For those who almost get in an accident - Page 2

For those who almost get in an accident

This is a discussion on For those who almost get in an accident within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Originally Posted by 97hmcs I'm seeing some posts about almost getting hit when pulling into traffic or getting T-boned at intersections, or having difficulty merging ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: For those who almost get in an accident

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM Bighorn
    Liked
    277 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 97hmcs View Post
    I'm seeing some posts about almost getting hit when pulling into traffic or getting T-boned at intersections, or having difficulty merging after the AEM. All I can say after laughing a little is are you really serious? If so, I'm going to suggest a little practice driving before driving on public roads.

I don't think it's fair to share the road with other drivers under these circumstances. It's not fair to jeopardize the safety of others if you need to relearn driving skills. I'm thinking it might be as simple as anticipating your actions and pressing the accelerator pedal a little further downward. If that doesn't work perhaps a little practice driving one of the following vehicles:

Ford Fiesta 1.0L. ...
    Toyota Yaris. ...
    Toyota Prius. ...
    Chevrolet Spark. ...
    Smart Fortwo. ...
    Toyota Prius C. Here's another Prius on the list. ...
    Mitsubishi Mirage G4S

After just a few miles in one of the above referenced vehicles you will think your Ram (with the Approved Emissions Modification) is a rocket ship.
    I agree with you, but you are barking against the wind. Most of the people with this "problem" wouldn't be happy with a Tesla with a 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. They don't know how to drive or care to learn. That goes for about 50% of the idiots I have to drive around on the way to work and home each day. Then there is the way they drive around people towing trailers. Then there is the dolts who think their souped up Ford power dump with a massive 5-wheel trailer is suppose to drive like a 1/2 truck with no load in the back.

Then there is the State of Michigan cars/trucks and their drivers.
    lucskoj and arkie 16 like this.
    2014 RAM Ecodiesel Bighorn
    2014 Dodge Durango V6 3.6L

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 EcoD Outdoorsman CC 6.5' 4X4 3.92
    Liked
    2369 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phprof View Post
    Then there is the State of Michigan cars/trucks and their drivers.
    There is nothing any more wrong with the cars/trucks on Michigan roads...
    ...just the idiots behind the steeringwheel especially around the Metro Detroit area
    phprof and Joe mama like this.

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1515 times
    Ahhh the woe is me exaggerated world we live in, don't you just love it!

When I read something like that it immediately discredits anything else they have to say.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn Crew Cab ED
    Liked
    31 times
    I only had one unexpected instance where the truck reacted completely different than I'm used to. I've put about 200 miles on it since, and the truck is acting the same as before the AEM.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM Bighorn
    Liked
    277 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash68 View Post
    There is nothing any more wrong with the cars/trucks on Michigan roads...
    ...just the idiots behind the steeringwheel especially around the Metro Detroit area
    I sit corrected. I was trying to be "nice".
    Crash68 likes this.
    2014 RAM Ecodiesel Bighorn
    2014 Dodge Durango V6 3.6L

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Laramie
    Liked
    230 times
    97hmcs, I know you're only having fun but my limited experience with the AEM is horrible with a cold engine (summer cold, I can't imagine what it will be like in the winter). If one was an aggressive driver and started the truck from cold and pulled out into traffic it would feel like the truck almost stalls and would definitely cause some tire screeching from the approaching traffic.

I do believe that FCA is in violation of the terms of our agreement in that the vehicle performance and driving characteristics have been negatively impacted and as such expect another round of class action once many people have V08 applied.

"The AEM is not expected to change any of the key vehicle attributes, such as average fuel economy, reliability, durability, vehicle performance, drivability, engine noise or vibration, or other driving characteristics."
    2015 Laramie CC 4X4, Protection Group, Convenience Group, Tow Mirror and Brake Control Group, Anti Spin Diff, 3.55, Remote Start, Uconnect 8.4AN w/Altec Lansing Speakers(9), Romik Steps, Weathertech Mud Flaps, Dual Liner, AMP BedStep, Stampede Hood Protector, Edge Insight CTS2
    Gatortrax One MX Tonneau cover, Husky Centerpoint TS Hitch, Total Load Control Air Bags
    Build 12/2014

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4564 times
    Bill, Hopefully FCA can get it fixed for you and the others with the same issue.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    It is not our driving ability or technique, it is the AEM tune.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-18-2019 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Too brash for me - vented in anger.

Member #
    Vehicle
    16 tradesman qc ed 4x4
    Liked
    24 times
    You want a lack of performance? Drive a truck powered by a 238 horsepower 2 stroke Detroit loaded to 78,000 pounds with a 7 speed trans and a 5% grade. It still figures to weight to horsepower. The transmission gets you the torque to move a load.
    2016 TRADESMAN QUAD CAB, ED, 4X4, 6' 4" BED, 3.0 WITH CD, VENT SHADES, ALUM FUEL CAP, DEE ZEE LOW PROFILE TOOL BOX, SPRAY IN BED LINER, CROME BUMPERS AND STEPS

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Just a followup on the less than stellar throttle response following the AEM "V08/V11 upgrade" on my 2016 ED. I received a call from a FCA Chrysler rep today about my (and many others too) systemic throttle response issue. She is following up with the dealer to schedule time for the service dept. to run diagnostics on the truck, I'm guessing to get a baseline or see where the problem lies. I'll keep you informed as to where this goes and whether it progresses to an acceptable end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links