Got AEM update with no impact or issues to performance - Page 2

Got AEM update with no impact or issues to performance

This is a discussion on Got AEM update with no impact or issues to performance within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; You are in the wrong thread...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Got AEM update with no impact or issues to performance

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    You are in the wrong thread

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Just got back from a 1000 mile road trip post AEM update and my performance hasn't changed, but my mileage seems to have increased a little. This trip was a mix of some city driving, hills, but mainly highway. Got AEM update with no impact or issues to performance-ram_mpg.jpg
    mbaessler and boocoodinkydow like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    7 times
    Had my AEM update this morning, 2016 Big Horn 41,326 miles 9.55 rear end and 20" wheels, all STOCK. After reading many post about issue folks were having I had a discussion w/my Service Mgr and expressed my concern (performance, etc). My truck was ready in about 1 1/2 hours. I was ready for accelerator lag, etc, I did have a wee bit of lag BEFORE the update and so far it's gone and is actually a little quicker "off the line". I drove like "like I stole it" on the interstate home and through another 15 miles of country 2 lane roads...performance is a little better IMHO. Took a steep hill quickly, no lag has I had before the update; a little quicker getting up to highway speed on the on-ramp. I did note that at 67 mph it did drop to 7th gear on a slight hill (cruise control was on) which it had not done before and shifted easily into 8th on the downhill side.

If this continues I'm very pleased! I did just fill the tank on the way home and will monitor my MPG as well as my DEF usage and will report if anything is way out of whack.

Cheers!
    LJB likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6376 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobie-Wan Kenobi View Post
    Were/are any of you guys GDE? I still have my GDE and it seems to shift out of 8th easier among other shifting differences I have noticed.
    Been avoiding this entire AEM section for a variety of reasons. Now, since I just posted my results pre and post AEM today, wish I had seen this. Could have posted it here.

My shifting experience is in my thread on this subject. it is the opposite of yours. Darn transmission did NOT want to shift out of 8th in spite of the rpm's dropping down to 1,200. That is BAD for the engine and I hope the transmission learns to shift down easier. When I install another GDE tomorrow I am doing nothing to the transmission. I am a bit afraid of all that "dongle" stuff or tool stuff with their transmission tune and have not done anything like that before. Now I may have to try it to get it to shift down. Time will tell but I do not want the transmission lugging the engine like it did today.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok guys, I'm pissed. Since the update, my acceleration is pure crap and downright dangerous. I have to push throttle down halfway to make it go. The transmission stays in gears too long and always sounds like its laboring. My mpgs fell dramatically. From 25 to 20. I have the 2015 big horn 2wd. I absolutely loved this truck. I grew up a Ford guy, restoring 8 classic mustangs, had two 90 5.0s, and 3 f150s. I was so excited about the 2015 f150 coming out with the aluminum body... however I'm also a realist and the horrible real world 19mpgs had me look at the ecodiesel. I immediately fell in love. With that being said I'm a huge buyer's remorse person, I was worried that I'd hate the truck and wish I went with the Ford.... boy was I wrong! I was the biggest advocate of the ecodiesel. Now, my truck is slow, dangerous, and more expensive to run due to crappy mpgs. I hate driving it. $3k is not worth it. The VW Passat diesel owners got $10k and VW bought the car back. We all got effed. Not even a full warranty.
    tollmtn likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6376 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Robseco View Post
    Ok guys, I'm pissed. Since the update, my acceleration is pure crap and downright dangerous. I have to push throttle down halfway to make it go. The transmission stays in gears too long and always sounds like its laboring. My mpgs fell dramatically. From 25 to 20. I have the 2015 big horn 2wd. I absolutely loved this truck. I grew up a Ford guy, restoring 8 classic mustangs, had two 90 5.0s, and 3 f150s. I was so excited about the 2015 f150 coming out with the aluminum body... however I'm also a realist and the horrible real world 19mpgs had me look at the ecodiesel. I immediately fell in love. With that being said I'm a huge buyer's remorse person, I was worried that I'd hate the truck and wish I went with the Ford.... boy was I wrong! I was the biggest advocate of the ecodiesel. Now, my truck is slow, dangerous, and more expensive to run due to crappy mpgs. I hate driving it. $3k is not worth it. The VW Passat diesel owners got $10k and VW bought the car back. We all got effed. Not even a full warranty.
    Sorry for your situation. There is a solution. Bet you know what iit is. Just three little letters to fix and silence the entire issue. GDE.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie
    Liked
    208 times
    Just had the update and drove about 35 miles home through stop signs, lights and highways. I did not notice anything different about the way the truck drove and my mileage was spot on in comparison to the way to the dealer.

So for now, my fears seem to have been unfounded and I hope it stays that way.
    Whammo likes this.
    2015 Laramie CC 4X4, Protection Group, Convenience Group, Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group, Anti Spin Diff, 3.55, Remote Start, Uconnect 8.4AN w/Altec Lansing Speakers(9), Romik Steps, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Dual Liner, AMP BedStep, Stampede Hood Protector, Edge Insight CTS2
    Gatortrax One MX Tonneau cover, Husky Centerpoint TS Hitch, Total Load Control Air Bags
    Build 12/2014

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    11 times
    AEM completed with no issues. MPG's about the same if not slightly better. Shift points do feel different but cannot really explain the difference as I just drive it. Very happy with the dealer experience and extended warranty. Can't wait to receive the check.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn Crew Cab ED
    Liked
    19 times
    I originally reported no issues, but if I drive the truck after sitting for a day, the cold acceleration is not there. It takes 4 seconds for the truck to respond to flooring the pedal. After the truck is warm, there is no difference pre/post AEM. I called the settlement line to make sure I submitted my papers correctly and I let him know the update did affect driveability.

He let me know I'm not the first person to call about this and that all he could tell me was what they told him to tell everyone, that the update would not impact any operation of the truck. I chuckled and said ok, I'll just wait for the next revision.

And for those who say they truck is slow when it's cold, I agree, but this is a completely different feel from before the AEM. I have adjusted my cold truck driving habits.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn Crew Cab ED
    Liked
    19 times
    Just curious if any of you who have gotten update let your truck sit for more than a day without starting/moving? I noticed that driving the truck a couple days in a row everything was fine, but after letting it sit more than a day is when it gives me the throttle issues.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links