Eco diesel Settlement - Canadian sold vehicle - Page 2

Eco diesel Settlement - Canadian sold vehicle

This is a discussion on Eco diesel Settlement - Canadian sold vehicle within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Originally Posted by tjkoen01 Seems to me if the EPA was really concerned about the emissions, they would make FCA offer us the cash as ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Eco diesel Settlement - Canadian sold vehicle

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 EcoD Outdoorsman CC 6.5' 4X4 3.92
    Liked
    2335 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tjkoen01 View Post
    Seems to me if the EPA was really concerned about the emissions, they would make FCA offer us the cash as well as the warranty since the truck is now registered in the US.
    The EPA and CARB are interested in emissions when it puts money in their pockets not yours.
    EZmac91, MAS and dieseldoya like this.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash68 View Post
    The EPA and CARB are interested in emissions when it puts money in their pockets not yours.
    That’s my point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EZmac91 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    250 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 97hmcs View Post
    Lot's of bad luck going on, but the extended emissions warranty will be a plus.
    Since the truck is originally a Canadian sold truck, would he be eligible for the extended emission warranty?
    97hmcs and ecarnell like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel SLT
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dog View Post
    Since the truck is originally a Canadian sold truck, would he be eligible for the extended emission warranty?
    I have been told I am eligible for the Warranty just no cash
    Lucky Dog likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I'm in the exact situation sans all the breakdowns. My truck has run flawless for about 20 k miles or so. I am also not eligible and had also planned to use the money to buy gde. Not anymore. I'll run stock and deal with it.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I am in the same situation. From what I have read on the ecodieselsettlement website and what I have been told over the phone, I can get the software upgrade plus an extended warranty. The extended warranty is regardless of the fact that all the factory warranties were voided once I registered my vehicle in the USA. In this case, I am simply glad to be getting a warranty at all where there was none before. Too bad about not getting the cash though.

However, I have a slight hiccup in the process for my truck. While I purchased my used 2016 in 2017, and have been doing all of my maintenance at an official RAM dealership, they have not updated the system to show me as the owner. So, when I called regarding the emissions settlement, they said that they have to update the ownership of the vehicle to my name first before I can get the software upgrade and extended warranty. In other words, my VIN still reflects a Canadian owner.

Regarding the recalls, I understand that US trucks have the V11 recall code while the Canadian ones have a V16 code. Is that the same as what you all have seen?

Also, on a different note, my Canadian truck’s speedometer has been off. This is not because of the wheel size. I had 20” rims initially and noticed the discrepancy between my GPS and my truck on the speed. I had the dealership update the tire size. The digital speedometer was close, but the analog one was about 5-ish mph slower than the digital one at highway speeds. Finally, I got my original OEM tire and wheel sizes (17” wheels) and had the dealership update my tire size in the computer. Again, the digital speedometer is very close to gps speed, but the analog one is still about 5 mph slower than the digital one at highway speeds. Have any of you with Canadian trucks seen the same thing? How did you fix it? I found an old post from a couple of years ago on a different forum where somebody mentioned not only a speedometer cluster change, but an odometer exchange and replacement. Basically, I think I need to have something done to the odometer before the analog and digital speedometers are synched?

Now, to tie this back to the emissions extended warranty. If I am going to have anything done which might change the odometer, I would probably want to do that prior to getting the extended warranty based on the odometer reading at the time of having the emissions upgrade completed.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations or words of wisdom you can share.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel SLT
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB View Post
    I am in the same situation. From what I have read on the ecodieselsettlement website and what I have been told over the phone, I can get the software upgrade plus an extended warranty. The extended warranty is regardless of the fact that all the factory warranties were voided once I registered my vehicle in the USA. In this case, I am simply glad to be getting a warranty at all where there was none before. Too bad about not getting the cash though.

However, I have a slight hiccup in the process for my truck. While I purchased my used 2016 in 2017, and have been doing all of my maintenance at an official RAM dealership, they have not updated the system to show me as the owner. So, when I called regarding the emissions settlement, they said that they have to update the ownership of the vehicle to my name first before I can get the software upgrade and extended warranty. In other words, my VIN still reflects a Canadian owner.

Regarding the recalls, I understand that US trucks have the V11 recall code while the Canadian ones have a V16 code. Is that the same as what you all have seen?

Also, on a different note, my Canadian truck’s speedometer has been off. This is not because of the wheel size. I had 20” rims initially and noticed the discrepancy between my GPS and my truck on the speed. I had the dealership update the tire size. The digital speedometer was close, but the analog one was about 5-ish mph slower than the digital one at highway speeds. Finally, I got my original OEM tire and wheel sizes (17” wheels) and had the dealership update my tire size in the computer. Again, the digital speedometer is very close to gps speed, but the analog one is still about 5 mph slower than the digital one at highway speeds. Have any of you with Canadian trucks seen the same thing? How did you fix it? I found an old post from a couple of years ago on a different forum where somebody mentioned not only a speedometer cluster change, but an odometer exchange and replacement. Basically, I think I need to have something done to the odometer before the analog and digital speedometers are synched?

Now, to tie this back to the emissions extended warranty. If I am going to have anything done which might change the odometer, I would probably want to do that prior to getting the extended warranty based on the odometer reading at the time of having the emissions upgrade completed.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations or words of wisdom you can share.
    YES! i thought I was nuts with the analog needle speedometer being 5-7 MPH slower on my truck. It is a pain when I'm Highway cruising thinking I'm going the 9 over the speed limit but my gauges are different, and I'm really going about 13-15 over.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times

Canadian truck, same problem. Maybe not as bad, about 3-4 mph lower than actual speed on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Update: I got the ownership corrected with FCA and now I am eligible for the software upgrade and extended warranty from the aecodeiselsettlement.com website. Again, no cash for me since I have a Canadian truck, but will be glad to get some sort of warranty on it. I’m having it done next week.
    97hmcs likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links