Settlement Approved - Page 2

Settlement Approved

This is a discussion on Settlement Approved within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Originally Posted by howie12 I submitted my claim online today. You need to have a scanner to scan various documents if you are doing it ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Settlement Approved

Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Quote Originally Posted by howie12 View Post
    I submitted my claim online today. You need to have a scanner to scan various documents if you are doing it online. Since I knew where my documents were it took me about 20 minutes to scan and make the files, read the instructions and submit the document and drink 2 beers. Pretty simple. Now waiting for approval.
    Alternatively, in the absence of a scanner, a quick pic with tablet or smart phone will upload files fine.
    shawclan5 likes this.
    I still love my truck but incrementally less each time it throws a CEL!!

Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rogermabry View Post
    Because we care about emissions. So Cal's geography traps smog against our San Gabriel Mountains..living here before smog was mostly controlled
    was terrible for our health.

AMEN! As a kid, our family spent the summer of 1957 in the L A basin.. I still remember the physical pain in my lungs when I tried to take a deep breath. Thank you CARB!

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Longhorn 3.0 & GDE
    Liked
    552 times
    Highlighted some points of interest below:

The Approved Emissions Modification will be available 15 days after the Court grants final approval of the Settlements. The earliest date the AEM will be available is May 18, 2019

If you altered the emission control system in your vehicle, you may still be eligible to receive the AEM and may still be a Class Member eligible for compensation under the Class Action Agreement. However, if the AEM cannot be installed on your vehicle because of alterations to the emission control system or if the alterations are likely to substantially affect the operation of your vehicle with the AEM installed, you may not be eligible for the AEM or compensation under the Class Action Agreement unless you first reverse the alterations, at your own expense.

The Extended Warranty also provides buyback protections to any Eligible Owner or Eligible Lessee of an Eligible Vehicle that receives the AEM in the event that, during the 18 months or 18,000 miles (whichever comes first) following the completion of the AEM (the “Remedy Period”), Fiat Chrysler fails to repair or remedy a confirmed failure or malfunction covered by the Extended Warranty and associated with the AEM (a “Warrantable Failure”) after the Eligible Owner or Eligible Lessee physically presents the Eligible Vehicle to a Fiat Chrysler Authorized Dealer for repair of the Warrantable Failure; and (1) the Warrantable Failure is unable to be remedied after making four separate service visits to the same Fiat Chrysler Authorized Dealer for the same Warrantable Failure during the Remedy Period; or (2) the Eligible Vehicle with the Warrantable Failure is out-of-service due to the Warrantable Failure for a cumulative total of thirty (30) days during the Remedy Period, not including any days when the Dealer returns or otherwise tenders the Eligible Vehicle to the customer while the Fiat Chrysler Authorized Dealer awaits necessary parts and such vehicle remains Operable.

The #2 buyback provision of 30 days cumulative is very likely and was not aware from the January info release.

Also, a simple GDE tune with truck 100% intact will not be an issue...and I suspect dealer will simply flash w/o looking for it. It is the deleted truck that will be rejected given the EGR/DPF is not present therefore the update can not be added.
    boocoodinkydow likes this.
    2002 Excursion Limited 7.3 w/ 280k and counting
    2016 Longhorn ED with GDE 188k / 4.460 hrs and counting

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2299 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boocoodinkydow View Post
    Alternatively, in the absence of a scanner, a quick pic with tablet or smart phone will upload files fine.
    you are correct. I should have known that but my flipfone with the tracfone plan has a useless camera. But it is cheap. I think of it as my Tradesman phone and prefer a Longhorn truck and a Tradesman phone rather than a Tradesman Truck and a Longhorn phone.
    shawclan5 and boocoodinkydow like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Limited 4X4
    Liked
    160 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ecupip View Post
    Wait a second. Why does it say former owners must own the vehicle on Jan. 12th 2017, but if it was totaled it's ON OR BEFORE that date? That has to be a mistake. Why wouldn't they all say ON OR BEFORE Jan. 12th 2017?

That now omits my 2014 from settlement because I purchased it 8/2014 and sold/traded it for my 2015 on 2/2016.....yet if it was totaled I would have been able to collect $900.
    The site is incorrect for anyone in the same boat. The official documents state you are an eligible former owner if you own ON OR BEFORE.

“Eligible Former Owner” means a Person who purchased or otherwise acquired ownership of an Eligible Vehicle on or before January 12, 2017, and then sold or otherwise transferred ownership of such vehicle after that date but on or before January 10, 2019,"

Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TChief View Post
    I thought to submit claim you had to have your computer updated to new standard? Has the software update been released to the dealers? Thanks
    Not sure why a wasted my time contacting FCA CUSTOMER CARE (never retrieved useful data in the past) but here’s their non-informative response moments ago:

“Thank you, taking a look over the information I am showing this is still being worked on I would recommend chatting back in later next week for another update Emissions Modifications. Letter will be mailed out as well.“

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2299 times
    Perhaps there is a terminology issue. You must submit paperwork via mail or electronically online. I referred to that as my claim. They review the paperwork and determine if you are eligible and if it is complete. Once approved you get some kind of authorization to go to the dealer to get the work done. Once the dealer certifies the work is done you get a check. (You may have to mail the completed paperwork in for the check but my memory is the dealer does it.

No processing of the claim documents will start until after the deal is approved which was May 3.

After submitting the claim I got the following email almost immediately

Fiat Chrysler has received your settlement claim submission for your 2014 RAM 1500 LONGHORN CREW CAB 4X4 3.0L EcoDiesel vehicle (VIN ?????????????). We are reviewing your submission to make sure it is complete. We will contact you if we need any further information. Once we confirm your submission is complete, we will determine whether you are eligible to receive compensation under the settlement.

Your claim tracking number is ????????. You can use the claim tracking number to track the status of your claim at https://fcacommunity.force.com/EcoDi...t/s/TrackClaim.

If you have any questions about the claims process, please call 1-833-280-4748 for assistance or respond to this email.

Thank you.

SO far it seems pretty easy and well organized.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Longhorn 3.0 & GDE
    Liked
    552 times
    Supporting documentation required to complete your claim may include:

Current vehicle registration (if applicable);

Your driver’s license or other government-issued identification;

Dates you owned or leased the Eligible Vehicle; and

Sufficient proof of current or former ownership or lease (as applicable).
    2002 Excursion Limited 7.3 w/ 280k and counting
    2016 Longhorn ED with GDE 188k / 4.460 hrs and counting

jo5
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Will they accept current and former vehicle license registration forms?

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1491 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jo5 View Post
    Will they accept current and former vehicle license registration forms?
    It appears they will.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links