Horrible throttle response after new Software - Page 9

Horrible throttle response after new Software

This is a discussion on Horrible throttle response after new Software within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Originally Posted by bill-e I just got V08 today, V07 (Auto Park) was pulled. My truck drives just like it did before the flash. I ...

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Horrible throttle response after new Software

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie
    Liked
    230 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bill-e View Post
    I just got V08 today, V07 (Auto Park) was pulled.

My truck drives just like it did before the flash. I had V08, Oil and filter, Tire rotation, Tire leak found and fixed and a State inspection and emission test performed....total time at the dealer was just about 1 hour.
    So day 2. First PITA is that the Auto Park change must have been rolled into V08 because my truck now flashes the current gear, puts the truck in park and displays a warning that the truck is not in Park when the door is opened and the seat belt is off. A real PITA.

Secondly. 75° ambient temp. I jumped in the truck in a rush to meet my wife for lunch. Started it, immediately put it into gear and took off. The truck took off at a whopping 2 miles an hour for what seemed like an eternity until it slowly picked up speed. Had I been in traffic it would have definitely gotten some honks if not a rear end collision.

From my perspective the AEM has adversely affected the drive-ability and performance of the truck.
    2015 Laramie CC 4X4, Protection Group, Convenience Group, Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group, Anti Spin Diff, 3.55, Remote Start, Uconnect 8.4AN w/Altec Lansing Speakers(9), Romik Steps, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Dual Liner, AMP BedStep, Stampede Hood Protector, Edge Insight CTS2
    Gatortrax One MX Tonneau cover, Husky Centerpoint TS Hitch, Total Load Control Air Bags
    Build 12/2014

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 LARAMIE
    Liked
    12 times
    Yep have had my flash for almost a month and the the throttle lag when cold is still there and hasn't changed a bit. I now give myself plenty of time when pulling into traffic so I don't get hit. Once it warms up I haven't noticed any difference and my mileage and mileage while towing have remained the same.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4 eco d
    Liked
    2 times
    What happens if you DON'T get the update?? I haven't had it done yet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    15 times
    I would suggest the update based on the extended warranty itself. That is a great piece of mind even if you don't want to claim the cash. I did not originally notice any issues with acceleration after AEM but to be honest I never stomped on the pedal. Therefore its possible any hesitation I notice now could of existed all along. Or it could be all of the posts I keep reading. But I do love my 23 mpg's all around which is the reason I purchased. All of my F150 friends with the 2.7 and 2.5 ecoboost get 18 - 20 mpg and the ride does not even come close.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I had the AEM completed on my 2015 last week and I've nearly been ran over 3-4 times trying to merge into traffic. It takes at least 3 seconds or more for the turbo to spool up now. Throttle response is terrible.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4572 times
    Quote Originally Posted by unclericco View Post
    I had the AEM completed on my 2015 last week and I've nearly been ran over 3-4 times trying to merge into traffic. It takes at least 3 seconds or more for the turbo to spool up now. Throttle response is terrible.
    Lol

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel BigHorn
    Liked
    420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ed1stdiesel View Post
    You drive on happily and don’t worry about it. Nobody is going to force you to have it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn 4x4 CC ED
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ed1stdiesel View Post
    I guess it depends on where you live. When I did mine they gave me a card for proof to the DMV that I had it done. I don't think I can renew my registration without it.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn Crew Cab ED
    Liked
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by unclericco View Post
    I know what you mean, but I have to wonder why you would put yourself in that situation 3 more times after the initial one. I anticipate the lag and take side streets that let the truck warm up to normal temps, and then I decide to go into the real world.
    Kyler likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie
    Liked
    230 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dodtbdm View Post
    I know what you mean, but I have to wonder why you would put yourself in that situation 3 more times after the initial one. I anticipate the lag and take side streets that let the truck warm up to normal temps, and then I decide to go into the real world.
    Besides the lag there is, at least with my truck, a prolonged period when cold...a few hundred feet at least, where the truck just won't accelerate even with the pedal floored. I just sent my dealer an email about it (I thought I might lose my temper if I called them) and awaiting a response...there were a couple of other issues with the service too ..not my usual experience with them.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    2015 Laramie CC 4X4, Protection Group, Convenience Group, Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group, Anti Spin Diff, 3.55, Remote Start, Uconnect 8.4AN w/Altec Lansing Speakers(9), Romik Steps, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Dual Liner, AMP BedStep, Stampede Hood Protector, Edge Insight CTS2
    Gatortrax One MX Tonneau cover, Husky Centerpoint TS Hitch, Total Load Control Air Bags
    Build 12/2014

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links