Settlement Approved - Page 3

Settlement Approved

This is a discussion on Settlement Approved within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Originally Posted by shawclan5 Supporting documentation required to complete your claim may include: Current vehicle registration (if applicable); Your driver’s license or other government-issued identification; ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Settlement Approved

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2299 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shawclan5 View Post
    Supporting documentation required to complete your claim may include:

Current vehicle registration (if applicable);

Your driver’s license or other government-issued identification;

Dates you owned or leased the Eligible Vehicle; and

Sufficient proof of current or former ownership or lease (as applicable).
    when I did it it asked for proof of purchase. I included my title that showed the purchase date as well as the sales agreement. It may be different if you were not the first purchaser of the truck.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    2299 times
    FOr what? They asked me for current registration, a photo ID and proof of purchase. Therefore, I am sure they accept the current registration for that item, but not for the other two. Log into the system and put your details in there and see what it tells you then follow the instructions. Depending upon your circumstances it may ask for different documentation.

IT isn't complicated. If you can read and have basic computer skills you can do it.

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    The way I read the extra warranty info (picked up my truck from a covered EGR cooler R&R), it is 10 year/120,000 or 4 year/48,000 which ever is greater. My 2016 has nearly 87,000 miles on it. The way I read this, is I'm better off waiting for another 11,000-12,000 miles before having this performed. In doing so, I'd push my warranty out from the original 100,000 out to nearly 148,0000. Is this correct interpretation?

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    2299 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tboneman View Post
    The way I read the extra warranty info (picked up my truck from a covered EGR cooler R&R), it is 10 year/120,000 or 4 year/48,000 which ever is greater. My 2016 has nearly 87,000 miles on it. The way I read this, is I'm better off waiting for another 11,000-12,000 miles before having this performed. In doing so, I'd push my warranty out from the original 100,000 out to nearly 148,0000. Is this correct interpretation?
    from my perspective the problem with this strategy is the new settlement warranty includes many items that are not currently covered for you and does not cover an engine failure. If you have a fuel pump failure now it is on you, with the extended warranty it is covered. Read your current warranty details carefully and read the settlement warranty carefully and decide if the added risk is worth it on your strategy. I don't think it is. It seems to me if you are out of the 3/36 warranty period you want the settlement warranty as soon as possible to minimize your risk.

bticbw!
    Dieselfever likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2 times
    So just a question. I've signed up for the updates on this from the website. So why am I not getting any updates?? I'm hoping that my vehicle will be included. 2016 bought in Mar of 2018
    2016 Ram 1500 4 x 4 Ecodiesel, Laramie pkg, black pearl.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4316 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DKan6058 View Post
    So just a question. I've signed up for the updates on this from the website. So why am I not getting any updates?? I'm hoping that my vehicle will be included. 2016 bought in Mar of 2018
    You can look here https://fcacommunity.force.com/EcoDi...laimSubmission

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Flame Red Ram Ecodiesel Laramie CC 6'4" 4WD
    Liked
    19 times
    deleted by OP.
    Last edited by ThunderRam; 05-09-2019 at 08:32 AM.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    2299 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderRam View Post
    Not to belabor or irritate anyone, but I have been MIA for a while and am totally out of the loop on this issue.

A couple basic questions:

-What "repairs/modifications" are they going to do to the emissions system and what's that going to do to my truck (and mileage, etc.?)

-Until finding this here, I haven't really heard much about this, wouldn't I expect that FCA would need to send out some sort of notification/explanation to eligible/affected owners?

-Looks like I'd be eligible for the $3075, exactly what is that supposed to offset?

-And finally, anyone know what this "extended warranty" means/covers?

Thanks for any feedback, sorry if this has all been hashed over, I've missed it all.
    That is what the search function is for. You can find it all if you want to. Seems to me it takes a lot of gall to ask those of us that have participated regularly to spend our time informing you. Sorry, I am crabby tonight.

All the best,
    Ransom and John Jensen like this.

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderRam View Post
    Not to belabor or irritate anyone, but I have been MIA for a while and am totally out of the loop on this issue.

A couple basic questions:

-What "repairs/modifications" are they going to do to the emissions system and what's that going to do to my truck (and mileage, etc.?)

-Until finding this here, I haven't really heard much about this, wouldn't I expect that FCA would need to send out some sort of notification/explanation to eligible/affected owners?

-Looks like I'd be eligible for the $3075, exactly what is that supposed to offset?

-And finally, anyone know what this "extended warranty" means/covers?

Thanks for any feedback, sorry if this has all been hashed over, I've missed it all.
    We suspect it's only a flash to the ECM and TCM. Nobody knows what detriment, if any, this flash will cause. Too soon as some are just now getting the flash done.

FCA reached out via email and postal mail to those addresses they had in their system. Go to www.ecodieselsettlement.com and you will learn everything there is to know.

The $3075 is a settlement approved by the court. As to what it's supposed to offset, some have speculated a decrease in vehicle value due to the scandal. Who knows.

The extended warranty coverage has been posted in some very recent threads. Take a look around, it's there.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4316 times
    Quote Originally Posted by howie12 View Post
    That is what the search function is for. You can find it all if you want to. Seems to me it takes a lot of gall to ask those of us that have participated regularly to spend our time informing you. Sorry, I am crabby tonight.

All the best,
    Howie, I think you've been here long enough to know some people simply do what's most convenient.
    Captainmal and howie12 like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links