Horrible throttle response after new Software - Page 13

Horrible throttle response after new Software

This is a discussion on Horrible throttle response after new Software within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Got mine done today. No adverse effects. Drives as good or better than it did before....

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Horrible throttle response after new Software

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 CC 4x2
    Liked
    272 times
    Got mine done today. No adverse effects. Drives as good or better than it did before.
    TwoBobs and 97hmcs like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Liked
    1 times
    I had the AEM done in May 2019 at about 36,000 miles and immediately noticed three changes: First, there is now an acceleration "lag" under specific conditions. This lag never happened before the engine and transmission control units were flashed. The lag happens only when the engine was not fully warmed up and only when I climb the approximate 15% grade 1/2 mile from our house to the top of the hill. I do always start the engine and allow it to idle approximately 2 minutes before climbing the hill but I never warm it up to full temperature before taking off. The lag feels like the turbo is not spooling up fast enough. There is also the possibility that the transmission control module software mod now causes the engine to upshift sooner than before when climbing. During this climb, my transmission is shifting to third too soon and lugging down because it shifts from second to third at about 1500 rpm. To compensate, I am now regularly forcing the engine to stay in second until the crest of the hill where I remove the shift restriction. The second change following the AEM is substantially poorer fuel economy as displayed by the onboard computer as well as by an actual mathematical calculation. I have not yet gone on an extended road trip at highway and freeway speeds...only around town. My "city" mileage is now down from 16-17 average to 13-14 mpg. Those of you who have had the AEM done received the same documents from FCA as I did. One of the "disclosures" in the documents states, "...The AEM may, under sustained low speed driving (e.g. under 21 mph) with frequent stops, decrease your fuel economy...." That is exactly what I am experiencing. The third change is that the dash DPF regeneration display message appeared (80%) for the first time ever in over 35,000 miles. Ironically, the message displayed approximately 50 miles following the dealer AEM where, according to the dealer service record, the AEM procedure included a force regen. How can I get an 80% message only 50 miles following a forced regen?? The settlement check I am going to get for $3075 will be helpful, but not truly compensate for the lower than claimed mileage my truck gets.
    Your comments about my AEM experience are welcome.
    boocoodinkydow likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ecodiesel
    I had my AEM done a couple of weeks ago...definitely notice the lag when first starting off and up inclines. Scared me the first time it happen, I was pulling out onto a highway and it lagged for 2 to 3 seconds before taking off...very dangerous. Also my tow mileage went down 2 mpg. I towed a trailer to Phoenix from Northern California in March and received 14.5 mpg on the trip. Last week after the AEM was installed I pulled the trailer to Fort Bragg, Ca. about a 700 mile trip, received 12.4 mpg. Really disappointed in the performance, If the dealer can't do anything I guess I'll take some of the $3075 and buy the Pedal Commander.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Sponsored Links