Horrible throttle response after new Software - Page 7

Horrible throttle response after new Software

This is a discussion on Horrible throttle response after new Software within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Originally Posted by alank I had my software updated on my 2015 Limited on Monday last week. I don't drive my truck much because I ...

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Horrible throttle response after new Software

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by alank View Post
    I had my software updated on my 2015 Limited on Monday last week. I don't drive my truck much because I have a work truck. I took it out Saturday to go shop for a 2019 2500. In at least 3 separate occasions it had no acceleration and almost got me hit trying to pull into traffic. Has anyone else had the experience? I think I will call the dealership and see what they say.
    2016 Ecodiesel AEM/PCM TCM Emissions update. 8570 miles. (I don't drive it to work.)

High All, Want to chime in with a DITTO for horrible performance lag and throttle response, downright dangerous when cold. Seems to me something went very wrong during the dealer emissions software update here in SE Texas.
    Also, my oil life went from 90% to 30%. The driver information display was in a mode where many ECM module readings were being displayed - like the programming mode hadn't been exited. I know Driver Information Display will not normally allow viewing these parameters. Finally, I had to drive it for about 10 miles after picking the vehicle up before the display information screen returned to normal. The depress throttle 3X drill and then get up to 5 mph was done at least three time. Made no difference.

Member #
    I had my 2016 done about 3 weeks ago. It horrible!! I will admit that the ecodiesel is no huge powerhouse (stock) but this is absolutely horrible. I called into dodge and made a complaint and they asked me to go back to dealership to verify that the software update was the cause. I booked in and they said no cel no issue. Fml. Today I have a cel p0401 so here’s to hoping. I absolutely loved this truck a month ago and all I want now is for it to burn to the ground!!! I never understood why my dad bought a 2017 and traded it off after two months, I do now!!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mine too. Horrible acceleration to the point it's downright dangerous. I have to mash the pedal halfway just to get it to go, almost getting into 2 accidents because of so, Transmission stays longer in gears, everytime it shifts it feels like it's decelerating. My mpgs have gone from 26 to 20. I'm so livid and pray that FCA makes this right. Screw the $3k. I'm now going to pay $100 more a month in gas! VW diesel passat owners got $10k and VW bought the car back. We seriously got shat on.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 RAM 1500 ED BigHorn (Bright Red)
    Liked
    67 times
    My throttle response only sucks when the motor is cold. After it warms up then it seems back to normal. I did notice a loss of about 1 MPG when towing, otherwise it seems normal. I've been planning on the GD tune after I get my check so I haven't been too concerned.
    Ken
    '16 RAM 1500 ED Bighorn 4x4 - the sexy bright red one
    It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance? -- Ronald Reagan

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I’ve always warmed my truck and still do. After several weeks mine is running fine. Pulled an 10 ton dump trailer yesterday no sweat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I am having similar issues after the update. Little to no acceleration when the engine is cold. I wish I had found this forum before doing the update. I might have given it a second thought.

According to Chrysler - "The AEM is not expected to change any of your key vehicle attributes, such as average fuel economy, reliability, durability, vehicle performance, drivability, engine noise or vibration, or other driving characteristics." Clearly not the case for my truck.

I didn't buy this truck for speed, but it's always had the power when I needed it. Generally speaking, I love the truck. I am disappointed with this update and hopefully the re-learning mentioned in this thread is the cause and solution. Time will tell.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I meant to ask - Does anyone know of any tuning option for those of us in California?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Tradesman 2WD CC GC
    Liked
    95 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoED View Post
    I meant to ask - Does anyone know of any tuning option for those of us in California?
    +1

Id be interested too

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram ED Crew Cab Big Horn
    Liked
    74 times
    Ever since I bought my truck, I remote start it and let the engine oil pressure and temp warm up before I drive it. It may not be necessary but friends with diesels recommended it and with the lower main bearing failures, I always thought it was a good idea especially with the oil pressure! Those in CA I would think there would be a creative solution to get the tune in a round about way, maybe through a relative out of state?
    Havanajoe likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Send the ecm to someone trust worthy out of state. Than have them ship that package to yoir Cali address. What momma don't know won't hurt her. If you just go with a simple gde or similar emissions compliant tune it's not the end of the world. If you're super worried keep original ECM for warranty and dealer purposes.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links