Horrible throttle response after new Software - Page 10

Horrible throttle response after new Software

This is a discussion on Horrible throttle response after new Software within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Originally Posted by bill-e Besides the lag there is, at least with my truck, a prolonged period when cold...a few hundred feet at least, where ...

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Horrible throttle response after new Software

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie
    Liked
    239 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bill-e View Post
    Besides the lag there is, at least with my truck, a prolonged period when cold...a few hundred feet at least, where the truck just won't accelerate even with the pedal floored. I just sent my dealer an email about it (I thought I might lose my temper if I called them) and awaiting a response...there were a couple of other issues with the service too ..not my usual experience with them.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Dealership called me back and left an apologetic message. I'm awaiting a call on Monday from the Service manager.
    2015 Laramie CC 4X4, Protection Group, Convenience Group, Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group, Anti Spin Diff, 3.55, Remote Start, Uconnect 8.4AN w/Altec Lansing Speakers(9), Romik Steps, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Dual Liner, AMP BedStep, Stampede Hood Protector, Edge Insight CTS2
    Gatortrax One MX Tonneau cover, Husky Centerpoint TS Hitch, Total Load Control Air Bags
    Build 12/2014

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The quality of the AEM update appears linked to dealership quality control. Our stock '15 Ecodiesel has not changed since the update was completed. Throttle response, towing ability, mpg. etc. all the same. Our dealer added a few displays to the VIC we are pleased with. No issues here.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM Bighorn
    Liked
    290 times
    I took the family out for ice cream and a walk by the lake this evening. Cold throttle response is crap. Even worse than before. Even when fully warmed up the truck just doesn't accelerate as much. It doesn't appear to generate the same torque at the low RPMs. Going up the hill out of town in 8th gear with all 4 of us with the cruise set at 59 mph was usually not a problem. This time it downshifted. I haven't had the happen send the windstorm of fall 2018.

I'll give it a week. However, I'm working up to write a letter calling the EPA the $%^&*( they are.
    2014 RAM Ecodiesel Bighorn
    2014 Dodge Durango V6 3.6L

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Longhorn 4x4 LB Crew Ecodiesel
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvan View Post
    The quality of the AEM update appears linked to dealership quality control. Our stock '15 Ecodiesel has not changed since the update was completed. Throttle response, towing ability, mpg. etc. all the same. Our dealer added a few displays to the VIC we are pleased with. No issues here.
    LOL! No the ONLY logical variable in ALL of these "how it changed" threads is the authors. The small bit of difference between the two available rear end ratios, the small variances in fuel, the small variances in different brands of tires, etc. . . . no NONE of that would explain the massive difference being reported by everyone who's had the update. It's all about the perception of the person reporting it. The truth (and everyone has the same truth) probably lies somewhere in the average of all of the reports.
    John Bartley likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie Longhorg CC 4X4
    Liked
    10 times
    Today I took my 2016 in to the dealer to have the gasket replaced on the satellite radio antenna.’it was leaking and staining the headliner when you went through the car wash. The appointment was at 8:00 am.
    About 3:00 PM never heard anything from the dealer so I called them and they said they would have to order a gasket for the antenna. But I could come and get the truck.
    When I got there they also mentioned that they did a recall while they had the truck which took a good part of the day. I asked them what recall , then they told me that they did the AME flash I was blown away. I lit into the service writer and demanded to know who gave them permission to flash my truck. He wouldn’t answer me. It has the GDE tune or should I say had the tune. So now I get to battle with the service manager on Monday and not let him know that the truck was tuned because of the unlimited power train warranty it has.
    This AME flashsucks bad, my truck runs like crap, the turbo lag is unsafe,, it has a lot less power, it shifts weird, it sounds weird,it has changed the whole personality of the truck, i am pissed.
    I know I can get the ECM reflashed by GDE, but I use my truck for work so it’s going to be huge pain to have to rent a truck while my truck is down over some moron being stupid.
    Has anyone else had this happen? Any advise dealing with the Service manager?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4689 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfortably numb View Post
    Today I took my 2016 in to the dealer to have the gasket replaced on the satellite radio antenna.’it was leaking and staining the headliner when you went through the car wash. The appointment was at 8:00 am.
    About 3:00 PM never heard anything from the dealer so I called them and they said they would have to order a gasket for the antenna. But I could come and get the truck.
    When I got there they also mentioned that they did a recall while they had the truck which took a good part of the day. I asked them what recall , then they told me that they did the AME flash I was blown away. I lit into the service writer and demanded to know who gave them permission to flash my truck. He wouldn’t answer me. It has the GDE tune or should I say had the tune. So now I get to battle with the service manager on Monday and not let him know that the truck was tuned because of the unlimited power train warranty it has.
    This AME flashsucks bad, my truck runs like crap, the turbo lag is unsafe,, it has a lot less power, it shifts weird, it sounds weird,it has changed the whole personality of the truck, i am pissed.
    I know I can get the ECM reflashed by GDE, but I use my truck for work so it’s going to be huge pain to have to rent a truck while my truck is down over some moron being stupid.

GDE offers an exchange program. Just swap it out and your truck will be down for about 20 minutes. I do agree they should have mentioned the AEM before doing it. I would suggest just doing the ECM exchange and let it go.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM Bighorn
    Liked
    290 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RamDiesel View Post
    LOL! No the ONLY logical variable in ALL of these "how it changed" threads is the authors. The small bit of difference between the two available rear end ratios, the small variances in fuel, the small variances in different brands of tires, etc. . . . no NONE of that would explain the massive difference being reported by everyone who's had the update. It's all about the perception of the person reporting it. The truth (and everyone has the same truth) probably lies somewhere in the average of all of the reports.
    I agree on the "link to dealership". It is entirely software so it either worked or the flash failed.

The more likely cause is partially plugged intake manifolds, egr tubes, or just a plan and simple bad tune.

I'm going with bad tune thanks to the fine men and women of the EPA and DOJ.
    2014 RAM Ecodiesel Bighorn
    2014 Dodge Durango V6 3.6L

N 48° 38.680, W 080° 40.837 (Northern Ontario)
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 SLT, QC, Ram Box, Black Forest Green, Canyon Brown
    Liked
    343 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RamDiesel View Post

LOL ... step lightly there ... you might be accused of having common sense And BTW .... I agree with you .. 100% !!
    97hmcs likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    We have done about 40 AEM recalls at our dealership. So far one has come back with the concern of horrible throttle response. We have our engineering hot line involved. The hot stated replace air and fuel filters with new Mopar’s and retest. If necessary check for boost leak. Our shop Forman is involved and working on the truck. The Forman drove my truck. I have a 2018 eco diesel and also drove one of our salesmen’s eco diesel. Also a 2018. The Forman stayed all trucks operated the same. My 18 is very laggy accelerating. Now the dealership will not be able to make the truck operate as it used too. But what I recommend is call the customer service line listed in your owners manual. Contact to recall email or hot line. Also take it back to the dealership and have them contact STAR hotline and open a case. Just remember you can opt out of the AEM in some states but you won’t receive any settlement. Also remember the AEM was brought on by the law suits from C.A.R.B and EPA for ALLEGED emissions violations. FCA settled. Unfortunately this maybe the way there going to perform now.

roegs and Podestam like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Limited
    Liked
    681 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfortably numb View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 97hmcs View Post
    GDE offers an exchange program. Just swap it out and your truck will be down for about 20 minutes. I do agree they should have mentioned the AEM before doing it. I would suggest just doing the ECM exchange and let it go.
    Agree with 97...let it go. There is nothing to be gained at this point. They very well may have thought they were doing you a favor.

When you brought it in and worked with the Service Writer, did you mention not to perform any updates without speaking with you? If not, you might try doing that in the future. I mention it when I bring mine in and the Service Writer notes it right on the service tag.
    2015 RAM 1500 Crew Cab Ecodiesel Limited, 3.92 gears, air suspension, towing package.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links