Horrible throttle response after new Software - Page 19

Horrible throttle response after new Software

This is a discussion on Horrible throttle response after new Software within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Originally Posted by Podestam In addition to calling to file an official complaint with the FCA I have also filed a safety complaint with NHTSA: ...

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Horrible throttle response after new Software

Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Podestam View Post
    In addition to calling to file an official complaint with the FCA I have also filed a safety complaint with NHTSA: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/
    I would suggest more file official complaints to force their hand to do something about the changes after the AEM updates. My acceleration has become so bad its a huge safety hazard to drive and try to merge as I had to pull to the side of the road many times because of it.
    Just filed a complaint. This is going to be interesting...
    2015 laramie. Air suspension. 3.92.
    FCA ECM
    2017 ATC 28 front bedroom. 5.5 onan. Empty 6400lbs.
    Andersen WD
    Cooper HD XL
    Nationwide full time for 5 months/year.
    2012 300c AWD Hemi.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie Limited Eco Diesel
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC View Post
    Just filed a complaint. This is going to be interesting...
    I Filed a complaint with FCA after a month they closed it and said they were aware of the problem. Needless to say I am very unhappy. So I told them to put in an email they were aware of the problem and had no plans of doing anything about it. So my case manager did. I the forwarded all that to the NHTSA and opened a complaint with them. We will see where this goes. That was last Friday

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Lone Star Ecodiesel, 2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokedownbutgood View Post
    Reads just like all the paid endorsements sft used to push on other forums/pages.
    Ahhhh, really! Then can you explain the $900 debit not my account took to install this so called endorsement? Why should anyone have to shell out a butt load of money to get their truck running the way it's supposed to? I resisted spending anything for as long as I could, even looking at the Duramax HD, but it was fiscally easier to install both tunes than trade in a truck. So far I'm extremely happy with the results. So until you've had the opportunity to test out SKT tuning software, acknowledge that GDE doesn't have a monopoly on Ecodiesle tunes.
    John Jensen likes this.
    Abilene TX
    2015 Ram 1500 Lone Star Ecodiesel
    2017 HD Ultra Limited Low

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Lone Star Ecodiesel, 2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HairyKnuckle View Post
    I am considering this. Have you had to put back your original tune? Does the software accommodate a restore to your original saved file? I seen on the website sofa king charge $50 for retuning but not sure why if you have the original tune in a file.
    Good question...I would have to direct that to SKT. The transmission tune I have on my laptop. The ECU tune is uploaded to the server so I couldn't save it to file. It resides in his server so I can request the original tune and it will be available within a day. Not sure if there's a charge for it.
    Abilene TX
    2015 Ram 1500 Lone Star Ecodiesel
    2017 HD Ultra Limited Low

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ms14796 View Post
    Ahhhh, really! Then can you explain the $900 debit not my account took to install this so called endorsement? Why should anyone have to shell out a butt load of money to get their truck running the way it's supposed to? I resisted spending anything for as long as I could, even looking at the Duramax HD, but it was fiscally easier to install both tunes than trade in a truck. So far I'm extremely happy with the results. So until you've had the opportunity to test out SKT tuning software, acknowledge that GDE doesn't have a monopoly on Ecodiesle tunes.
    First off....so I am not accused of being a SK shill I purchased GDE. But I do think that if SK works well it sure is a good buy. I noticed over the 4th of July SF had a 20% discount, that would put the cost of the ECM and TCM tune combo at about $720.00.
    Last edited by tollmtn; 07-11-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    342 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ms14796 View Post
    Good question...I would have to direct that to SKT. The transmission tune I have on my laptop. The ECU tune is uploaded to the server so I couldn't save it to file. It resides in his server so I can request the original tune and it will be available within a day. Not sure if there's a charge for it.
    Jimmy told me there is no charge for restoring am ECM tune on file.
    There is no charge when Jimmy updates an ECM tune (another great service).
    The $50.00 charge applies to an AEM update tune or to restore when a dealer flashes over your SFT ECM tune.

If you let a dealer flash over the TCM tune it bricks the device and costs $150.00 and a send to Italy to get it restored.
    2016, Ram 1500 Big Horn, Crew Cab, 4x4, EcoDiesel, 3.55 Axle, Leer 100XR Shell on 5.7 bed
    2006, Ford F350 Lariat, Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.0 Diesel, 3.73 Axle, Leer 180 Shell on 8' bed
    2005, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 4x4, 4.0 Inline 6, Rock Crawler
    ARCHOIL 9100 & 6200 and PRI-D & PRI-G Dealer

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Just got back from my first drive with GDE installed. Went with a completely basic hot tune, and honestly this is how the truck should drive. Nothing over the top, good smooth power, lag is gone. Hopefully get my mpg back and the EGR garbage is off. Emissions compliant tune is awesome.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    97hmcs likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel BigHorn
    Liked
    415 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hodgexj1996 View Post
    Emissions compliant tune is awesome.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Which tune are you referring to? You surely don’t think programming that deactivates the EGR valve is emission compliant.

I am not bashing tuning at all. I do believe it is necessary to keep this truck running well for a long time. But let’s take it for what it is, an emissions defeat device....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    46 times
    My truck was reprogrammed two days ago. I picked it up at 7am. Upon starting it and driving away, the throttle response was noticeably lagging.... I mean it was horrible to the point of dangerous, leaving me in an intersection for too long.

But, once the truck was fully warmed up, it improved dramatically. Warmed up, I actually didn't notice any difference.
    John of Colorado
    '14 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4 QuadCab
    http://www.gracemotoadv.com

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alank View Post
    I Filed a complaint with FCA after a month they closed it and said they were aware of the problem. Needless to say I am very unhappy. So I told them to put in an email they were aware of the problem and had no plans of doing anything about it. So my case manager did. I the forwarded all that to the NHTSA and opened a complaint with them. We will see where this goes. That was last Friday
    Filing a complaint with FCA is useless. Call Lieff-Cabraser. They are the law firm handling the issues we are all having. They are NOT FCA's law firm. They keep in touch with the DOJ on this situation.They have a ton of complaints from us and the similiar problems we are all having. They need all the info they can get to get this straightened out for us. I don't even like driving mine anymore. However the poor performance makes my 6.0 powerstroke feel like a McLaren
    keyt.michael likes this.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Sponsored Links