Getting the AEM update today - Page 3

Getting the AEM update today

This is a discussion on Getting the AEM update today within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; I called my servicing dealer and have a appointment for the AEM on 5/21.. I will be the first at this dealership to have it ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Getting the AEM update today

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 4X4 Big Horn Eco Diesel
    Liked
    35 times
    I called my servicing dealer and have a appointment for the AEM on 5/21.. I will be the first at this dealership to have it done. Have a 2500 mile fishing trip planned
    for June so will be able to report any changes over a long trip.. have mileage figures from several trips to the same places to compare.
    2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Eco Diesel, Geno's Garage Magnetic Fuel Cap, Blue aluminum DEF cap, cabin filter, Dee Zee steps, Rear floor storage Lock Kit, HI-Lift Jack, SNUGTop Hi-Liner Shell, bed liner and Weather Tech floor mats
    1971 Jaguar XJ, SBC ZZ4 with Comp Cam 383/200R, EZ-EFI 2.0 Fuel Injection, 410 HP and 470# torque, daily driver

Member #
    Vehicle
    Black 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel CC 4x4 Air Suspension
    Liked
    102 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyWoodGriz View Post
    Thanks for sharing these updates, please keep us up to date as to how the truck is performing. I'm really curious to see how our vehicles respond long term...do you feel the truck is de-tuned at all or do you think that the fix will ultimately grenade the engine....

Anyone else with the update please share your experience....much obliged .
    The truck feels like it's still relearning my driving style. I've noticed a few situations where I've applied a sequence of on/off/on again throttle (approaching a residential intersection to turn while yielding) that it doesn't respond as i'm used to it doing. It felt like it had a more conservative power delivery when re-accelerating. Same feeling when merging onto the highway, I felt like it required a little more throttle input than normal. At this point i'm still chalking it up to the computers adaptations being reset and it's going to take some mileage to relearn my driving patterns in a variety of situations. The normal acceleration from a stop light has already returned to what I was used to before the updates were done.

To be clear the truck doesn't feel like it has any less power than it did before the AEM. In these instances where my throttle input vs level of the acceleration wasn't what I am used to, if I pressed the accelerator a little further than I normally do, the truck accelerated just fine.

I've done a couple full throttle accelerations and the truck felt just as fast as before. I don't have any 0-60 numbers to compare but seat-of-pants feeling is the same as the last 82,000 miles.

My truck had a nearly full tank of diesel (only 44 miles driven) when I had the AEM installed so I'll be able to provide a fairly accurate tank MPG comparison when I fill up again. The Fuelly link in my signature has every tank of diesel documented since the truck was new.

I'll continue to update on my experiences.

Mods: Cabin filter, Bakflip F1 and BakBox, Kat's block heater cord, Tinted front windows, Ram stainless steel door sill plates, Amp Research PowerSteps PNP

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRam View Post
    The truck feels like it's still relearning my driving style. I've noticed a few situations where I've applied a sequence of on/off/on again throttle (approaching a residential intersection to turn while yielding) that it doesn't respond as i'm used to it doing. It felt like it had a more conservative power delivery when re-accelerating. Same feeling when merging onto the highway, I felt like it required a little more throttle input than normal. At this point i'm still chalking it up to the computers adaptations being reset and it's going to take some mileage to relearn my driving patterns in a variety of situations. The normal acceleration from a stop light has already returned to what I was used to before the updates were done.

To be clear the truck doesn't feel like it has any less power than it did before the AEM. In these instances where my throttle input vs level of the acceleration wasn't what I am used to, if I pressed the accelerator a little further than I normally do, the truck accelerated just fine.

I've done a couple full throttle accelerations and the truck felt just as fast as before. I don't have any 0-60 numbers to compare but seat-of-pants feeling is the same as the last 82,000 miles.

My truck had a nearly full tank of diesel (only 44 miles driven) when I had the AEM installed so I'll be able to provide a fairly accurate tank MPG comparison when I fill up again. The Fuelly link in my signature has every tank of diesel documented since the truck was new.

I'll continue to update on my experiences.
    Thanks for the update and keep em coming. I think the data set that you have with Fuelly will be really telling moving forward as to how the AEM impacts mileage.
    VernDiesel likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 with 3:55
    Liked
    30 times
    Appreciate the updates Texas Ram. Glad to see there's nothing too negative that stands out about the AEM so far.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM Bighorn
    Liked
    269 times
    [QUOTE=Ram1;968304]
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRam View Post

Transmission Control Module (TCM) and the Radio Frequency (RF) Hub with updated software to add AutoPark functionality.”

Is this the safety feature that won't let you move the vehicle with the door open? I had that once and HATED IT! What a pain in the ass! Especially when moving or hooking up a trailer!!!
    I DEFINITELY DO NOT want that!
    Engage the seat belt (behind you, of course), drag the brake a bit, or go faster than 2 mph. We have it on our Durango. There are really very few situations where I find it annoying and I can fix that will a simple lock the seat belt behind me.
    Ram1 likes this.
    2014 RAM Ecodiesel Bighorn
    2014 Dodge Durango V6 3.6L

Member #
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Hemi , 4 X 4,
    Liked
    247 times
    [QUOTE=phprof;968858]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram1 View Post

Engage the seat belt (behind you, of course), drag the brake a bit, or go faster than 2 mph. We have it on our Durango. There are really very few situations where I find it annoying and I can fix that will a simple lock the seat belt behind me.

Not an issue: If I find gonna have to get in a lot/out, drive with door open etc, I just use one of these:

DISCLAIMER: In no way am I saying that ne one should operate their vehicle with door open, no seat belt on, etc.,.

Getting the AEM update today-seat-belt-stuff.jpg

FWIW: worked in MY 15 ED and MY 19 Hemi
    2019 Bighorn 4 X 4, 3;21, pending rear, spray in Linux liner for box, Bright Red Crystal Pearl. TRADED in ED, no longer suited for my needs...
    2006 Honda Gold Wing GL1800, with installed 2015 Cobra Razor Trike Kit (Color=Yukon Gold)
    (2) Hossies,.. ... (4) Doggies... (Pics in album)

Let us be sure that those who come after will say of us in our time, that in our time we did everything that could be done. We finished the race; we kept them free; we kept the faith. RONALD REAGAN

Member #
    Vehicle
    Black 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel CC 4x4 Air Suspension
    Liked
    102 times
    First tank of diesel with the AEM and my MPGs seem to be inline with the norm. If you click on the Fuelly link in my signature you can see fill up #193 (Pre-AEM) and todays fill up #194 (Post-AEM) were within 0.5 mpg. Both tanks saw about 300 miles of highway and 200 city. Weather was similar for both tanks (daily highs in the 70-95F range) with the exception of 2 days with high temps around 45F on #194.

Also a CEL code P24AE that has been coming and going the last few months has returned. I had the dealership take record of it and clear it today. It returned a few miles after leaving so I’ll be scheduling to have them repair it under the new emissions warranty. Sounds like it’ll either be a new DPF sensor or a new DPF on FCAs dime.
    cajunhammer likes this.

Mods: Cabin filter, Bakflip F1 and BakBox, Kat's block heater cord, Tinted front windows, Ram stainless steel door sill plates, Amp Research PowerSteps PNP

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie
    Liked
    212 times
    What I'd be interested in is mpg's and regens while towing.
    2015 Laramie CC 4X4, Protection Group, Convenience Group, Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group, Anti Spin Diff, 3.55, Remote Start, Uconnect 8.4AN w/Altec Lansing Speakers(9), Romik Steps, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Dual Liner, AMP BedStep, Stampede Hood Protector, Edge Insight CTS2
    Gatortrax One MX Tonneau cover, Husky Centerpoint TS Hitch, Total Load Control Air Bags
    Build 12/2014

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Family update, my cousin just got the flash and is still on the first tank. His report is similar to that of Texas Ram. He mentioned how the engine seems more "Laggy" or a little bit "detuned"....for reference he's running a stock 15 and will most likely go to GDE once he gets his check.

I'm still waiting on approval but will post my results in this thread as well. My cousin is non-tech so I'll post his mpgs and report back once I hear more.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500, Lexus NX hybrid, Mopeds, boats, jet skis
    Liked
    28 times
    How long does it take to get the claim approved? I just submitted mine. Also, how long to get the cash? I need to go see the dealer anyway to get my truck's PIN so I can copy keys.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links