Horrible throttle response after new Software - Page 12

Horrible throttle response after new Software

This is a discussion on Horrible throttle response after new Software within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Well, I guess I'll chime in for what it is worth. 2015 Laramie with 38K miles. Had the update done on Thursday last week. Engine ...

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Horrible throttle response after new Software

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Well, I guess I'll chime in for what it is worth. 2015 Laramie with 38K miles. Had the update done on Thursday last week. Engine was running fine when I pick it up after about a 3 hr. wait. Next morning, MAJOR slow getting started. No power and takes about 4-5 sec. with the petal floored to get ANY response at all.

How do we start a class action suit about this since FCA said the would be NO effect to performance of the truck. This is just crazy. I've got to believe that even a government investigation might be in order, due to the unsafe performance of this vehicle. If anyone can still say, after the update, that their truck is fine, I'd sure like to hear it again. I'd personally love to drive to wherever they are and drive their truck because this is just not working right. I'm over 73 years old and am not a hot rod, this is just plane scary to drive now.

How do we act together to get something done about this with FCA?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM Bighorn
    Liked
    267 times
    Personally I want to sue the EPA.
    97hmcs and shawclan5 like this.
    2014 RAM Ecodiesel Bighorn
    2014 Dodge Durango V6 3.6L

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1537 times
    AEM installed today on my 2016. Having come from the GDE tune, I can say that throttle response is not horrible. I really had no complaints with how it drove home from the dealer besides the Service DEF message I got on the dash.
    Havanajoe, 97hmcs, lucskoj and 1 others like this.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    AEM installed today on my 2016. Having come from the GDE tune, I can say that throttle response is not horrible. I really had no complaints with how it drove home from the dealer besides the Service DEF message I got on the dash.
    I’ve been pulling my dump trailer this past month and feel no difference from stock after warmup and it’s a little better in the higher gears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    97hmcs likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Guess I should drain mine and refill. Been adding DEF since last fall. Should be fine I would think.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    HAVANAJOE:
    Where do you live? I would love to come and have you hook up the trailer to my truck. I guarantee you that you will be changing your underwear the first time you try to pull a trailer out into traffic with my truck. It will not give you any kind of response other that a slow roll for 3-5 sec. (hot or cold) and even then is not very good at getting up to speed quickly.

Something is VERY different from your truck and mine if you don't see a problem.

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1537 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lucskoj View Post
    Guess I should drain mine and refill. Been adding DEF since last fall. Should be fine I would think.
    The amount of distilled water in my tank must be so small that it shouldn't be the issue. I waited until I got the 'add def' message on the dash then added 3/4 tank of def. I just chalk it up to a finicky tune.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fsmith2537 View Post
    HAVANAJOE:
    Where do you live? I would love to come and have you hook up the trailer to my truck. I guarantee you that you will be changing your underwear the first time you try to pull a trailer out into traffic with my truck. It will not give you any kind of response other that a slow roll for 3-5 sec. (hot or cold) and even then is not very good at getting up to speed quickly.

Something is VERY different from your truck and mine if you don't see a problem.
    Have no issues. The trailer is the one pictured on my profile. Your truck has a problem. Take it back to the dealer. They did something wrong.

Let me know when your in Northern Virginia.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab, 5'7" box, 3.55's, Air suspension
    Liked
    210 times

I had a similar experience for the 3 days I had the AEM - biggest difference was the way it shifted since the GDE trans tune is far superior to stock.

Bob
    Havanajoe and shawclan5 like this.
    2014 3.0 EcoDiesel, Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab, Graphite Gray, Saddle Brown Leather, 5'7" Box w/ Ram Boxes, Factory bedliner, BakFlip F1 Cover, BedRug, Air Suspension, 3.55's, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Amp Research bumper step

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2311 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fsmith2537 View Post
    Well, I guess I'll chime in for what it is worth. 2015 Laramie with 38K miles. Had the update done on Thursday last week. Engine was running fine when I pick it up after about a 3 hr. wait. Next morning, MAJOR slow getting started. No power and takes about 4-5 sec. with the petal floored to get ANY response at all.

How do we start a class action suit about this since FCA said the would be NO effect to performance of the truck. This is just crazy. I've got to believe that even a government investigation might be in order, due to the unsafe performance of this vehicle. If anyone can still say, after the update, that their truck is fine, I'd sure like to hear it again. I'd personally love to drive to wherever they are and drive their truck because this is just not working right. I'm over 73 years old and am not a hot rod, this is just plane scary to drive now.

How do we act together to get something done about this with FCA?
    mine is no worse than it originally was and I was happy with it in its original state. In fact it feels peppier because it holds gears a bit longer than before updating. That said it was always a bit doggy in the first few minutes on the road. You are welcome to come drive it if you are serious. Send me a PM and I'll give you me details.
    97hmcs likes this.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links