Horrible throttle response after new Software - Page 2

Horrible throttle response after new Software

This is a discussion on Horrible throttle response after new Software within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; I will be interested to see the difference for myself. Many people made the same claims about the 14-16 stock tune as well. Some people ...

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Horrible throttle response after new Software

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1508 times
    I will be interested to see the difference for myself. Many people made the same claims about the 14-16 stock tune as well. Some people like to... ah.... embellish a little.
    lucskoj, howie12, Anomaly and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Well Cap, nice to hear you finally accept the fact that the new software flash is a real bummer. I knew last week when I posted a short lived excitement that I was correct. My truck is nothing like it was before the EPA update. I am 70 years young and know my vehicle. You are correct about the EPA, they suck.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram ED CCSB Bighorn 4x4
    Liked
    77 times
    EPA did not program the AEM tune for FCA.

Have to agree the throttle response is initially bad immediately after the AEM install. Cold starts, in the thirties, seem to make the situation worse.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    I got the update last week and having the same problem. Really bad from a dead stop.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Eco Diesel, Tradesman, Crew Cab, 4x4
    Liked
    108 times
    Wow, its getting difficult to know where to post experiences with the new AEM update, seems like there are 4 or 5 threads covering essentially the same topic. Perhaps the moderators can merge them into one.

Anyway, update on my experience over the last few days. The AEM flash seems to have reprogrammed the transmission shift points. While I haven't noticed a more significant throttle lag, the truck seems to stay in the same gear longer than before. The widened shift bands feel like a lack of throttle response, and to me it feels more like the up shifts aren't happening fast enough to stay on top of the horsepower and torque curves and its taking longer to get to the peaks.

I'm definitely becoming a GDE customer when the settlement check comes in.
    howie12 likes this.
    2015 ED Tradesman 4x4, 3.92 limited slip diff, trailer brake module, trailer tow mirrors, running boards, roll up tonneau cover, Air Lift 1000 rear coil spring air bags, spray in bed liner. GDE Hot tune and Trans tune. Original owner 36,000+ miles.
    20 foot Dune Sport custom toy hauler @ about 4,560 lbs empty, with WD hitch and sway bar.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Hemi , 4 X 4,
    Liked
    253 times
    Well, FWIW, even though no longer got an ED, got this MY 19 Hemi. I could not even imagine a slower lag, I would be on the Highway to either Michigan or the Post office with article addressed to GDE, just saying.

When I go in fer service with my Hemi, I have the OBD taped and I have told my SA REP, do not even think about flashing ne thing. There are 2 recalls out that have nothing to do with a flash, and I will eventually get em done.

Just how this Boird rolls.

IMHO, It seems everytime FCA does an update Flash and/or the EPA gets in the way, things just get worse, maybe just my viewpoint... WHY I do not allow em to touch and do ne flashes unless I have done a heck of a lot of research and see what is going on...
    2019 Bighorn 4 X 4, 3;21, Flame Red, Mopar full cover tonneau, painted veh color, pending bed mat, TRADED in ED, no longer suited for my needs...
    2006 Honda Gold Wing GL1800, with installed 2015 Cobra Razor Trike Kit (Color=Yukon Gold)
    (2) Hossies,.. ... (4) Doggies... (Pics in album)
    Let us be sure that those who come after will say of us in our time, that in our time we did everything that could be done. We finished the race; we kept them free; we kept the faith. RONALD REAGAN

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1508 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mw243 View Post
    EPA did not program the AEM tune for FCA.

Have to agree the throttle response is initially bad immediately after the AEM install. Cold starts, in the thirties, seem to make the situation worse.
    Sure, the EPA didn't program it, but FCA has to program according to the EPA's rules. Its not like RAM put egr's, dpf's, and catalytic converters on vehicles because it was good for them.
    overlook637 likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram ED CCSB Bighorn 4x4
    Liked
    77 times
    Yup, they have to program to EPA rules just like everyone else does in the States. FCA knew they had to do this when they decided to market the ED to NA. Still, I don't notice anything resembling the dead pedal feel of the AEM equipped ED when driving 6.7 powerstrokes or cummins. FCA is responsible for the execution of the AEM within the parameters established by the government here.

WFS
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I had the software updated last Wednesday, the truck seemed okay but I also had poor throttle response one a few occasions. But my EGR cooler did go out after the update. The truck is at the dealership now as they try and figure out how this extended warranty works.

Member #
    I had the new settlement software update last week. I immediately felt the terribly slow response when I put the peddle down and also almost got in an accident. Further more the next day my truck had a dead battery and now the check engine light is on. Not good

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links