Settlement Approved - Page 4

Settlement Approved

This is a discussion on Settlement Approved within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Bounty Hunter: THANKS for the info. I was startled to see this as I hadn't received any information on it, which is sort of odd ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Settlement Approved

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Flame Red Ram Ecodiesel Laramie CC 6'4" 4WD
    Liked
    19 times
    Bounty Hunter: THANKS for the info. I was startled to see this as I hadn't received any information on it, which is sort of odd since I am the original owner and FCA should have all my contact/buyer info. I've since done some of my own research and now am better informed, but I appreciate your feedback.

97: Yeah, In a moment of surprise and weakness I asked those questions and should have known better on this site, I've deleted my original post. I went MIA on here since my last posting on here was derided because I made the unforgivable mistake of calling my vehicle a "Dodge", not a "Ram". (Of course my previous vehicles with the Cummins were actually Dodges, but whatever")

Howie: Thanks for the ice tea. Hope you dig out of the snow OK. I'll just shamefully crawl back under my rock.

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1492 times
    Stick around, this place isn't bad at all. If someone gives you a hard time it's usually just a good-natured ribbing. The mods do a good job of keeping things civil around here.
    Kazimodo, Crash68 and 97hmcs like this.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 EcoD Outdoorsman CC 6.5' 4X4 3.92
    Liked
    2282 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderRam View Post
    I made the unforgivable mistake of calling my vehicle a "Dodge", not a "Ram".
    You did what??? Say it ain't so..
    [s]you can get banned for that in some countries if it happens on a day that doesn't start with the letter "T" [/s]
    LOL!!
    :-D

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4316 times
    Bounty Hunter: THANKS for the info. I was startled to see this as I hadn't received any information on it, which is sort of odd since I am the original owner and FCA should have all my contact/buyer info. I've since done some of my own research and now am better informed, but I appreciate your feedback.

97: Yeah, In a moment of surprise and weakness I asked those questions and should have known better on this site, I've deleted my original post. I went MIA on here since my last posting on here was derided because I made the unforgivable mistake of calling my vehicle a "Dodge", not a "Ram". (Of course my previous vehicles with the Cummins were actually Dodges, but whatever")

Howie: Thanks for the ice tea. Hope you dig out of the snow OK. I'll just shamefully crawl back under my rock.
    No worries. You can ask anything you want. I realize sometimes we are in a hurry and would like a quick answer. Some will give it and some won't. It's the nature of a forum. Every once in a while the same question comes up about 15 times in a 48 hour period and I get tired of responding.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Flame Red Ram Ecodiesel Laramie CC 6'4" 4WD
    Liked
    19 times
    For what's it's worth, and I'm just repeating what was told to me, when I approached my selling dealer on this issue, among other things they told me, they said that they had already received information and customer service training from FCA regarding this settlement and repair/"fix" and that I should "absolutely expect" that the reflash WILL impact my fuel mileage in an adverse manner.

AGAIN, don't shoot, or kick like a dog, the messenger, just passing on what I was told.

Sort of makes sense to me since the assorted diesel manufacturers were cheating on emissions for a reason, mostly to get improved fuel mileage.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Longhorn 3.0 & GDE
    Liked
    552 times
    For what's it's worth, and I'm just repeating what was told to me, when I approached my selling dealer on this issue, among other things they told me, they said that they had already received information and customer service training from FCA regarding this settlement and repair/"fix" and that I should "absolutely expect" that the reflash WILL impact my fuel mileage in an adverse manner.

AGAIN, don't shoot, or kick like a dog, the messenger, just passing on what I was told.

Sort of makes sense to me since the assorted diesel manufacturers were cheating on emissions for a reason, mostly to get improved fuel mileage.
    I do believe this to be likely. If one were to filter the bar graphs on Fuelly for 3.0s in the MY 2014 - 2018, the 17s and 18s highest bar is 22-23mpgs whereas the 14, 15, and 16 are 23-24mpgs.

Seems if the 2014-2016 start to decline over time in MPG...it could easily be data-mined out of Fuelly since the owners stay the same for posted data.
    2002 Excursion Limited 7.3 w/ 280k and counting
    2016 Longhorn ED with GDE 188k / 4.460 hrs and counting

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2 times
    So I have had the ECU re-tuned by the dealership. Wow the lag when stepping on the gas.... Looking to see if anyone has received settlement money yet?? Claims in but no updates. I assume that they would know when your vehicle has been updated by dealership updating you vehicle in the warranties against are cleared. No place to give them the update that it's done that I've seen. Thoughts??
    2016 Ram 1500 4 x 4 Ecodiesel, Laramie pkg, black pearl.

Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DKan6058 View Post
    So I have had the ECU re-tuned by the dealership. Wow the lag when stepping on the gas.... Looking to see if anyone has received settlement money yet?? Claims in but no updates. I assume that they would know when your vehicle has been updated by dealership updating you vehicle in the warranties against are cleared. No place to give them the update that it's done that I've seen. Thoughts??
    Mail outs of checks won’t begin until 6/17.
    I still love my truck but incrementally less each time it throws a CEL!!

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Tradesman 2WD CC GC
    Liked
    94 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DKan6058 View Post
    It will take about a week and a half to two weeks for the AEM update to show as complete on your claim.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Settlement Approved-screenshot_20190604-091357_1559664864137.jpg  
    slduus likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boocoodinkydow View Post
    Mail outs of checks won’t begin until 6/17.
    Well that was the message I got when I called the settlement hotline but I guess that’s just another case of misinformation. The status on my site changed to this today:

“Fiat Chrysler has sent your settlement check to the mailing address listed on your claim form.“
    I still love my truck but incrementally less each time it throws a CEL!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links