Horrible throttle response after new Software - Page 3

Horrible throttle response after new Software

This is a discussion on Horrible throttle response after new Software within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; I had mine flashed last week and didn't get a chance to drive it much until yesterday. I didn't notice much if any difference in ...

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Horrible throttle response after new Software

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I had mine flashed last week and didn't get a chance to drive it much until yesterday. I didn't notice much if any difference in throttle response. My mileage has been a little lower since putting on the Goodyear tires with Kevlar. Yesterday out on the road I averaged 24 mpg/hwy, but it was also raining, .56 inches while I was out.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Tradesman ED
    Liked
    86 times
    I had the GDE tune since 36,000 miles and had the AEM done at 93,000 miles. I forgot how terrible the truck drove stock. Needles to say I paid my$50 for a reflash of my GDE and now my truck is back to the way it was. Get the GDE tune....problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    7milesup and Patroller8D like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2364 times
    From other threads it seems like some dealers may be missing some kind on initialization step. Mine was done yesterday and it is completely stock and other than slightly hiugher shift points I see no other difference in about 130 miles of driving.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Well I hope my GDE re-boot will cure my terrible lag but according to GDE, we may also need their transmission tune to regain our pre-AEM transmission performance.

GDE
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram EcoDiesel 3.92axle 4x4
    Liked
    2572 times
    Quote Originally Posted by howie12 View Post
    From other threads it seems like some dealers may be missing some kind on initialization step. Mine was done yesterday and it is completely stock and other than slightly hiugher shift points I see no other difference in about 130 miles of driving.
    You so need to drive a truck with the GDE engine and trans tune. It will change your view like east from west.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Approved Emissions Modification (AEM)

Quote Originally Posted by alank View Post
    I had my software updated on my 2015 Limited on Monday last week. I don't drive my truck much because I have a work truck. I took it out Saturday to go shop for a 2019 2500. In at least 3 separate occasions it had no acceleration and almost got me hit trying to pull into traffic. Has anyone else had the experience? I think I will call the dealership and see what they say.
    I also had my ECU updated last week. The paperwork states, "The Approved Emissions Modification (AEM) consists of a software refresh that modifies the calibrations in your vehicle's Engine Control Unit (ECU) and Transmission Control Unit (TCU). My truck now drives like I am pulling 10,000 lb trailer all of the time. Very sluggish, has to downshift much more significantly. Struggles to maintain speed going up a modest incline. Very slow and sluggish accelerating from a stop. Trying to go up a hill in a neighborhood at slow speed is practically impossible and I have to manually downshift to 2nd or even 1st gear to build up some RPM. It basically cannot get out of it's own way. Fuel economy is also noticeaby worst by at least 2 mpg. I am very disappointed with the vehicle performance. I am seriously considering the GDE tune to revive the performance of the vehicle.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2364 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    You so need to drive a truck with the GDE engine and trans tune. It will change your view like east from west.
    Yes, I understand that but it wouldn't change my views on original factory tune vs new emissions compliant which is what I was commenting on. I was not comparing to GDE tune since I cannot. I don't doubt your tune makes the truck run better but I have been OK with mine as is and it will be likely gone sometime this summer likely replaced by a PEntastar. IMHO diesel emissions controls at the current technology level are not ready for practical real world cost effective long term use. bticbw

All the best,

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mw243 View Post
    EPA did not program the AEM tune for FCA.

Have to agree the throttle response is initially bad immediately after the AEM install. Cold starts, in the thirties, seem to make the situation worse.
    You are right epa did not write the tune but, epa held a gun to FCA's head to make sure it was written.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
    jsintx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    And so did California Air resources board too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jsintx likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 ED SLT Qcab
    Liked
    105 times
    I think when you push the gas pedal down 3 times then drive 5 mph you are pairing the new ecm program to your trucks throttle position sensor and speed sensor.
    Captainmal likes this.
    My next new car will run on hydrogen.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links