Getting the AEM update today - Page 2

Getting the AEM update today

This is a discussion on Getting the AEM update today within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; AEM has been installed on my truck. The technician actually finished the update yesterday after I had already left with a loaner vehicle. I picked ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Getting the AEM update today

Member #
    Vehicle
    Black 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel CC 4x4 Air Suspension
    Liked
    105 times
    AEM has been installed on my truck. The technician actually finished the update yesterday after I had already left with a loaner vehicle. I picked the truck up this morning.

As far as initial impressions, it doesn't seem different. In the first couple miles of driving it felt a little less responsive when accelerating away from stop lights, however it seems to have returned to normal. I'm certain that the computers are just re-learning/re-adapting to my specific driving style as I noticed the same thing when the dealership updated the ECM a few years back as part of the catalyst recall.

I inspected the engine bay and there is a new emissions sticker affixed next to the original one, on the underside of the hood, next to the latch striker.
    Getting the AEM update today-newemissionsticker.jpg

There was nothing physically added to the ECM (no identifying marks or stickers, not touched as it was still covered in dust)

There was a document packet placed in the glove box detailing AEM and the new extended emissions warranty.
    Getting the AEM update today-gloveboxpacket.jpg

I did notice the truck now honked the horn when locking. That was a default settings in the head unit I had turned off long ago because I prefer just a flash of the lights when locking/remote starting. I quickly changed it back to my preference in the touch screen settings.

I believe I am the first person to go through the AEM update so I hope my experience helps those who are preparing to do it. It was relatively painless.

Now I'm just waiting for my claim to be accepted so I can get that $$$$

BTW I did check to see if FCA has stolen GDE's tune...but the truck still doesn't allow me to engage cruise control below 20 MPH, so nope.
    I'll be buying GDE Hot Tune as soon as it's available for the AEM updated ecodiesels! Can't wait!

Mods: Cabin filter, Bakflip F1 and BakBox, Kat's block heater cord, Tinted front windows, Ram stainless steel door sill plates, Amp Research PowerSteps PNP

Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    Thanx for the update.
    TexasRam likes this.
    I still love my truck but incrementally less each time it throws a CEL!!

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Laramie
    Liked
    36 times
    I haven't received anything from FCA regarding my claim. Maybe I should resubmit?

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    105 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Why_rick View Post
    I haven't received anything from FCA regarding my claim. Maybe I should resubmit?
    The same day I submitted my claim I received an email from [email protected] with the Subject Line “EcoDiesel Settlement Claim Submission Received (Claim Number: XXXXXXXX)”. My claim is still being reviewed but I was still able to have the AEM installed. You might check your junk/spam folder if you filed a claim through the online process to see if it was filtered out of your inbox. Good idea to add “[email protected]“ to your email contacts to ensure you receive any future emails from the settlement.

When you complete an online claim submission you are given a claim tracking number (and should get it by email as well) which you can use to check the status here: https://fcacommunity.force.com/EcoDi...t/s/TrackClaim

If you can’t find the email or didn’t write down the tracking number you might try calling the settlement customer service line with your VIN to see if they can help. Or just see what happens if you submit the claim again online.

Mods: Cabin filter, Bakflip F1 and BakBox, Kat's block heater cord, Tinted front windows, Ram stainless steel door sill plates, Amp Research PowerSteps PNP

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1254 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRam View Post
    AEM has been installed on my truck.
    There was nothing physically added to the ECM (no identifying marks or stickers, not touched as it was still covered in dust)

I did notice the truck now honked the horn when locking. That was a default settings in the head unit I had turned off long ago because I prefer just a flash of the lights when locking/remote starting. I quickly changed it back to my preference in the touch screen settings.
    I don't think that setting is stored in the ECM ( ENGINE control module ) ,
    so they are flashing more than just the ECM ..........

Thanks for the Update Texas Ram.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    105 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazimodo View Post
    I don't think that setting is stored in the ECM ( ENGINE control module ) ,
    so they are flashing more than just the ECM ..........

Thanks for the Update Texas Ram.

No problem, I’m glad the update is useful.

I also had the U07 “auto park” recall completed. Which according to the description required them to “reprogram the Powertrain Control Module (PCM), Transmission Control Module (TCM) and the Radio Frequency (RF) Hub with updated software to add AutoPark functionality.”

I believe it was the reprogramming of the RF Hub that reset the lock/honk to the factory default setting.
    Kazimodo likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 ED Laramie, 355 Diff ,ARE Cap, pull me over first Red
    Liked
    538 times
    [QUOTE=TexasRam;968302]

Transmission Control Module (TCM) and the Radio Frequency (RF) Hub with updated software to add AutoPark functionality.”

Is this the safety feature that won't let you move the vehicle with the door open? I had that once and HATED IT! What a pain in the ass! Especially when moving or hooking up a trailer!!!
    I DEFINITELY DO NOT want that!
    doug_id, 97hmcs and Donholl like this.
    Do not rule out working with your hands, but it does not preclude using your head.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    105 times
    [QUOTE=Ram1;968304]
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRam View Post

Transmission Control Module (TCM) and the Radio Frequency (RF) Hub with updated software to add AutoPark functionality.”

Is this the safety feature that won't let you move the vehicle with the door open? I had that once and HATED IT! What a pain in the ass! Especially when moving or hooking up a trailer!!!
    That's exactly what it is, however, the 2013-16 DS & 2014-16 DX 8-SPEED ROTARY SHIFTER recall AKA "AutoPark" is recall campaign #U07 which is entirely separate from the AEM which is Recall Campaign #V08. I don't know for certain but I would imagine you could tell your dealership you only want the AEM and not the U07 recall.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1254 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram1 View Post

Rainy day project , make your own seat belt clip , REDNECK CLIP ...
    I saw in another thread something about the dealer giving out free extra clip to run around this ,
    possibly a joke , I don't see dealers giving anything for free , not my dealer anyway ... who knows .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Getting the AEM update today-img_2534.jpg Getting the AEM update today-img_2537.jpg Getting the AEM update today-seat-belt-clip.png
    Last edited by Kazimodo; 05-09-2019 at 10:24 AM.
    sourdo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Thanks for sharing these updates, please keep us up to date as to how the truck is performing. I'm really curious to see how our vehicles respond long term...do you feel the truck is de-tuned at all or do you think that the fix will ultimately grenade the engine....

Anyone else with the update please share your experience....much obliged .

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links