ctd, hears the eco start cold. Its has become very noisy. I mean it sounds like an old GM v6 diesel.

He walk over and asks if it is deleted and tuned. Geez!!! Now peeps think I'm tuned. O well.
    2015 laramie. Air suspension. 3.92.
    FCA ECM
    2017 ATC 28 front bedroom. 5.5 onan. Empty 6400lbs.
    Andersen WD
    Cooper HD XL
    Nationwide full time for 5 months/year.
    2012 300c AWD Hemi.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1044 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrysburg Dodgeboy View Post
    So did you tell the dealer it is tuned? Otherwise the dealer would have a hard time knowing the truck is tuned.
    You missed his earlier posts where he let us know that his truck was having electrical/electronic gremlins that the dealer was having a hard time diagnosing/fixing. So the dealer actually paid for the tune! And like magic all of the electrical/electronic issues have disappeared.

RAM Silver Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1633 times
    Replacement GDE ECM arrived today, AEM install tomorrow.
    TwoBobs and Kazimodo like this.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4591 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    Replacement GDE ECM arrived today, AEM install tomorrow.
    Please keep us posted. I'll send this thread over to the new section since I missed it earlier. Thanks.
    Bounty Hunter likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    20 times
    I got the GDE tune last Oct or Nov at about 58K - put original ECM back in about a week ago (~65K) and had the AEM done yesterday. Fyi, when I picked up the truck they told me they "drove the truck and completed a regen". I don't know if the installation of the AEM tune invokes the completion of a regen with an 80% plugged message like what happens when you first install a GDE tuned ECM, or if it was just a coincidence that a regen had started and not completed yet before I dropped off the truck. I had driven the truck about 100 miles on the stock ECM before dropping it off at the dealership. I have not put the GDE tuned ECM back in yet.

RAM Silver Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1633 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeson View Post
    I got the GDE tune last Oct or Nov at about 58K - put original ECM back in about a week ago (~65K) and had the AEM done yesterday. Fyi, when I picked up the truck they told me they "drove the truck and completed a regen". I don't know if the installation of the AEM tune invokes the completion of a regen with an 80% plugged message like what happens when you first install a GDE tuned ECM, or if it was just a coincidence that a regen had started and not completed yet before I dropped off the truck.
    I believe every AEM install includes a regen because the ECM's memory is overwritten and it has no knowledge of DPF capacity. This is the same reason the GDE tune comes ready to regen.

Had my AEM installed today. 5 miles from the dealer I get a "Service DEF, See dealer" message on the dash. Oh well, new GDE ecm ready to go in.
    lucskoj and Kazimodo like this.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Sponsored Links