Anyone Suing FCA privately?

This is a discussion on Anyone Suing FCA privately? within the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM (Approved Emissions Modification) forums, part of the FCA/EPA 3.0L Diesel Settlement and AEM category; I ran across a post on one of the FB groups where a guy said "I've recused myself from the settlement in order to sue ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Anyone Suing FCA privately?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

I ran across a post on one of the FB groups where a guy said "I've recused myself from the settlement in order to sue FCA privately"
    Can someone tell me what this entails? How's that possible? What does that guy hope to gain above and beyond?

I asked him to provide the above and didn't get a response so I'm hoping someone here knows.

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1484 times
    A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

You really think any court is going to award more than what was awarded in the FCA settlement?
    jetlag, MAS, John Jensen and 1 others like this.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1367 times
    I have more faith in the people of the class action suit suing ram. They have experience with it and more time and resources to devote to it than I or any attorney I hire does. Also since the class action case is already settled im curious if they court will just rubber stamp any other cases with the same decision, why should they do it all again? And if they were to decide differently would that allow people of the class to do something new etc.?

I think one reason some opted out of the class action suit is they are looking for a buyback, I don't think that's gonna happen.
    John Jensen likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Longhorn 4x4 LB Crew Ecodiesel
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZmavaz View Post
    I ran across a post on one of the FB groups where a guy said "I've recused myself from the settlement in order to sue FCA privately"
    Can someone tell me what this entails? How's that possible? What does that guy hope to gain above and beyond?

I asked him to provide the above and didn't get a response so I'm hoping someone here knows.
    The opt out deadline was not mentioned by FCA anywhere I saw and came and went even before final class approval in May. It was either the middle or end of April. Sorry but it's too late.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Ram !500 Laramie Crew
    Liked
    165 times
    The main reason some would opt out of the class action is if they thought they could get more money out of FCA. There were some that went this route with VW but have never heard any results. That could have been part of the outside settlement. IIRC, the state of Arizona got some more money out of VW for the false advertising but am unsure how much of that went to the owners.

The difference between the VW and FCA suits, IMHO, is that VW advertised the cars as having "clean diesel" and some thought, including FTC, that was false advertising and VW should have been forced to do buybacks at full MSRP plus penalties. FCA was determined to have not declared all of the adjustments that the computer does under all operating conditions.
    MR. TED likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ncskibum View Post
    The main reason some would opt out of the class action is if they thought they could get more money out of FCA. There were some that went this route with VW but have never heard any results. That could have been part of the outside settlement. IIRC, the state of Arizona got some more money out of VW for the false advertising but am unsure how much of that went to the owners.

The difference between the VW and FCA suits, IMHO, is that VW advertised the cars as having "clean diesel" and some thought, including FTC, that was false advertising and VW should have been forced to do buybacks at full MSRP plus penalties. FCA was determined to have not declared all of the adjustments that the computer does under all operating conditions.
    It was a combination of false advertising, and taxes. My buddy got 1k back from the state of AZ.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

You really think any court is going to award more than what was awarded in the FCA settlement?
    Interested in learning is all. It's more a curiosity than anything.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram ED Crew Cab Big Horn
    Liked
    74 times
    AZmavaz according to the Arizona AG's press announcement sometime back, 2585 Arizona ED owners would receive $1000 in compensation from Arizona's part of the settlement with FCA. I've tried contacting them but can't seem to get a response back on how to claim the $1000!

https://www.azag.gov/press-release/a...-auto-supplier

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1367 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve49 View Post
    AZmavaz according to the Arizona AG's press announcement sometime back, 2585 Arizona ED owners would receive $1000 in compensation from Arizona's part of the settlement with FCA. I've tried contacting them but can't seem to get a response back on how to claim the $1000!

https://www.azag.gov/press-release/a...-auto-supplier
    Lol I want to know what the other states are doing with the money they got.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Long Horn, CC, 4x4
    Liked
    222 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZmavaz View Post

To much vodka ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links