Eco diesel Settlement - Canadian sold vehicle

This is a discussion on Eco diesel Settlement - Canadian sold vehicle within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; So as some of you may have read from a few posts of mine in the past. I bought this truck used from a non ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Eco diesel Settlement - Canadian sold vehicle

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel SLT
    Liked
    18 times

So as some of you may have read from a few posts of mine in the past. I bought this truck used from a non brand affiliated dealer in New York state 2 summers ago. They brought it in from CA. Within 100 miles I had the CEL for the EGR system failure a lot of people had run into. I was able to force the dealer to take it to a Canadian dealer and fix under the trucks warranty since FCA warranties don't transfer from CA to USA with sale.

Then I had a tone ring failure in dec that left me stranded on the side of an Upstate NY thruway for 6 hours in a blizzard. I know a few members here had successfully gotten FCA customer care to reimburse the cost of the repair even out of warranty due to the fact its a ware and tare part that is inaccessible without removing the tranny. They declined my claim after months of going back and forth.

I was holding out hope for the Settlement money, after a few people at FCA told me I would be eligible to receive it since It is now listed with the US FCA customer care system. I submitted my claim and was notified to call FCA customer care... after an hour of them searching to see if my truck is listed in the US system I finally got a manager on the line who could only say I'm more than welcome to get the ECU flash and the extended warranty. but no settlement cash.

I have just about had it with this truck and what I've been through in the year an a half of ownership, and yet I still love the truck and power train. I unfortunately owe about 20k USD on it still, and have put almost 60k miles on it since I purchased it in Aug of 2017. It now has closing in on 110k miles and no way I can get out of it with out loosing my ass. Looks like I will be stuck with it for a while, and I plan on it lasting a while. I was waiting for the settlement money to buy the GDE hot tune but It looks like i'll be pulling the trigger on that sooner and with out the settlement paying for it.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4357 times
    Lot's of bad luck going on, but the extended emissions warranty will be a plus.
    Lucky Dog likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    18 times
    you think its worth the ECU tune? since I'm unsure of when I'll be able to purchase and install GDE? It seems like to get my money and time out of this truck, I will need GDE to get to higher Miles

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4357 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EZmac91 View Post
    you think its worth the ECU tune? since I'm unsure of when I'll be able to purchase and install GDE? It seems like to get my money and time out of this truck, I will need GDE to get to higher Miles
    I think the extended warranty makes sense in your case. You will still have the option of the GDE tune down the road.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 97hmcs View Post
    I think the extended warranty makes sense in your case. You will still have the option of the GDE tune down the road.
    Yea, I wasn't sure it it made sense or not, but getting the additional warranty miles is appealing. Even if it isn't comprehensive.

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1439 times
    Have you considered contacting one of the attorneys representing people who have opted out of the class action lawsuit? I believe there were some members on here with contact info. Also may be worth at least a call to the law firm handling the class action suit, not sure that they would help you or would care, but might be worth a shot, im sure they know a lot more about the legalities than we do.
    EZmac91 likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6501 times
    Get it flashed and then get GDE. That warranty would be good for your situation.

As for value, I have the same year and about the same mileage. Actively looking to replace mine right now. Looks like mine is worth about $15K. You probably owe way more on yours than it's worth. Get that warranty and keep on truckin'.
    EZmac91 likes this.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MAS View Post
    Have you considered contacting one of the attorneys representing people who have opted out of the class action lawsuit? I believe there were some members on here with contact info. Also may be worth at least a call to the law firm handling the class action suit, not sure that they would help you or would care, but might be worth a shot, im sure they know a lot more about the legalities than we do.
    Anybody know any contact info to the claim attorneys and or an outside attorney?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Would you be eligible if/when a canadian settlement comes through?

I believe the hearing in Ontario is scheduled for Feb 20, 2020, a ways away but would be worth watching. https://sotosclassactions.com/cases/...at-chrysler-2/
    EZmac91 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    I got the same notice in the mail today since I have a Canadian truck in the US. Seems to me if the EPA was really concerned about the emissions, they would make FCA offer us the cash as well as the warranty since the truck is now registered in the US. I guess we will see what happens up North.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EZmac91 and MAS like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links