Getting the AEM update today - Page 5

Getting the AEM update today

This is a discussion on Getting the AEM update today within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Originally Posted by idoseadoo I wouldn't do that if I were you. My truck is a 2015 too at 158k miles and I just lost ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Getting the AEM update today

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by idoseadoo View Post
    I wouldn't do that if I were you. My truck is a 2015 too at 158k miles and I just lost my reluctor wheel. It's the part that the crank position sensor reads. Very poorly made part, and if you haven't lost one yet, you might very shortly. The entire trans/xfer case has to come down to service it. I believe it'll be covered by the warranty, which they might deny you if you do a full delete... just my $0.02
    Are you on the original EGR cooler as well? Taking a poll

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bandrae View Post
    I submitted my claim last Thursday, May 9th, and still haven't received an approval notification. Some say they had their claims approved in 4 days. That's certainly not the case for me.
    I'm in the same boat, I sent all my paperwork back on the 4th through the website and it still says under review. I called FCA AEM Hotline and talked to an idiot who said before I would receive approval of my claim I first needed to have the flash completed...Not true, and somewhat disappointing considering the people working the phone do not even know their own process....
    boocoodinkydow and Why_rick like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Eco Diesel, Tradesman, Crew Cab, 4x4
    Liked
    97 times
    Rest easy folks. I submitted my initial paperwork on the 6th and received my approval today, the 15th. The claims people must be getting swamped and its slowing the process.

On a positive note I have the install scheduled for this Friday. Lets see how the buggy runs afterwards.
    2015 ED Tradesman 4x4, 3.92 limited slip diff, trailer brake module, trailer tow mirrors, running boards, roll up tonneau cover, Air Lift 1000 rear coil spring air bags, spray in bed liner. Original owner 35,000+ miles.
    20 foot Dune Sport custom toy hauler @ about 4,560 lbs empty, with WD hitch and sway bar.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Bighorn 4x4 CC Eco
    Liked
    6 times
    Just got my letter a few days ago and am scheduled for service this weekend. Let hope FCA processes my claim quickly. Sure can use that $$!

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 EcoD Laramie Longhorn CC 4x2
    Liked
    8 times
    Still waiting for approval, submitted online on the 8th. Got the "submission received" email back right away, but claim tracking page still says "under review."

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    8 times
    That's a lot of miles, I think you are the first person on this site that I have seen that has 155 K with no engine problems. This gives me hope cause I plan to drive my 2016 EcoDiesel until it falls apart. I have 33k on my truck, I started using Amsoil Deisel oil. at 21K . No engine problem so far.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    8 times
    Sorry, I spelled Amsoil Diesel Wrong, PLEASE FOR GIVE ME,LOL.
    TwoBobs and DrivingZiggy like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500, Lexus NX hybrid, Mopeds, boats, jet skis
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome powell View Post
    That's a lot of miles, I think you are the first person on this site that I have seen that has 155 K with no engine problems. This gives me hope cause I plan to drive my 2016 EcoDiesel until it falls apart. I have 33k on my truck, I started using Amsoil Deisel oil. at 21K . No engine problem so far.
    I bought my truck with 153k on the clock, and was told it was totally trouble-free. It was a lease vehicle, and the dealers don't report having to replace the EGR or anything else. The tranny shifts all funny now, jerky in the lower gears and takes a second to get going once you push the pedal, but seems like that's normal. It's the reason GDE invented a TransTune for these, right?

Anyway, at 158k, my reluctor wheel fell apart, forcing me to drop the tranny. It's an issue of corrosion, so I'm not sure it's related to mileage or time. It's an expensive job at a shop, but only took my dad and I 3 days to do it, and we've never done it before.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1238 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome powell View Post
    Sorry, I spelled Amsoil Diesel Wrong, PLEASE FOR GIVE ME,LOL.
    LOL , Jerome , you can correct your post when you notice a mistake ,
    at right of black bar under your post you can click " Edit Post " (after +/- 24 hours , that
    option goes away ) , in the " Edit post screen " you can also click 2 boxes and delete a whole post.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 eco outdoorsman, 82D150 custom
    Liked
    196 times
    Well I'm at the dealership now getting AEM tune. Let's see how she runs. I might go test drive a 2500 for fun.
    TwoBobs likes this.
    Ecodisel, drinks Satin's bathwater and emits angel's tears.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links