AEM update/PCM issues

AEM update/PCM issues

This is a discussion on AEM update/PCM issues within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; I dropped my 14 off yesterday they did the AEM I have records from my old dealership where I lived that said my def level ...

Member #

AEM update/PCM issues

I dropped my 14 off yesterday they did the AEM I have records from my old dealership where I lived that said my def level sensor was bad which would require a tank replacement. The new dealership said that they found broken wiring and I had to pay to get that replaced after the correction now they’re saying that the pcm is showing the same code because there was mud in the connection now they want to charge me $1200 to replace the PCM cause it’s my own fault there’s mud/ dust in the connections. What is the difference between the PCM and the ECM cause I see the ecm is covered under the extended warranty. How does it control the Def system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4385 times
    PCM, ECM are one in the same on the ecodiesel.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1075 times
    Quote Originally Posted by minimegs14 View Post
    I dropped my 14 off yesterday they did the AEM I have records from my old dealership where I lived that said my def level sensor was bad which would require a tank replacement. The new dealership said that they found broken wiring and I had to pay to get that replaced after the correction now they’re saying that the pcm is showing the same code because there was mud in the connection now they want to charge me $1200 to replace the PCM cause it’s my own fault there’s mud/ dust in the connections. What is the difference between the PCM and the ECM cause I see the ecm is covered under the extended warranty. How does it control the Def system?

Tell them to go F themselves.

If dirty connections are the issue, get some contact cleaner and spray out the connectors. DEF injection is controlled by the engine computer (PCM/ECM) as it monitors NOx output and adjusts accordingly. My suggestion is to call up GDE and get a tune for ~700 and not have to worry about it again. I'd still clean your connectors though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500, Lexus NX hybrid, Mopeds, boats, jet skis
    Liked
    28 times
    What a load of hose sh!t! Those are water-tight connections, no way to get mud in the pins unless they take them apart before cleaning the connector off. If they did, that's on them! I bought a used truck that was apparently mudded at some point. When we dropped the tranny, we felt like archeologists playing in all that dry sand and mud. All my connectors were either coated in mud or had a good dusting. I had to clean them off with air before taking apart. I put everything back together and it was fine. The connectors are mud/water/dust proof! These aren't 60's fords.... Were you getting codes before the dealer?

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6542 times
    Mini... Welcome. First post.

You found a dealer trying to make extra money from the flash. Deception about the ECM/PCM is one. After the flash I think there's an added warranty that would probably cover emissions equipment. If not a scam, it should be fixed on their dollar. Now ask yourself, assuming all was good when you brought it in, why it broke during or after their flash?

The comment about getting GDE and eliminating all that sensor crap is a good one. Listen to it and act. Don't pay that dealer a penny for their scam.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Thanks for all the good pointers! The pcm/ecm was not bad before I went in I have called fca customer service, they’ve made claim and now I have to wait until they call me hopefully today. Definitely not letting the dealership put in another computer that’s for sure! Thanks again!

Sponsored Links