Claim Status Change After AEM? - Page 2

Claim Status Change After AEM?

This is a discussion on Claim Status Change After AEM? within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; Originally Posted by SavagePatch Hey Howie, Where did you hear that? It makes sense since that's when my claim updated to show the AEM complete. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Claim Status Change After AEM?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2311 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SavagePatch View Post
    Hey Howie,

Where did you hear that? It makes sense since that's when my claim updated to show the AEM complete.
    in the myriad of official information posted on this site about the claim. I cannot remember exactly where.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I'm thinking my dealer has dropped the ball. The Mopar owners website is s showing that I need to have the V08 recall completed.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Molecular_Mechanic View Post
    I'm thinking my dealer has dropped the ball. The Mopar owners website is s showing that I need to have the V08 recall completed.
    Two weeks after the update My-Mopar web page still said V08 incomplete so I called the update hotline. They said the dealer had not sent in the paperwork. I checked with the dealer they claimed to have sent it in electronically 6 days after they did the update.

OK.... I noticed that on the bottom of the email I received after I filed the claim that if you have a question you can call or reply to the email. "If you have any questions about the claims process, please call 1-833-280-4748 for assistance or respond to this email".

So I sent them a reply email mentioning the call to them and that they claimed the dealer had not sent in the paperwork, the date the dealer claimed they had sent the paper work in and also mentioning that they should have the info and that My-Mopar page should be updated to reflect that the work was completed.

They did not reply to my email but just hours later that day My-Mopar page DID update and the V08 update was green check marked as completed. Bottom line I do not believe that the coordination between the departments at Mopar is what it should be, so in some cases it pays to do some follow-up on your own.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Crew Cab 4x4
    Liked
    12 times
    I had the update done on May 28th, and it posted today on my Mopar.com page. I submitted my claim on May 18th, and have yet to receive and offer letter or an email from the case manager. I called in today and was told they have everything, but they are backed up, and the claims are being reviewed 4-5 weeks after submission at this point. She said I should have an email from the case manager in the next week or so. As the a secondary owner, I assume that I will have to wait for actual check until the end of August to receive what ever check I am going to get, unless the original owner has already submitted their claim, I and I am getting the reduced amount. i wonder how they are handling it if the vehicle has had three owners, and all three submit....
    fxober likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    My Mopar.com account finally changed to having the AEM completed. I spoke with my dealer Monday (6/10/19). Service gal had no record of the service and speculated that the gal that closes out warranty claims hadn't got to it. Their excuse was everyone had been doing training. Still waiting on the settlement site to reflect the changes.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 RAM 1500 4x4 Laramie Longhorn Edition
    Liked
    132 times
    Thanks @Siduus for making the phone call and telling us what the backlog time is, I guess I will see a check in July or August. I submitted on May 21. Had the AEM done May 22. In plenty of time for new tires and wheels for Winter.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Dealing with the FCA customer service experience has been an extremely disappointing experience for me. Emails get no response and promised call backs are never made.

Given multiple reports about drivability/ performance after getting the AEM installed, I'm beginning to think the delay in processing my claim is a blessing and I might forgo the cash & extended warranty. I like my truck as it is. I seem to recall the CEO of FCA said the tuning of the ecodiesel complied with EPA rules and was optimized for performance and RELIABILITY. I remember he specifically emphasized reliability and protecting the engine under certain conditions. it's hard to believe a bunch of government beurocrats could do better than FCA's engineers. The AEM was developed under duress and it's hard to believe the AEM doesn't come with some compromises in performance and/ or reliability. Time will tell.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2311 times
    My status now finally says update finished and check in the mail. Notarized docs notes as accepted before the date dealer did the work on 5/20 and 21. Hold up was in the dealer's back office submitting the final warranty paperwork to FCA. They us an offsite person or agency to do the stuff and there is no decent control on timeliness. Normally it doesn't matter to the customer since they go for the cheap processing and accept a slightly later payment for their warranty work but in this case it affects the customer.

While I don't like it it is probably understandable.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Claim first submitted on May 9th, AEM was done on May 21st. Claim site was updated on Jun 12th to reflect AEM work completed (22 days). Check sent pending.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Laramie 2016 ED
    Liked
    14 times
    I submitted my first round of forms 7 weeks ago and my track claim update shows forms submitted and document package complete. It's been that way for 6 weeks now. I called the track claim number and a rep said I should go ahead and get the truck flashed. Seems like I'm missing a step here and should get an acceptance form first. I never sent in anything notarized.
    I don't want to get the flash and they come back saying I'm not getting anything. Any help in this will be appreciated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links